Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: Vote Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 54201 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2009, 05:38:51 pm »

Hmm...I'm going to guess that Pandarsenic was night-killed by the mafia in an attempt to frame chaoticjosh. That's pretty common scum reasoning, so for now I'm putting josh on my 'probably not scum' list.

I'll go ahead and vote for Frelock, since he was active day 1 but didn't end up voting for anyone. Why not, Frelock?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2009, 05:54:57 pm »

Thoughts thus far (correct me if I seem wrong on anything, suspicions in italics):

Weird things in the vote count: It's probably one of the two (or more if the Mafia lied) roles we don't know about.  For example a Double Voter + Negative Voter.  Or some sort of conditional vote (only counts if it's the last vote, etc).  This is why we need Org's known role.

On chaoticjosh's innocence - Yes, I realize that it's WIFOM, but that also might be a Mafia ploy to make us believe him.  I'll just keep this one in the back of my head.

Kashyyk (almost) has to be the Lovestruck Voter, tied to ToonyMan's vote (Kashyyk's vote moved without any say-so in the matter).  By Pandar's logic (and I agree), this means that both are suspicious (ToonyMan more than Kashyyk for now).  The only exception would be if one of the two unknown role's has some sort of similar effect.

Neither Frelock or inaluct voted yesterday.  It might have been to avoid revealing that (one of them) could be a Negative Voter (unless the Negative Voter is in the group above), but it's still suspicious.

Org still hasn't revealed his known role.  In addition, he voted at the last minute for Pandar and then Pandar ends up dead.  Hmmm.

chaoticjosh and Pandarsenic both voted for Mr.Person.  One possibility is that chaoticjosh was trying to silence Mr.Person's role-revealing (meaning that the Mafia could have a powerful unknown role) and Pandar went with it to avoid dying as Forceful Voter.  The odd thing with this is that Org didn't die during the night.  Although by the same logic, Mephansteras is mildly suspicious for voting for Org.

Summary: I'm currently suspicious of Org, Frelock, inaluct, chaoticjosh, ToonyMan, and Kashyyk (in no particular order).  At this rate, I'm going to go insane from parania before long.  Also, I realize that this is twice as many Mafia as there are, but it's still something to go off of.

That's all I have for now.  In interest in finding out the last possible role, I'm going to vote Org.  Mr.Person and Org each had one (but didn't reveal it) and it's too late for Mr.Person's.  So what is it?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2009, 06:06:16 pm »

Right, read through older posts again (so edit by way of post):

One of Org, myself, and Zaithemaster is probably the Tie Breaker.  The vote wasn't tied, so the vote didn't count.  I'll go ahead and say that it isn't me.

This means that it is either Org or Zaithemaster.  Zai didn't seem to know about it, so either he's lying (and then most likely Mafia) or Org has it.  I'm going to guess that Org has it, because that seems like a silly thing to lie about.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2009, 06:18:24 pm »

Org IS the tie breaker. Notice how both Zai's and Janus' votes are counted on this page:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39061.90

When the weird vote counter ability is used.

Hmm...I'm going to guess that Pandarsenic was night-killed by the mafia in an attempt to frame chaoticjosh. That's pretty common scum reasoning, so for now I'm putting josh on my 'probably not scum' list.

I'll go ahead and vote for Frelock, since he was active day 1 but didn't end up voting for anyone. Why not, Frelock?

That's pretty rational of you Meph, to immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm being framed instead of calling me scum. Perhaps you're in fact scum, and you want to do some sort of weird reverse bus, to make an innocent look more innocent, in order to draw suspicion away from yourself?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2009, 06:22:18 pm »

Org IS the tie breaker. Notice how both Zai's and Janus' votes are counted on this page:
Ah, missed that.  At least Zai isn't (currently) on my list of suspicious people.

That's pretty rational of you Meph, to immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm being framed instead of calling me scum. Perhaps you're in fact scum, and you want to do some sort of weird reverse bus, to make an innocent look more innocent, in order to draw suspicion away from yourself?
And perhaps you're both scum, trying to throw the rest of us off by blaming each other.  But that kind of thinking is going to drive me insane, so I'll back down for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2009, 06:25:59 pm »

Yeah, I'd say it's too early in the game to get caught up in WIFOM logic circles. Yes, I could be scum trying a weird tactic. But I'm really not. I'm basing my reasoning off of the sheer number of times I've seen scum use that exact logic when deciding who to night kill in the Paranormal games. So I consider it an anti-tell.

Could be wrong, sure, but at this point in the game it's all about looking for clues. I consider that a clue, if not one that proves anything to a great degree.

I still want to know why Frelock didn't vote yesterday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2009, 06:42:38 pm »

WA, can you please give us a list of everyone that is alive?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2009, 06:54:01 pm »

inaluct
ToonyMan
Kashyyk
Mephansteras
Frelock
chaoticjosh
JanusTwoFace
Zaithemaster

The front page has them all listed, too, as well as all the revealed roles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2009, 06:56:44 pm »

I'm surprised Sir Josh wasn't killed.  He has bad luck with that.   ;)

Anyway, I guess Kashyyk is probably stuck to me.  I don't think Love Struck voter would be scum, doesn't look like a good scum role.

I do feel suspicious of Meph's for his sane logic!  ARGGHHG.

FoS Meph.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2009, 07:04:04 pm »

Stop making me think of Footkerchief, ToonyMan!

Of course, please elaborate on that ToonyMan, because my argument had two parts!

A thought occurred to me Meph, in the very hypothetical scenario that you were a dopp, knowing what you know, would you have used that logic to instead kill me rightaway, instead of trying to frame me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2009, 07:06:36 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39061.90

When the weird vote counter ability is used.

Is this your argument?  Ok.

I agree with Org being Tie Breaker.
I agree with what you said about Meph.  Well, you might be scum making Meph look like scum!  I'm on to you!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2009, 07:11:35 pm »

A thought occurred to me Meph, in the very hypothetical scenario that you were a dopp, knowing what you know, would you have used that logic to instead kill me rightaway, instead of trying to frame me?

If I was scum...personally I'd have just killed you for being dangerous. But I'm not sure what roles they might have, so that might factor into it. It's quite possible that they're trying to frame you and get either the town to kill you for them or to get you to kill some other townsperson with your huge number of votes.

Hmm...I'll have to ponder the roles we know about and the roles the dead had to see what's most likely at this point. The Negative Vote role seems pretty likely to be scum, if you're not, since that would give them a counterbalance against you voting for one of them.
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:35 pm »

Im confused. Why is this framing josh?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »

Meph, I didn't vote mainly because I couldn't have changed anything by doing so.  With Josh as the triple voter, it was clear that Mr. Person was going to be lynched.  I wasn't against such a lynch, however, I also didn't want to needlessly bandwagon.  If I would have had to vote for someone yesterday, I probably would have said Mr. Person, but it didn't seem necessary at the time.  I'm not trying to hide my vote; I'm not the negative voter.  I'll prove it to you.

Vote Meph

This is not an OMGUS, just a demonstration.  I'll unvote you before the day is out (unless I seriously consider voting for you, in which case I will state such).  I kindly ask the vote counter to give us a tally of the votes soon, so that you all know I wasn't trying to hide my vote.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2009, 07:21:53 pm »

I also ask those who did not vote yesterday to vote now, so that we may get a real feel for who is what.  I'm also curious: who was motivated yesterday?
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34