Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d13 errors on mac  (Read 735 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
40d13 errors on mac
« on: July 16, 2009, 08:17:55 pm »

Im using it on a mac and I've found a few issues to do with keybinding.

It rarely accepts my new keybinds, although it has the registered as existing in the keybinding menu it refuses to accept them when playing.

Loads of the keybindings are weird and completely unhelpful, I don't know why the defaults are different to vanilla 40d. Altering them seems not to work a lot.

The screen is weird and squished and I can't change it. It just.. looks weird

I tried importing a 40d save over and it caused 40d13 to crash and become unplayable.

You've got DF.exe in the mac download...

segmentation fault, though no biggy, I'm used to seg faults happening with new tech.

sorry if any of these are covered. I'm tired from playing too much of this stupidly addictive game. I have to get out more or I'll end up getting my laptop grafted onto my chest so I can run DF on my own unused brainspace.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: 40d13 errors on mac
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:53:24 pm »

I'm running 40d13 on a macbook and its been working fine, except for the already reported text jumbling and mouse bugs.

The DF.exe is totally normal.
This may be obvious but  in regards to the screen being squished  have you messed around with the init settings? The screen calculator  is damn useful for that
 Don't forget to turn Graphics on.

Key binding is also working for me. Again this my be to obvious to mention but be sure to delete both original bindings when rebinding a key and save them.
Spergs 4 life.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: 40d13 errors on mac
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »

yep all covered. Strangely I haven't had any of the text jumbling or mouse issues, only these ones. Since the default bindings are weird by default it may be that the inits are screwed up by default. I'll have a look into it.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.