Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My dwarf keeps killing things and just throwing the bodies near the wagons.  (Read 451 times)

Keevu

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather be with trees.
    • View Profile

I want him to somehow store the food in barrels if it is possible. How would I go about doing this? Because hes bringing way too much food and most  of it just rots.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

You need to create a food stockpile. (p-f) if I recall correctly.  You'll want it fairly large.  Your dwarves will take all the food from the wagon and put it there, in barrels if available.

It sounds like you have a hunter as well.  The corpses he brings need to be processed at a butchery to be made into food, they can't be eaten raw.  Once you have one the hunter will dump the bodies off at the butchery, which if underground can create miasma (really bad smell that dwarves dislike) so you will probably want a refuse stockpile (p-r) as well aboveground.  The bodies will still be taken to the butchery, but if you have a dwarf with free time it will be transported to the refuse stockpile until your butcher can get to it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:39:17 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Keevu

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather be with trees.
    • View Profile

Thank you I had none of those things. I will try and get my dwarves back on there feet thety are dying. =(

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile

Read the wiki on "stockpile" and "zone".  Maybe on "food", too, and any other link that grabs your eye.

Maybe first read thru "your first fortress" - that might be a better place to start.