Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pikmin Series  (Read 1838 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Pikmin Series
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:11:24 pm »

Ah, Pikmin. One of my favorite gmae series. Especially the second game, which was a bit longer.

Discuss.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Pikmin Series
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 03:33:56 pm »

Hell yeah!

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 03:35:25 pm »

Back in my day yellow Pikimin used to throw bombs.

Not has have this fancy invulnerability to electricity!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 03:38:19 pm »

lol. I hated the last mission for the space part on Pikmin 1. But beat it on my 1st try.
And I got all 30 Parts with 3 days or so left

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »

I've never beaten the first game. I've gotten close, though. Also, Pikmin 2 was too easy, I usually played up to getting the key from the spider so I can have challenge mode.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 03:45:46 pm »

I am a few treasures away from beating Pikmin 2.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 04:16:56 pm »

I wonder if I can get an emulator for it....

Pikmin was just one of those great original games, with an original idea that didn't go flop. Probably one of my all-time favorites.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 04:45:34 pm »

I came SO CLOSE to beating the first Pikmin game, when my friend's little brother destroyed my save... the ONE SAVE I told him NOT to play on... Grrrrrr...

Oh, the second one was fun too, especially because your pikmin weren't walk-into-a-monster retarded, but I liked the first one's urgency.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 05:00:05 pm »

The first one was easy. After the first time through, I got every part save the last one in about 15 days. Then I spent the next ten days make a thousand of each pikman. It was a slaughter.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »

I've got both games lying around here somewhere...   I didn't get too far in the original, my dad was actually the one who played that the most.  I never understood how they expected you to collect thirty parts in as many days.

I "beat" Pikmin 2, to the point of collecting enough treasures to pay off the debt.  Haven't "truly" beaten it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:27:35 pm »

Once you get good, you can get all the parts in under 15 days. I think the record is like 8, but I'm not sure.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 07:35:54 pm »

You actually only need 25 IIRC. If thats right, you dont have to beat the last level. :V

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 07:43:55 pm »

depends on the parts, there are some you don't need, but you do need important things, like the engine.

also, isnt there a Pikmin 3 coming out soon?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 07:48:04 pm »

Sometime. I cant wait.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 07:53:36 pm »

To get the true ending, you need all 30 parts. That's what sets up Pikmin 2. A bunch of greedy capitalists going back to the planet to steal its treasures.
Pages: [1] 2