Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22888 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2010, 11:30:53 am »

I sense peer pressure. FIEN, I shall do some programming this morning while I wait for all the corporations to wake up, GOSH.

-the "add item" button now adds the items to the list immediately; apparently there was a bug there before. Oops.
-the descriptive text for items, skills, and body parts is now working. I currently have a widgit, which is described as "it's a widgit".

Next on the menu is... deletion I believe. Thankfully I have all the necessary keywords for that stored in the previous version  ;D

EDIT: I churned out all the code out for the "delete stuff" button. It will delete stuff... but it's the wrong stuff, it's off by one place. *sigh*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:47:32 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2010, 10:00:00 pm »

Heh, those crazy bugs, what will they come up with next...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2010, 02:10:50 pm »

Okay, I fixed the deletion bug. Now we can de-1337 items. Moar updaytz coming soonish...

EDIT: I am now working on a "sample output" label. That should make it easier to track what's going to be outputted when you are modifying skills' experience. In the next version after this one, I'll let you modify when skills get their level ups, customize your own damage levels... in the meantime, for ease of programming, your stuck with my system. Apologies. Also the next version is going to allow you to customize the plural names for your items, instead of having to just go with "a stack of X objects".
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:28:19 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2010, 02:38:57 pm »

Yaaay.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2010, 03:04:56 pm »

Update: I'd say I'm on schedule, if not ahead of it. Here's what's left...

-Change character's/NPC's/Location name (easy)
-delete character/NPC/location (medium-easy)
-Give object (lets you delete an item/skill from someone's inventory and give it to someone else; moderate)
-copy object (gives a copy of an item/skill to someone else; medium-easy)
-the print button (should involve a lot of copy-pasting from the sample output box I just made, so easy)
-I'm thinking of making the autoload feature run when you start the program, instead of when you click 'load'; might be a time-saver for those who only have 1 RTD. Post any thoughts on this here, as usual
-Are we going to need a "convert PC to NPC" button, and vice-versa?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2010, 03:37:55 pm »

...Doubtful...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »

Shouldn't PCs and NPCs really be basically the same?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2010, 08:33:55 pm »

...Doubtful...

Which part?

Yes, they use the same data class. The PC <-> NPC button would just be to take someone from one list and put them in the other, in case someone drops out from a game or something. It's basically for organizational purposes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2010, 10:56:43 pm »

...Doubtful...

Which part?

Yes, they use the same data class. The PC <-> NPC button would just be to take someone from one list and put them in the other, in case someone drops out from a game or something. It's basically for organizational purposes.
Do it. It's an easy way to add/remove someone into the game, too.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2010, 03:37:00 am »

I must say that putting someone into the shoes of a long-standing villain would have to be good for a laugh...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2010, 06:41:23 pm »

PROGRAMMING THYME

I did the rename buttons (apparently I'd taken a shot at them before the PC & NPC merge; I'm surprised it hadn't given me a compiler error about this yet) and did the delete buttons. And the delete person button is buggy as... oh hell I can't even think up a decent metaphor for how buggy it is.

And what's worse is I can't write up an adequate description of the bug because it keeps changing every time I test it! I tried to write this paragraph four times about how the bug is misbehaving and each time I had to rewrite the whole paragraph! The bugs are reproducing and evolving simultaneously! Soon they will be unstoppable! Run, save yourselves before they turn into WAR BEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

*huff* sillyness and memes aside... apparently when I copied that piece of code from the "delete items" button, I forgot to change "item" to "person" in two places. Oops. It was looking for items in the person list. Anyway, I will be back to deleting people and places after I eat supper. Nom.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »

You appear to have a Heisenbug.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:49 pm »

These bugs sounds great, maybe you could focus on them and start exporting!
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2010, 11:10:58 pm »

These bugs sounds great, maybe you could focus on them and start exporting!

You mean, write viruses?  I'd probably have to go do volunteer work in Haiti for the rest of my life to make it up to myself :P Anyway, back to actual programming stuff...

I'm taking a break from the deletion stuff because I have NO idea how it is converting PCs into NPCs without putting them in the new list, I don't see how it's managing to delete people from the wrong index, just... blar. So I'm working on the copying items code.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2010, 11:17:50 pm »

You could make viruses that are very quiet, stay on the network doing nothing for 10 years or so, spreading throughout every computer, checking a certain server to update themselves for new antivirus software or new CPUs or whatnot, and finally, in the year 2020, activate and bombard every computer with ceaseless your mom jokes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16