Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: Vote Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 54145 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »

Super props go to a Janus, Org, Kashyyk team, should one exist.

That would be hilarious. XD

Unfortunately, I am 100% sure Josh is scum. He's not being himself.

I'm just hoping TM was telling the truth about only being able to secretly change his vote once per game. =/

I'm still hoping Frelock's actually scum, though. <.< And a scum team of Josh, Janus, and Org would be bad. If that's the case, they need to just come right out and say that they've won to end this. Same for Josh and TM.

I'm really hoping the scum team is Frelock, Josh, and Org. Then town can win pretty easily.

I'm doing lots of hoping. >,>
I am not Scum.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2009, 07:10:52 pm »

I really hate hurting your feelings Zai, but you're claims that you "know how I act" or how "certain" you are ARE 100% WRONG!

Super props go to a Janus, Org, Kashyyk team, should one exist.

That would be hilarious. XD

Unfortunately, I am 100% sure Josh is scum. He's not being himself.

I'm just hoping TM was telling the truth about only being able to secretly change his vote once per game. =/

I'm still hoping Frelock's actually scum, though. <.< And a scum team of Josh, Janus, and Org would be bad. If that's the case, they need to just come right out and say that they've won to end this. Same for Josh and TM.

I'm really hoping the scum team is Frelock, Josh, and Org. Then town can win pretty easily.

I'm doing lots of hoping. >,>

Yeah, hoping. That'll do you alot of good.

Hmm, I forgot about the tie breaker and the lovestruck voter.  So, since I'm out of the running, we have the current votes possible:

Chaoticjosh: 3 votes (his role, of course)
Zaithmaster: 2 votes (if he was indeed motivated, which I'm assuming is true)
Toonyman: 2 votes (gets Kashyyk's vote)
JanusTwoFace: 1 vote
Org: 1 vote (must be a tie to count)
Frelock: 0 votes (blocked)
Kashyyk: 0 votes (lovestruck)

Current tally:
CJ-Zai, Toony (4)
Zai-CJ (3)

Automatic Scum Wins:
CJ, Janus, Org (3+1+1(tiebreak) v 2+2)
Zai, Toony, Janus (2+2+1 v 3)
Zai, Toony, Org (2+2+1(tiebreak) v 3+1)
CJ, Toony (3+2 v 2+1)
CJ, Zai (3+2 v 2+1)

With this info, I think we can infer that the scum team is:

Zai
Frelock
Janus

Zai
Kashyyk
Janus

Zai*
ToonyMan*
Kashyyk*

Janus*
Toonyman*
Kashyyk*

Kashyyk
Janus
Org

Bold = most likely

* = won't discount

There might be some combinations I haven't seen yet, so feel free to bring them up.

I LIKE HIM BETTER.   ;D  I don't know, I was just joking.

Unvote.

Vote Sir Josh.   :(

Well, uh.....my role is the secret voter.  I can once during the game switch my vote from behind the scenes.  I'm SORRY inaluct I thought you were scum.   :'(

What's with you Toon? You're letting EVERYONE push you around! Man up and throw some wild accusations at people!

Finally, can you do your vote count Frelock? I want to see something...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »

OK MAN UP.

I Unvote.

I don't want to hurt anyone!

Well....that didn't work.  UGHH.

Vote Frelock.  DONT HURT MEEEE.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2009, 07:17:16 pm »

Thats kinda scummy.

Quick Switching or w/e it is called is mafia stuff.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2009, 07:21:51 pm »

It's not really necessary to roleclaim anymore, because you should be able to figure it out from process of elimination, but my role is Lynch Delayer.  While this may obviously make me suspicious (why haven't I used my ability thus far?), I will say that each time, I thought we had scum.  Not so very correct, unfortunately.

Essentially, I can stop the lynch from happening for a day (unless it's me getting lynched).  I think this may be the (or at least a) reason that the game is still running.  I can stop the Mafia from getting a day kill (and thus counteract Josh's power just like Zai could) in addition to a night kill so long as I'm alive (which I have a feeling won't be for another night now).

Roles (assuming no-one is lying)
Mr.Person - Infinity Voter
Pandarsenic - Forceful Voter
inaluct - Negative Voter
Mephansteras - Motivational Voter
Kashyyk - Lovestruck Voter -> ToonyMan
chaoticjosh - Triple Voter
Org - Swing Voter
ToonyMan - Secret Voter
Frelock - Vote Counter
JanusTwoFace - Lynch Delayer
Zaithemaster - Vote Blocker

Really, at this point, I think that the most suspicious people are:
Zai or Josh - I don't think it's both of them, but I do think it's one of them. (Could be both of them playing at some deeper game... STOP PARANOIA! STOP!, ok, done now)
Toony - His vote is jumping about an awful lot (and taking Kashyyk's with it as long as they both are alive).
Me - I'll admit that not using my role before now is suspicious, but I just haven't been sure enough.  Please don't lynch me on that basis alone.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2009, 07:25:45 pm »

Why is vote jumping suspicious I ask you?  I'm trying to please everyone!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2009, 07:25:56 pm »

Vote Tally

Zaithemaster - chaoticjosh
chaoticjosh - Zaithemaster
Frelock - ToonyMan

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2009, 07:31:53 pm »

Hmmm, So Janus, IIRC, you can stop anyone's lynch but you're own, right?

