Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22915 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: The RTD-helper program with MOAR EDITZ
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2009, 12:27:12 pm »

...No. It makes me angry.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2009, 03:08:20 pm »

...? What exactly?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 10:54:30 pm »

may I tinker with the source?
...assuming I still have the computer with my bootleg copy of vb6 on it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 01:52:42 pm »

I'm telling on you!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2009, 02:34:02 pm »

I'm telling on you!
I know you watched illegal youtube videos last night.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2009, 04:25:04 pm »

I live! Still! Yay!

So umm, last weekend, I went to Edmonton (roughly 500km away from my hometown of Saskatoon) for my relatives' 60th birthday bash... and then I got home Sunday night too tired to bother making phone calls and scheduling appointments for today, so it's programing day. Whee fun.

It occurs to me that when I uploaded the program and made a couple updates last time I had a programming day, I forgot to change the OP. This must be fixed, and it's first thing on my to-do list for today.

Second thing is your bug with picking the NPCs. I thought I had that all sorted out for the release, but apparently not. Bleh. Then I'm going to fix the bug with creating no-name NPCs.

And thank you all very much for the bug reports, that probably sounds sarcastic but it's not. I really do want to make this thing work properly. And it's good practice for university, which I start Wednesday next week (which is SWEET).

EDIT: So after 2 minutes of bug fixing, I deleted a -1 and moved an IF statement around. So now the "No-name NPC" bug and the "crash when you select an NPC if you only have NPCs" bug are both fixed.

EDIT2: Another few minutes of programming, and now the France bug is fixed. You know, the one where if you only have locations, you can't edit the first one? I had forgotten an equals sign in my code. Oops. Plus I can't find any of your body error bugs with the NPCs, I'm able to cancel out of that screen just fine, and I can make custom body sets... And the slight difference between the location of "not injured" when one hits print is actually irrelevant, it will make the exact same spoiler if there's a space after the spoiler tag or not. Observe.

Spoiler: Watch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Keep watching (click to show/hide)

But I suppose if it bugs you Sephiroth, I can fix it. Huzzah! I got through the bug master's bug report!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:50:50 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1 released!
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 08:30:51 am »

(Gets up at 6:40 next morning... for no good reason...) "Huh. Suddenly I have bugs again. What gives?"

Basically, I released version 1.1 with fixes for the bug reports that you guys thoughtfully provided, and... now I find bugs again. The regenerate feature doesn't seem to work, and it forgot that my little testing NPC has a body. Must... Fix...

EDIT: wait nevermind, I had an ID10T error on the regenerate thing... I wanted to check if regenerate works, so I gave a Player full damage on every body part... they didn't regenerate because I'd said they were removed from his body. Heh...

EDIT2: Okay I got this figured out. With the 1.1 release, I made a bug fix so that if you had 0 Players, it would still work when you selected an NPC. Unfortunately, the way I fixed it before, it wouldn't work if you tried to select an NPC when you DID have players. So I fixed that, you are now able to select an NPC regardless of how many Players you do or do not have. So... I guess I'll upload it again with this extra little bug 'fix', and call this version 1.1.3. Get it here.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:47:39 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 07:12:47 pm »

call this version 1.1.3. Get it here.
Down that path lies an unspeakable evil.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 10:08:46 pm »

call this version 1.1.3. Get it here.
Down that path lies an unspeakable evil.

hweh? Issplain plz?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.3 released!
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 04:07:31 am »

It is version 1.1.3

Good news, you do fix bugs.
NPCs can now get cancelled properly, I can select things properly when I have no players.  No new bugs so far. The one thing that would be awesome if you did, would be if you put in an ability to remove entries.

I can also confirm that .txt files made with the first release work perfectly with this one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 09:26:38 am »

Oh yeah, I suppose I should have pointed that out at some point. Since I didn't change anything about the Characters, NPCs, or locations in the class library (only changes were basically how they're displayed), your old saves will work fine with the newest release.

This is the basic reason why saves for some versions of DF are compatible and other's aren't. Whenever Toady changes the length of a save file, or what kind of parameters critters have, the new version will ask for values the previous ones didn't have.

Umm, I'll try and explain that again. Say you're playing the first 3D version of DF and you try to load a save from the 2D version. The game will look through the save file, trying to find "Hey what rock is on the second-from-bottom level?" and come up with the answer "Well I DON'T FLAMING KNOW!" And then crash when it tries to load the word 'FIIK' as a number.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:52 am »

Oh yeah, I suppose I should have pointed that out at some point. Since I didn't change anything about the Characters, NPCs, or locations in the class library (only changes were basically how they're displayed), your old saves will work fine with the newest release.

This is the basic reason why saves for some versions of DF are compatible and other's aren't. Whenever Toady changes the length of a save file, or what kind of parameters critters have, the new version will ask for values the previous ones didn't have.

Umm, I'll try and explain that again. Say you're playing the first 3D version of DF and you try to load a save from the 2D version. The game will look through the save file, trying to find "Hey what rock is on the second-from-bottom level?" and come up with the answer "Well I DON'T FLAMING KNOW!" And then crash when it tries to load the word 'FIIK' as a number.
chill, lolz.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 01:43:47 pm »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 03:40:48 pm »

Aol. vers. 1.3.2.2.1.00001.1232.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2009, 07:36:20 am »

Engaging lurk mode!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16