Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Vote Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 54144 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Night 2)
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2009, 10:14:46 am »

The sun peaks behind the clouds and the sleepy faces emerge from their rooms. You find Mephansteras brutally stabbed in various organs. A quick rummaging through his clothes finds that he was a Motivational Voter!

Motivational Voter - Each Night, you give another player an extra vote for the following Day.

It is now Day.

Since chaoticjosh was unsure of when he'd be on today, he asked me to post this:
"If you are reading this, then it means that I am still alive. I've asked Webadict to post this message of mine at the start of the day, to which he agreed.

It is 3:30 AM as I write this, several hours after the end of the day, and I've come to the conclusion that preparations must be made.

What preparations? Vote Zaithemaster

I do this because, if my suspicions are correct, then I will be left alive by the mafia for the express purpose of being an increasingly easy lynch, and Zai, whom I suspect to be mafia, will aid in this by Vote Blocking me before I am able to do anything, thus gauranteeing I am unable to vote. By voting in this manner though, I am able to dodge Zai's vote block, and if he used his power preemptively on me last night, then my vote is now permanently attached to him. Take that!

Though, if I'm completely wrong, and Zai didn't preemptively block me, then I can simply re-evaluate the situation whenever I log on.

Also, I would like to ostracize Inaluct for being a lousy lurking town player that apparently can't argue to save his life, and accepts death at the drop of a hat."

Thank you very much Webadict.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2009, 10:23:57 am »

Written in blood
AAAAAARRRRrrrrrgggggg......
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2009, 11:07:07 am »

Current most important suspicions (as in the most likely people to need to be lynched; from my point of view):

Zai:
- Josh thinks he is.
- Zai (and the other Mafia) are trying to frame Josh.
- Very late in the day voting yesterday.

Josh:
- He's still alive, even with the ability to Triple Vote.
- Meph died.  He had one of the four remaining abilities to counteract Josh (Zai, ToonyMan, and the Lynch Delayer have the others; two of these Josh wants dead)
- He wanted to make absolutely sure that his vote couldn't be blocked.
- Zai is next on his kill list.

I am currently unsure which of these two is more likely to be Mafia; although, as you may see from my reasoning, I think Josh is the more likely of the two.  In either case, I do believe that one of them is scum (or even both).

I would like to hear some opinions before casting my own vote.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2009, 11:17:19 am »

Vote Count

inaluct - JanusTwoface, chaoticjosh, Mephansteras, inaluct (6)
JanusTwoface - ToonyMan, Kashyyk (1)

Wait a minute.  Something is a little squirrely about this vote board.  Either ToonyMan's vote or Kashyyk's vote counted for inaluct instead of for me.  We know that Kashyyk is the Lovestruck Voter, so this has to be some sort of ability of ToonyMan's.  Looks somewhat suspicious (although I'm not opposed to votes moving off of me).

ToonyMan, care to share?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:31 pm »

Well, I have an extra vote today. I assume this means Meph gave it to me before he was killed...somehow. I dunno. I asked Web; he'll get back to me.

If it was Meph that gave it to me, I take this as support from him that he also believes Josh to be scum, considering it was Meph's theory that really led me to believe Josh is scum.

But regardless of how I got it, I will vote for chaoticjosh with both of my votes.

This means the vote is Josh 2, me 3. There are 7 people left, 3 of which are Mafia. We have to kill Mafia today, and that will be difficult with the Mafia's 5 votes (assuming Josh is mafia, which I'm pretty damn sure he is). There's 3 other townies aside from me. This gives us a total of 5 votes. I'm pretty sure I have to block another Mafia member (assuming they all vote for me) for the town to not lose, though all townies would need to vote for Josh.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I guess I'm just going to have to go with my previous suspicions. I'm almost certain Janus is town. TM, Org, and Frelock I'm not too sure about.

Screw it. I'm gonna block Frelock. Early suspicions are good suspicions.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2009, 01:39:52 pm »

Well, if you're right, then the town is already screwed.  I am town, and therefore, you guessed wrong, Zaithemaster (not that it matters, my vote has been blocked).  So, therefore, the only way the town can win is if Josh is on our side.  Hence, the only way the town can win is if you are scum.  Therefore, I'll just hope that the case is thus, and encourage everyone to vote for Zai.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:03 pm »

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I chose the wrong one!

._.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2009, 01:54:51 pm »

What? Heh? Zai?! "I suspect Josh, in fact, I suspect him SO MUCH I'm gonna block Frelock! Don't stare at me! My logic WORKS!"

I'm not sure if this is you throwing your hands up in the air and bussing Frelock "whom you've told to lie" or if Frelock's clear, and you're blocking him for the express purpose of avoiding another vote on you.

Also, I'm clear without a shadow of a doubt.

3 mafia: 1 + 1 + 3 = 5 votes versus the town's 4 (or five votes if Meph had given his vote to a townie) votes. If I were Mafia, I'D HAVE WON BY NOW!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »

And what do you mean you chose the wrong one Zai?!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2009, 02:06:55 pm »

[Directed at Frelock:] WAIT

You could still be lying. I hope you're lying. I really hope you're lying.

