Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22903 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: The Roll-To-Dodge-inator needs a name!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 05:53:00 pm »

Yea. I haven't picked it yet, purely because one of my creations is on that list.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 06:12:02 pm »

Hey you're not supposed to take my suggestions seriously.

After all, nobody else every takes ANYTHING I say seriously.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 12:49:44 am »

I don't really understand the wordplay of Cinnamon Rolls, other than the fact it has "rolls" in it. Maybe me being russian has something to do with it?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 03:47:21 pm »

do they have cinnamon rolls/buns in russia?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 03:57:45 pm »

I don't think so, not if cinnamon means what I think it means. I wonder, does Wikipedia have an entry for cinnamon rolls?
(and what do you know, indeed it does. And no, no "cinnamon" rolls here that I know of. We may have some other varieties, but no cinnamon, at least I never heard them referenced as such.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 04:06:23 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 03:59:15 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_rolls
and when do you plan on putting this up for download? i'd like to make a RTD of my own to test it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:59:08 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 01:00:26 am »

Ah crap, clicked RoToDodger before I even noticed Cinnamon Rolls, so read that as -1 RoToDodger and +1 Cinnamon Rolls =P

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 04:17:14 pm »

IT WORKS!!! Hza!

At least, I'm pretty sure it works. Roughly 92% sure. I am now going to do a turn in my RTD game just to be sure, and then... mwehehe... Yessss... Anyway, after I'm sure it works, I just have to make myself a webpage or two on my own personal webspace (courtesy of using Shaw Cable for my internet connection, apparently; they give each of my family members' accounts 20MB of free internet space) and then I can upload Cinnamon Rolls and you guys can all download it and try it out.

(yes, of course it'll be for free. Although if enough people were interested in donating to me, I could set up a Paypal account or something and get one of those donate buttons on my page... and then I'd put even more effort in continuing work on this program and maybe a couple others...)

EDIT: I found a bug. It's trying to save Inaluct's items to Muwahahaha's inventory. Must... fix...

EDIT ^2: I fixed the bug. The print command would go through all of the characters, npcs, and locations you have in the files... and then it would forget to select whoever you were dealing with again. So since Muwahahaha is on the end of the list, if I was editing someone else's stuff and hit print to make sure it was working right, any further changes I made would be saved to Muwahahaha. Which meant he ended up with half of Katsuun's skills for a while there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:06:34 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 08:01:06 am »

THIS IS SO AMAZING. I think I'm going to have to go cry.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:23 am »

Shoruke, will you mind if I take a stab at this concept? I have this whole ModBase thing written in VB, that can process large amounts of sorted text and output it into whatever format you want. I just don't want to steal your thunder, and don't want to work on something I won't release.

(I know I should be working on Fort Knox, but I it's a project of tremendous scale and I can't get myself to work on it lately.)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 12:42:45 pm »

Well, once I 'release' the program, I guess I could make another .zip folder with the open source code and you could make some modifications yourself. My 'legal shtick' thing is going to be something like "Go ahead, change it, use it, just don't make any money off of it and make sure you include my name".

So, sure go ahead. Incidentally, I might like to see your code for ModBase.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 12:59:21 pm »

The code for ModBase (well, a reasonably up-to-date version of it, anyway) is still available on DFFD. Now that I look at all this stuff, maybe using Modbase code will be overkill (it goes to great lengths as far as analyzing custom contents goes), so I'll just rip some vital parts of it out and use them in my program. The name of my program is "Roll Master Ufogu", with "Ufogu" itself meaning Universal Forum Gaming Utility.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: The RTD-helper program
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 12:20:50 pm »

I did a turn in my RTD using Cinnamon Rolls. I noticed that it still took a while to do the regeneration rolls at the end of the turn. So now the program does that for me automatically. It also even automatically updates people's health when it does the regeneration rolls.

So it has healed several of the people in my RTD game, and I will now have to re-enter their health into my program again. Actually, I noticed that the amount of space I allotted for certain character variables were rather short anyway, so I'll just fix that... now I have to enter EVERYTHING about my characters again. But all in the name of science easy RTD-ing. And I'm also going to add a yes/no checkbox to enable or disable regeneration when you click print.

Since I'm going to be changing the size of the player variable anyway, I might as well take this opportunity to give items a plural-ness name. Then the program will say that you have "A set of Clothes" instead of "A Clothes". Also I might add something to make it say "A stack of 6 rocks" instead of "A stack of 6 rock." Must... add... esses... except to items that already end in S, so I guess I have to brush up on my parsing.

EDIT: The regeneration rolls can now be turned on or off with a simple click of a checkbox. It was easy, I only needed to put the checkbox on the form, tab some code in, and add two 'if' blocks. If only all programming were that easy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:51:45 pm by shoruke »

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: The RTD-helper program with MOAR EDITZ
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 05:06:06 pm »

I can only say this: DO WANT.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: The RTD-helper program with MOAR EDITZ
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 07:23:59 pm »

I believe you misunderstood the severity of my DO WANT.

In other words, status update, and if it is relatively bug-free, download please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16