Also, Frelock, disregard what I said earlier about vote counting.

Let's see, unvote vote ToonyMan. I have my doubts on Zai's Identity, but ToonyMan is becoming jumpier and jumpier, something that seems out-of-whack even for him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2009, 07:35:51 pm »

:P

Why is jumping so suspicious, I'm havin' fun!  You old farts!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2009, 07:41:44 pm »

With this info, I think we can infer that the scum team is:

Zai
Frelock
Janus

You're actually making me laugh this time, Josh. Josh says that the most likely team of scum (excluding those with him, of course) involves me and the guy whose vote I blocked. And this is coming from the guy who said I was the one who couldn't use basic logic. You're really just insulting everybody's intelligence now, Josh. And that's just rude.

If me and Frelock were both scum, blocking him would be fucking suicide (it may turn out like that anyway if he's really townie T,T) for us winning. Please don't insult me like that again, Josh. I'm not that scatter-brained.

[Pre-post edit:] Really Josh? REALLY? This at least makes me feel better about TM (and by extension Kashyyk).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2009, 07:56:12 pm »

Yeah right Zai! Lay the hell off! You blocking Frelock doesn't prove anything, God knows I'D attack my own teammates if it proved advantageous.

Now, just to let you know, the only reason I did my preemptively voting of you was in the possibility of IF you vote blocked me before I could do anything.

Then you fucking FLIPPED OUT and started attacking me, and I've just been following suit ever since then.

Now, I'm more than willing to admit that I may be wrong, you, on the other hand, are CERTAIN that I'm scum. Now let me tell you, certainty will be the DEATH of you Zai! I was certain Inaluct was mafia, and I was certain YOU were mafia in Paranormal 3, and the willingness to second guess yourself will help out alot. We can't be certain of anything, REALIZE THAT! IT'S THE TRUTH!

There's one little tidbit of broken logic I'd like you to respond to though, before the day 2 lynch, these two posts were made:

Well, I'll probably get lynched.

Seriously, lynch Zai when I'm gone. Avennnnnge meeeeeeee.
Aw shit. I'm now thinking Josh is scum.

Unvote inaluct. Too late to make a difference, though.

How does Inaluct making a statement against you implicate ME?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2009, 08:07:21 pm »

What I said was, me blocking Frelock would be the end of the game if we were both Mafia. There would be nothing "advantageous" about it.

How does Inaluct making a statement against you implicate ME?

That doesn't. It was that at that point, I began to really believe inaluct wasn't scum and that you were. See this post before that:

[Snipped for size]

I never said that part was a lie, silly, though I can see how you could think I had, considering I had poorly worded that second sentence of mine in my accusation post. The gist of it is: you didn't give the whole truth. This, combined with Meph's theory of your role being made to somewhat counter Josh's, is why I'm voting for you. If you're proven not scum after the lynch, then I'll vote for Josh tomorrow (if I'm still alive, as I have the only role that can completely annihilate the use of Josh's role...).

Wait. Oh crap. Sudden thought: my role, possibly alongside inaluct's, is what's meant to counter Josh's role. Only thing is, I would have to block him before he votes, or lock him on someone I think is scum. Thoughts, particularly from Josh and inaluct?

I am confused. Reevaluation time.

[quick edit:] And Josh, when are you posting this round of EPYC? >,>
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2009, 08:35:17 pm »

It WOULD be advantageous. Bussing someone at this point in the game would make all the difference later, seeing as how there's no cop role.

Let me just put this as simpliy as I can, if I were scum, the ONLY possible scum team would be:

Me
Kashyyk
Janus or Frelock

Any other combination would lead to a 1 vote lead against the town, I believe, unless my math is off somehow.

Now, if you look at ToonyMan, he is quite active and willing to scumhunt in other mafias, but he refrains from doing so in this one? Why is that? Maybe Toon doesn't think he has what it takes to frame someone else, so he just let's everyone bicker and do the work for him?

Pre-edit: I'll get to doing the EPYC when I get to doing it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2009, 08:39:14 pm »

To be honest I've got nothing in this mafia.  It's just chance that I'm still alive.  What I can see though is either you (Sir Josh) or Zai is scum.  I don't know who to vote for at this time though, so I left the vote on Frelock.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2009, 09:54:53 pm »

Oh, you're SURE one of us are dopps? Now, there is something I've been keeping a secret. I like you though, so I'll let you in on this secret, and it'll just be between you, and me, and everyone else here. What if I told you that this vicious arguing between me and Zai has actually lowered my suspicion of him?

Now, in my list of possible scum teams, there is one that I forgot to mention:

ToonyMan
Janus
Org

Now, if I had to guess the only person that's been lurking more than you, is Org. Janus, using his apparently pedestal of intelligence and towniness, remains in the center with his objectivity and holding back with his lynch delay, presumably to use in the endgame. You'll provide random votes he may need, and Org'll look pretty and help out where he can.

Now, if I had to speculate at all, I think this would be the scum team I'm looking for.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34