Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22892 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2010, 11:47:38 pm »

You could make viruses that are very quiet, stay on the network doing nothing for 10 years or so, spreading throughout every computer, checking a certain server to update themselves for new antivirus software or new CPUs or whatnot, and finally, in the year 2020, activate and bombard every computer with ceaseless your mom jokes.

I could just cry... I started tearing up from nearly laughing my ass off at that, but it might turn into full-blown crying pretty quick here. Anyway...

I have decided that, for simplicity's sake, you are going to be able to give items and skills to yourself. This should have useful applications in copying... not so much in transferring. But the logic for making a list of people you can give stuff to becomes quite convoluted when you have to exclude one very specific entry from two possible data sets, and since it's now 10:40 at night, I don't feel like doing that just now.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2010, 01:10:02 am »

I don't feel like doing your mom just now, hurr hurr.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2010, 01:33:05 am »

I don't feel like doing your mom just now, hurr hurr.

Um, good.

As for actual programming news, the give/copy stuff buttons are almost done, just need to implement skills (it'll take like 5 mins, it's a copy/paste and some replacing) and then that bit's done with. After that it's just fix the delete bug(s?) and make the print button do something and then I can release for open alpha on Cinnamon Rolls v2.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2010, 01:56:04 am »

Excellent! This is a huge thing for GM's and a very generous project.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2010, 04:07:25 am »

I wonder how difficult it would be to livestream a programming session, it would give me something to look at while playing D&D...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2010, 01:13:04 pm »

Copying and giving items now works, but there is currently a "item duplication trick" as seen in many video games, but mine is ludicrously easy to exploit: actually, "giving" someone an item means that both of you suddenly have that item. Thankfully the bug isn't something stupid like giving someone an item causes them to have maximum damage on all body parts or something...

I wonder how difficult it would be to livestream a programming session, it would give me something to look at while playing D&D...

I've no idea how hard it would be; the problem is I would have to take time out of D&D/programming to learn how to make it happen.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2010, 01:14:13 pm »

The open alpha will be up tomorrow? (Please note that I'me GMT)
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2010, 01:15:36 pm »

I don't think the trick is a problem. It's not like the players can use it, after all, only the GM.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2010, 01:30:58 pm »

FEEXED

So it was working pretty much perfectly. Copy the item into the new person's inventory, and if you're "giving" it, delete it from your own. That part was perfect.

The problem was that the program would then save, and say "Okay you're working with this item and this person, so I'll save the item into that person's inventory." But I fixed that by telling it "you are no longer working with a specific item".

The open alpha will be up tomorrow? (Please note that I'm GMT)

Umm... yes. Possibly very late today, since for you I guess it's already like 6:30 PM or something. Implement print button, fix people deletion, release.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:42 pm »

Awesome. I've been anticipating this for a while.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »

I've got the print button working, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately I have unearthed a bug in the handling of the names of peoples' body parts, and I still have to fix the deletion bug. Other than that, stuff is going relatively well.

P.S. I changed the vote thing at the top of the page, everyone go make your voice heard, because 100% of 1 person voted to leave the PC <-> NPC button to next release, and I'm not sure that reflects the actual popular consensus.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2010, 04:09:06 pm »

That was me.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2010, 04:29:22 pm »

So I'm trying to deal with the bug about how it was handling body parts, right? So I fixed that, and now I'm basically making every kind of thing I can (people, NPCs, places, and everything has items, everyone has skills) to test out the print button before I get back to that f***ing delete bug, and now (this is going to sound really out-of-context) FRANCE IS MULTIPLYING.

(I named my testing location "France" because when the last version was released, someone ELSE called their location "France". And ever since then my testing locations are called "France", "Yurmany", and "Checkslovakia".)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2010, 05:01:02 pm »

Quick everyone! this may be your last chance to get original recipe rolls!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »

Okay, here's a pre-release. It's not a real release because I still haven't figured out the deletion issue, but the program works well enough for you to use it, I think, and if anyone feels like being a helpful person you can help me pin down this deletion bug.

Download from the usual spot, it's in my sig and everything.

(Bug reports are much appreciated, forum-san)

EDIT: at RAM's behest (in our D&D game), I updated the die roller a little bit. It'll now track what kind of dice you're throwing, and calculate your total for you.

EDIT2: apparently I'd forgotten to actually make "New Body Part" work. But that works now. Also I fixed another bug RAM found about changing locations' names.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:09:40 pm by shoruke »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16