Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Another D&D game  (Read 6932 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Another D&D game
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 11:47:18 am »

You notice that you are in Jhess. An island region in Bant. In the orchard you notice a humanlike shadow

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 11:49:46 am »

Magic
Read magic
Read magic
Detect Magic

Doom
Doom

I take a Spot and Search check by trying to look for the human/whatever person

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 11:56:16 am »

"Hey, where are you going?"

I'll follow the cleric, grabbing some fruit on the way.

((Cleric starts with (2+int modifier)x4 skill points at level 1.))

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 11:56:56 am »

YES
(2-1)x4=4

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 11:58:22 am »

I'll follow him as well.
Shoes...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 11:59:53 am »

Oops, sorry. I really should have checked your int first. I thought it was higher for some reason.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »

Org:You encounter a commoner working with plants here. He cuts some branches. Inspects wheter fruit is good enough to eat, and then finnally picks up his sickle, and spots Org. He doesn't seem afraid and he doesn't show any hostility he just thinks it's just another cleric. Although he'a a little bit surprised (Knowledge - religion check). It seems that you lack something. 

Cthulhu: The commoner is even more surprised, apparently you also miss something. You start to wonder if he considers your party as a spy group or soldiers of some sort

Nirur Torir: You grab a fruit that looks like a big, hairy apple. It smells like honey. When you arrive at the glade the commoners facial expression shows confusion. Probably he expected another armored man.

The commoner looks like he want's to say something, but he stops as it's probably a bad idea to talk
to strangers. He looks like he's about to run away

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 03:29:14 pm »

"Stop! Pelor commands it!"
Brandish Silver Cleric Thing

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 03:35:24 pm »

((Org, please don't say anything. I'm better at lying talking my way through potentially harmful situations then you are. Bluff time, we may or may not be planning to kill anything.))

"Greetings, good farmer. Please do not be alarmed. We're here from abroad, and heard you have a probelm with a certain malignant group. We're here to deal with them, but we're low on supplies and slightly lost. Please direct us towards the nearest town or city."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:39:55 pm by Nirur Torir »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 03:41:48 pm »

Pe-lor? I never heard of a angel called Pelor.

Org:(Knowledge - religion check) Now you remember what the seer said. Bant is a caste society. Lower castes serve those that are higher in hierarchy. Highest caste is Angel. Apparently that is all religion there is on Bant.

The commoner continiues to speak.
My mother taught me about every angel there is on Jhess and Valeron. Pelor isn't from around here, yes?  He looks relieved. Now I at least know you aren't spies from Valeron. We're at constant war with them. I saw you at the beach. I'm sorry for your loss. (You think: Wait, what loss?) Come to my house. My wife will cook something good for you.

Weird. People of Bant seem like children. So trusting and honest.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:44:37 pm by Rooster »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 04:02:52 pm »

"Thank you, a good meal would be most helpful. What else you can tell us of your people's war with Valeron? The first step for us is almost always to gather as much information as we can from the locals."

((We should seek a way to end the war peacefully. We're good, after all.))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:04:47 pm by Nirur Torir »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 04:12:18 pm »

"Yes. Thank you. What is your name?"

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 04:23:55 pm »

As you walk about a kilometer to the village he said
My name is Revo. You never know what Blessed have in mind we're just simple mortars. Usually we have one big battle once a year with Valeron. It is a chance for knights to prove their worth and honor. But every now and then their ships sails appear on the horison and we fight. Nearby islands also are a good place to hide for the filthy Unbeholden. The law-breakers. Therefore Aven bandits have raids every now and then. People here always welcome those that agree to get rid of Unbeholden.

Finally you arrive at a small home build entirely of wood. In the place of windows are just holes as rains here are always pleasant and this way the breeze can find its way into this home. You meet Revo's wife. She's like those islands. In her mid fifthies, yet she has soft,pale skin. And blonde, almost silvery hair. She strongly smells like sea. She wear just as her husband simple white clothes.
I'm Gella. Pleased to meet you She speaks to her husband for a while and then speaks again I see. Everyone that is law abiding is always welcome here. Keep that in mind.

Revo invites you to the table. A couplbe of minutes later, you are served cold fish and fruit

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:36 pm »

I eat the meal.

"Thank you for the food. It's been a while since I've had fish, and the fruit here is quite unlike the fruit I'm used to eating. Any information you are able to provide about the Unbeholden would be useful in our endeavors to fight them."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 07:05:17 pm »

Nom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7