Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)  (Read 39111 times)

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Turn 6
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:53 am »

GMT -8. How are we getting through turns so fast anyways?

Downloaded turn, taking it now, it will be sent in ~30 minutes or sooner

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2009, 01:55:02 am »

What's taking so long? mlittle phased out or something?
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:16 am »

Turn done.

The diplomats are still drafting the next letter.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2009, 05:43:06 am »

хороший.

For further reference, all my posts are OOC unless explicitly stated to be IC.

Given at the Imperial Forum, in response to High Lord Gabrielle
Honorable cousin,
 your words puzzle me. Do you intend to say that all relationships between Houses must be those of servitude and loyalty? What happened to your speech of honor and civility? Can a House not offer another support in individual issues without it being a servile act? Is compassion and respect unknown to you? And as our representatives have spoken in favor of Al-Malik in the recent incident, does your criticism also reflect on us?

At least it seems we are in accord in relation to the three planets. As most honorable House Decados has retracted their claims, I hope we can all put this issue behind us.
And in claiming worlds I would argue that maintaining a visible presence on the surface is essential. Reclamation by word only would be laughed at by the rebellious barbarians in residence, which would retract from the prestige of the claiming party, and by extension all Houses.
Ambassador Salath,
 by words of Speaker Zdanya,
  House Hazat

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2009, 10:07:17 am »

Lady Zdanya, I do not know the sentiments of the various factions your people deal with, but when my forces inform authorities of our intention to take control of their planet, they do anything but laugh.  The great house Hawkwood and my own house respect each other's verbal claims as well.  Perhaps this is local to our culture.  You speak of compassion and respect, but were so eager to rattle your saber against the Decados in the form of condemnation.  On the other hand, our house has neither condemned the al-Malik nor the Decados, showing respect to both.  When you only show such behavior to one house and not another then the relationship borders on that of a vassal.  We do know Saladin's fame and history make him perhaps the most charismatic living noble, but you do disservice to your own name to so eagerly align in favor of one.  We had believed a scholar replacing the old Hazat generals would have been the change we can believe in. (sorry couldn't help myself)

-High Lord Gabrielle of house Li Halan

(Turn sent)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:10:32 am by Kebooo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2009, 10:08:53 am »

Double post/edit failure

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2009, 10:28:40 am »

Turn sent.
Angry rebuttal later.

Rumors spread to the galactic community of heavy fighting on Aragon, with sporadic orbital fire and amassing of local militias. There are even rumors of Symbionts on the surface.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:34:10 am by nahkh »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2009, 12:29:19 pm »

Turn is done.

edit: maybe it'd be better if nakh stopped putting the current turn number in the thread name? It's hard to keep it updated properly when you're not the last player in a queue.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:31:27 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:07 pm »

Turn sent.
I'm going to be gone much of Saturday and Sunday (and again Wednesday and Thursday I think), so I will likely be slow in taking my turn for a bit.

Also symbiots would explain why Hazat has no tech at the moment...

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2009, 06:04:29 pm »

So I tested out internal security apparatus (in an offline game), to see if it actually stopped 0% loyalty units from rebelling, and it doesn't.  It bothers me the game was released with the 0% loyalty bug and it never got fixed.  Maybe it was intentional?  0% loyalty symbiots and rebels don't really instill fear, but the game obviously has a steep learning curve.  I just hate that the AI, no matter how much you cripple yourself, won't ever make a move to become emperor.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Turn 4
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2009, 08:58:55 am »

Turn done.

Lord Saladin, with all due respect, what gives any house a claim over any of these new worlds we now invade?  Are these so-called rebels revolting against their own populace?  These planets are full of self-governing factions, however, we all agree their cultures are backwards and inferior to that of the great houses.  Thus rightfully do we claim these planets as our own.
At present, we do not claim any planets other than Istakhr as our own. But we do not need claims to fight the rebels. We call them rebels for they defy the rule of the empire, they do not follow it's laws and customs. Their cities are governed by chaos, filled with petty sqabble, full of warring factions. We consider it our duty to the empire to fight the rebels. The cities we take from them, where the people of Al-Malik settle, where our laws and customs are respected and obeyed, those we claim as our own. And through us, they are now part of the empire.

