Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22908 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:08 pm »

I agree with RAM. If we put in features first, it'll be even more too long till the next one.
I said that. Not RAM.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:45 pm »

I may have been unclear - I want to do the overhaul first. If we do the overhaul now, it will take a while to get an update; but if we do the overhaul after the update, it'll take even longer to get the next update after that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2010, 02:27:57 am »

Of course, housekeeping tends to be boring, and features tend to be fun. So by forcing Shoruke to finish the overhaul first we may cause Shoruke to curse the day that the hideous beast emerged from the depths...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2010, 11:08:34 am »

That's true. I am wracked with indecision!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2010, 12:40:04 pm »

Well Cheddarius, you may then rejoice in that you have... uh, roughly 2.5 days to make your decision, since today I have to study for a physics midterm, tomorrow I have to write the physics midterm (at 7:00 PM, sadistic f***ing professor), and then on Friday I have a physics tutorial which will keep me at University until late into the day.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2010, 07:10:18 pm »

Whoa! I think you should do the memory rewrite first, as I'm not using CR at the moment (the only game that uses it is waiting for players to post, and I can just do it manually anyhow). However, if you've got stuff to do, I'd much rather you work on your homework or do things in advance and not procrastinate with CinnamonRolls. Your life is much more important than our convenience.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2010, 11:32:06 pm »

Okay, sorry about being a couple days later than I said I would be about starting on this stuff... I have started on the memory overhaul. I didn't do a whole helluva lot to it just yet, but I got a start and I know what it should eventually look like, I think.

My program is now an absolute mess. Less than a quarter of it works. To do even the tiniest bit of testing on the new memory style required 6 impromptu bug fixes, which were thankfully trivial. The memory overhaul seems to be pretty easy so far, though; just change a bunch of filepaths, add a bunch of new .txt files to all the "make a new widgit" buttons... currently the biggest problem I face is, "where the farque do I put the "give this place a new item" button. And the "delete this item" button, and the "give this item to someone else" button. And maybe I'll need a "grow this mofo a new limb" button. And a "this guy taught this other guy this one skill that he knows" button.

Button kersplosion!

(Also did I mention I get this week off? Mario Kart, Mabinogi, D&D, and Cinnamon Rolls week, it is.)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2010, 12:25:52 am »

The usual approach to buttonsplosion is menus, but most people should be able to figure out an 'edit' button easily enough. Especially if people can add tags to items and make their own functions to have tagged items interact. You could just invent a new operating system while you are at it...

It is really great to see this still steaming ahead, so many things seem to just sort of vanish around here. Good luck with your week off!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:04 pm »

Got some programming done today.

Man, this was WAY easier than I expected it would be. Yeesh. The program is currently back up to being able to do everything it could do before the overhaul, and some of it is even more efficient. Next programming day is going to be all about making the Item and Skill combo-boxes work (and the relevant buttons, I suppose), and it should be way easier now that I have a more graceful memory-handling style. Woohoo.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2010, 01:52:59 pm »

Awesome

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2010, 09:51:55 pm »

Most excellent.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2010, 04:50:37 pm »

Programming day again today. And I eventually remembered that everything is now small enough that I can store one of each data type as a global variable, which will make programming this thing easier AGAIN! Mwehehehe.

Man. I didn't realize until today just how much easier it's going to be now that I can store everything as a global variable. I basically went through the whole code today and changed everything from single-subroutine variables to the global ones. It's so much easier! Waaaahahaha!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:42:53 pm by shoruke »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2010, 11:20:24 pm »

Use pointers!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2010, 12:27:17 pm »

Blar, pointers. Sure, global variables are way less secure but frankly, if you gave someone a reason to hack your Cinnamon Rolls data, you probably deserved it... And from a coding perspective, it's way easier for me to just say curPlayer for everything instead of having to figure out where my data is, which number I need, open the damn file, yadda yadda...

Also, today is probably a programming day during D&D.

EDIT: huh, no D&D today. LAYM. Oh well, I guess today is Shrodinger's programming day.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:28:50 pm by shoruke »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2010, 08:32:14 pm »

You may or may not be progrmming, but no results will emerge until someone hacks your data?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16