Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Vote Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 54205 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2009, 09:11:16 am »

Also to say vote counter, If you don't want to reveal your identity you are free to tell me the results. I promise I will not give your name to anyone.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2009, 09:14:17 am »

Actually, better idea: Vote Counter should send their totals to me. I'd rather not explain why to anyone but the counter.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2009, 09:16:20 am »

How about the vote counter not send their info to ANYONE that could be a mafioso?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2009, 09:20:25 am »

Rolelist:

Motivational Voter-This guy is able to give someone an extra vote during the night, which the receiver can then use the next day.

Forceful Voter - The person you vote for has to be lynched and it has to be the majority or else you're dead.  If you don't vote, you're dead.  Your vote isn't effected by anything. Potential game-ender if Mafia.

Lynch Delayer - Can delay any lynch besides their own until the end of the next day.

Tie Breaker-  The person's vote is not taken into consideration unless it would break a tie.

Negative voter - His vote counts for -1, effectively helping the person he votes for.

Infinity Voter - Gets one use of an "Infinite Votes" power per game. Potential game-ender if Mafia.

Lovestruck Voter - Must vote as another player does. Very dangerous if other player is Mafia. Almost certainly not tied to Negative Voter or Forceful Voter.

Vote Counter - Can see how many actual votes are on people once per day.

You know, trying to figure people's roles out isn't the problem. Trying to figure out who's MAFIA is. I think we've lost sight of that recently.

Also, can I get some support on the extension request?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2009, 09:29:19 am »

I second the extension request.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2009, 09:30:53 am »

Also, we have eight roles out of eleven. Which could mean that the Mafia roles are not known by the Townies.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2009, 09:51:21 am »

Who's yet to name the roles they know? I have a greater suspicion of them being Mafia....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2009, 09:52:17 am »

Org
Mr. Person
Pandarsenic
inaluct
ToonyMan
Kashyyk
Mephansteras
Frelock
chaoticjosh
JanusTwoFace
Zaithemaster

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2009, 09:55:20 am »

wut?

anyway,

Org
Mr. Person
Pandarsenic
inaluct
ToonyMan
Kashyyk
Mephansteras
Frelock
chaoticjosh
JanusTwoFace
Zaithemaster

The ones who are struck out have given their known roles.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2009, 10:00:39 am »

My present suspicions of role Scuminess:

Quote from: Pandarsenic
Motivational Voter-This guy is able to give someone an extra vote during the night, which the receiver can then use the next day. Maybe Mafia, maybe not. If Mafia, he could grant votes to townies to gain their trust (if they do know) or give an extra vote to a townie who's bad at scumhunting (if they don't know). Also could, y'know, give an extra vote to Mafia members.

Forceful Voter - The person you vote for has to be lynched and it has to be the majority or else you're dead.  If you don't vote, you're dead.  Your vote isn't effected by anything. Potential game-ender if Mafia. Almost certainly scum-safe. Making a Mafia member always have to vote with the majority would be horrifically unfair.

Lynch Delayer - Can delay any lynch besides their own until the end of the next day. Could be either.

Tie Breaker-  The person's vote is not taken into consideration unless it would break a tie. Probably not Scum. Making Scum be the guy who always hammers or making him vote early and not change is just cruel and, again, a little unfair.

Negative voter - His vote counts for -1, effectively helping the person he votes for. I'm wary of this one; it makes it easy for Mafia to shelter their own members while appearing to be voting for them.

Infinity Voter - Gets one use of an "Infinite Votes" power per game. Potential game-ender if Mafia. Having a near-guaranteed lynch ready to spring in the endgame is a dangerous power. It's also exactly the sort of trick webadict would set the Mafia up with.

Lovestruck Voter - Must vote as another player does. Very dangerous if other player is Mafia. Almost certainly not tied to Negative Voter or Forceful Voter. Unless it's a Mafia member tied to another Mafia member, this would also be a horrifically unfair thing to do to a Scum player.

Vote Counter - Can see how many actual votes are on people once per day. Now that I think about it, this could be a powerful information-gathering tool for scum. It would also give the Mafia, if Infinity Voter is the other scum, one lynch trick and one information gathering trick, which is in accordance with the principle of Mafia being an Informed Minority vs. an Uninformed Majority.

Also, it's 2 Mafia, no Nightkill, right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2009, 10:31:35 am »

There are three mafia members. It says so

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2009, 10:57:06 am »

That's a pretty good list, Pandarsenic. Although, since this is the first game of this mafia I'm not going to assume that web thought of all of that up front. He probably did, but I'm wary of too many uninformed rules assumptions.

Really, I'm just saying we need to scum hunt based on posting more then vote role. Although since all the roles deal with votes scumhunting is going to be a lot harder then usual to find patterns from voting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2009, 11:18:54 am »

Also, webadict, can we get an extension?
Yes, I suppose. Until the end of the weekend?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2009, 11:27:24 am »

A voice rises up from the crowd: "Let's get a vote count!"

Current Votes:

inaluct - Mr.Person (1)
Mephansteras - JanusTwoface (1)
Frelock - ToonyMan (1)
Kashyyk - chaoticjosh (3)
Pandarsenic - Zaithemaster (1)
Org - Mephansteras (1)
ToonyMan - Pandarsenic (1)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:39 am »

Ah, so that's how it works? Neat. As you might be able to infer from the data, I'm a triple voter. My vote counts for 3 votes.

I can also divide my vote among two people, with the first getting 2 votes, and the second getting 1.

I suppose I'll unvote now.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34