But to claim a world by word is perhaps no different than claiming a world by force.  Or are we to treat our politics as that of a mad rush by land squatters?  Have we truly fallen to outright barbarism?  The suns may now be fading, but the spirit and heart of man must shine brightly, forever.
A noble should never bellittle the valor of arms. It is no barbarism to take by force what is being denied by force. The rebel held cities are denied by force, so we fight them by force. And it takes more than just words or force to claim the whole world as your own.

I do not presume to interfere in your disputes over Rampart and Pyre, but who among our houses would dare doubt the verbal claim of a great noble lord in favor of a tank's treads?
If you ask what is valued more, words of a noble, or actions of a noble, we would choose actions.

I would hope you consider this back at Istakhr, where you lay claim over your people's lands as your own, even in sectors that have no military presence.
We do not claim Istakhr through force, but through customs the people follow and laws they obey. It is those laws and customs that burden our nobles with rulership. It is them, that make me, Saladin, chief of chiefs of all Al-Malik.

We are wary that the al-Malik may follow  a path that sheds the nobility of our importance, much like the League has done.  Perhaps your proximity to Leagueheim and their unholy wiles is clouding your mind on this matter.  I will pray at my personal temple this very night to protect you from their influence.
Claiming through words is the way of the League. Words are the only thing they offer freely, but even that come with a hidden price. We would never take the path of the League for we understand it's errors more than any other house. Some things can not be changed. A noble is born to lead and he can not abandon his destiny. The same way I, Saladin, could not deny my destiny, to rule over the united tribes of Al-Malik.

We respect the Decados interest for Aylon and their wish to build a solid claim to it, so we are staying out of it. We can only hope, that some day, they bring the planet wholly under the rule of the empire.

Saladin, chief of Al-Malik.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2009, 09:56:31 am »

Lord Saladin, we respect your opinion on the matter and are glad that your house and the Decados have come to mutual terms on Aylon.  The Li Halan will have no opinion on the fates of Rampart and Pyre.  We have already over-extended ourselves on a matter that does not directly concern us.

However, I am wary of your use of the term empire.  We are a divided people, the regency sits empty, the imperial guard has remained without orders for countless generations, our last emperor long dead.  I swear allegiance only to my house, and all houses hope to see the empire one day restored.  Our laws and customs are certainly different than those of the other houses.

We would also like to inform all other houses that the Li Halan have taken control of Artemis and do not want incursions there from any house outside of the Hawkwood.  The Li Halan and Hawkwood will also be exchanging various cities in the near future, and so any war declaration should not be seen as hostile.

-High Lord Gabrielle of house Li Halan

(Turn sent)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2009, 10:24:03 am »

(turn sent)

To High Lord Gabrielle

Honorable cousin,
surely you can see that we have by no means shown exclusive support to House Al-Malik. Naturally we would offer our diplomatic support to any legitimate complaint. It just happens that this happened to be the first instance of said support. We owe no loyalty to them, nor any other House.

I quote your own words: "when my forces inform authorities of our intention to take control of their planet, they do anything but laugh." Exactly so. But they do this not out of respect to your House's integrity and honor, but out of fear of your arms. It is the way of the world, cousin. It is not by my choice, and I do lament the state of affairs.

I hope we can put this matter to rest, as it seems we have exhausted all productive venues of discourse. I will let your remark regarding the history of House Hazat slide, in the interest of good relations.

Speaker Zdanya,
  House Hazat

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Pax Galactica, no regent elected.
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2009, 11:45:27 am »

done and sent.

(Ibn Palazzo watches the heated discussions his now-redundant claim provoked and cackles with satisfaction)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Pax Galactica, no regent elected.
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2009, 11:51:28 am »

Grrr *waves fist at Il Palazzo*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23