Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] Encrust jobs in Jeweller's Workshop queue promoted unexpectedly  (Read 406 times)

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If a Jeweller's Workshop queue contains a list of repeating cut jobs followed by a list of repeating encrust jobs, the encrust jobs will often be promoted further up the queue for no discernible reason.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've done lists of repeat jobs before with smelters and different ores. I've found that they cycle through the jobs. They do the one on top, cycle it to the back of the line, do the next one, when that is finished, cycle it to the back of the line, and so on.

It seems to be normal, and actually makes sense. When you don't have them on repeat, they basically say, 'okay, that's done, remove from queque, on to the next one'. However, when it says repeat, they go, 'I'm doing this some more, but I just finished this job and need to do the next one.', so then, they put it in the line. It's just how a queque works.

Unless you mean that they get scrambled out of order, like you had 1111100000 but it ends up as 1100111001.