Townies need to vote Josh, in case Frelock is lying. Which I'm hoping he is.

[Pre-Post edit because Josh posted:] Okay. Josh is definitely Mafia. You've already voted, and hence, blocking you would only keep your 3 votes on me. That's a waste of a block, because you won't be changing your vote anyway. Why the hell would I block you? That would be the worst thing to do. For you to be lynched, we need one more vote against you than against me. You (Mafia) have 5 votes and we (town) have 5 votes, because Meph motivated me (I got confirmation from web that said it was him). For us to get one more than you, all townies have to vote for scum (you, as you're the most obvious), and I have to block a scum.

That's the reason I blocked Frelock. I'm almost positive Janus is town (though that backfired in Paranormal 3, when I was sure that Frelock was town but was really the last remaining scum, just waiting for you and me to kill one another). That left Org, TM, and Frelock. 2 of those 3 are scum (in addition to you, assuming that Janus is town). I picked 1 of those 3. Frelock, because I had originally suspected him of being scum on Day 1. However, he just said that he was town. I at first took this at face value, but now I suspect and hope he's lying, or else town is royally screwed unless the other 2 Mafia members don't do anything.

My logic fucking works. If you say otherwise, you're scum trying to confuse townies into thinking there's no hope (assuming there is hope T.T).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2009, 02:16:26 pm »

It would appear basic logic is something that amazes and confuses you Zai, because a 5 v. 5 tie would result in a mafia win, because that would result in a no-lynch, and thus a free kill for mafia.

It appears to me that you're running on the same paranoid logic that alot of mafia members apparently have, as evidenced by paranormal 6's dopp chat. If you were in fact a townie that thought I was mafia, I think you'd have taken advantage of trying to make me think wrong about my decision to vote for you, get me to unvote/vote for someone else you, THEN block me!

But please, tell me, why is Janus town? He's the second most suspicious person on my list of suspicious people! What very clear evidence am I missing that would lead us to such different conclusions?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2009, 02:29:31 pm »

It would appear basic logic is something that amazes and confuses you Zai, because a 5 v. 5 tie would result in a mafia win, because that would result in a no-lynch, and thus a free kill for mafia.

That's not what I said. Twisting my words (or selectively choosing some) just further proves that you're scum. What I said:

For us to get one more than you, all townies have to vote for scum (you, as you're the most obvious), and I have to block a scum.

This means that I had to block a Mafia member so that we (the town) would have 1 more vote (so that it would be 4 to 5), in case you can't understand simple English. Simple. As. That.

There's no point in trying to convince you that you're wrong, Josh. That would be futile and a waste of time, as you won't change your vote. Instead, I'm trying to convince EVERYONE ELSE that you're wrong.

Also. Why the hell would I use a Mafia member's list of "suspicious people" to determine who's scum? That doesn't even make sense. Janus has tried to be (and has been) quite helpful to the town (making lists and whatnot), unlike some most people. You (scum) supposedly "believe" he's scum. This just makes me believe he's town even more. In case you can't catch the reason for that (or are purposefully saying there is none, like right now), I'll spell it out for you: If scum says someone else is scum, it's likely that the second person isn't scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2009, 02:30:05 pm »

Problems that are likely to come up in any case:
- ToonyMan gets Kashyyk's vote.  If ToonyMan is scum and Kashyyk isn't, then the Mafia gets an extra vote.
- The vote has to be tied for Org's vote to count.

Question for Zai:
- Can you move your block?  Or once you've used it, it's stuck?

Question for webadict:
- What will happen with a tied vote?  No-lynch or everyone dies?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2009, 02:32:33 pm »

Problems that are likely to come up in any case:
- ToonyMan gets Kashyyk's vote.  If ToonyMan is scum and Kashyyk isn't, then the Mafia gets an extra vote.
- The vote has to be tied for Org's vote to count.

SHIT. I forgot about that. Though Org's vote not being counted is good if he's scum.

Question for Zai:
- Can you move your block?  Or once you've used it, it's stuck?

Eh, I 'unno. I'll ask Web.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 04, 2009, 02:45:05 pm »

It's day 3?  And I'm not dead!  Woo!  It's a record!

Vote Count

inaluct - JanusTwoface, chaoticjosh, Mephansteras, inaluct (6)
JanusTwoface - ToonyMan, Kashyyk (1)

Wait a minute.  Something is a little squirrely about this vote board.  Either ToonyMan's vote or Kashyyk's vote counted for inaluct instead of for me.  We know that Kashyyk is the Lovestruck Voter, so this has to be some sort of ability of ToonyMan's.  Looks somewhat suspicious (although I'm not opposed to votes moving off of me).

ToonyMan, care to share?

Oh, ahh, welll.....I think I have the unknown vote power.  Do I have to share it though!?

Back to present time.  I don't want Sir Josh to be scum.   :-X  I think he is though.  Blarg.  Whatever.

Vote Zai.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34