Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22921 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.4 has a delete button!
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2009, 11:22:09 pm »

I would tend to skip the graphics and stick to numbers. It would seem better if the results could be directly inserted into an output document...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2009, 09:23:43 am »

And now it's looking more like multiple saves is up first  :-X

The good news is that shouldn't be too hard... hell, depending on how mong my physics homework takes, I might get a start on that today.

Or maybe if more people voted  (;)) then we would have a clearer idea of which feature is more popular just now...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2009, 01:14:13 pm »

Yay, a delete button. Now I shall give it another go.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2009, 04:52:45 pm »

Autocombat FOR THE WIN.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2009, 04:57:28 pm »

A d6 roller would be cool. If you can do that, then I might even start another RtD, as it breaks my random.org dependency, and it already deals with a status output.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2009, 12:14:07 pm »

I had a one-hour programming session today (it would have been 1.5 hours, but I had to read a short story before English), and I just as I opened CinnamonRolls.vbp, I noticed: the sample output box! Oops, I forgot to make that work.

It's close to working, I just need to redo the items part of it because I was really lazy about it. I thought it was weird that I managed to do the items clause in 7 lines of code... anyway, yeah there's gonna be a new release with a working sample output box next time I get a programming session in.

The output box is gonna be most useful for skills, because if you have to translate Master Axedwarf into a number of experience points, it can get quite tedious having to hit print and go find it each time. Now it should pretty much update dynamically.

And... I NEED MOAR VOTEZ! I still can't tell if the forum in general wishes me to allow for multiple save games or start defining item entity types, it seems to switch every couple days and they're never more than 2 votes apart...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2009, 01:07:01 pm »

I still have a vote, as I haven't voted on the roller yet.

But all options sound good to me. Multiple saves wold be for people running multiple games? And what would autocombat be? Telling the program 'let this boy fight that npc' and the program rolls and uses the right skills and bonuses?
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2009, 03:17:42 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Of course to pull that off, I'd have to make it so that the program can recognize what equipment and what skills do what...

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2009, 04:11:48 pm »

And to need several different attacks per weapon, or "+1 against undead" or...
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:17 pm »

you could always have the GM put in the variables themselves, and then write in a more expanded program later.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2009, 12:15:25 pm »

Today, during my (apparently cancelled due to midterms being later today) math tutorial, I went to the library, read my required poetry for English, and googled Roll To Dodge to see if non-bay12 RTDs are any good. The first hit led my to an actually rather funny RTD game, with a link to the Wikipedia page on Moto. That page had a link to LOLcats. And the wiki page for lolcats had a link to the wiki page for, oh my god, the funniest programming-related thing ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOLCODE

I felt I just HAD to put that on Bay12 somewheres.

In other news, the sample box is done! Now it will dynamically update the line it will display as you are changing someone's/someplace's health, skills, items, or where the place is connected to. So it'll be a little bit less confusing.

And yes, V1.1.5 is compatible with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4.

Now everyone vote for what I should do next! With the sample box done I'm out of time to stall for!

(oh yes the download is in the same place as always.)

EDIT: oh hey. Apparently during some release I got rid of the bit of code that causes a "subscript out of range" error when you try to type directly into the comboboxes. You CAN do it now, and it won't crash, but it won't do anything else either. You need to use the appropriate textbox to change the names of your items or skills.

EDIT EDIT: OMIGOD U GUYZ! I finished the die/dice roller! And it was short! Okay I got sick of studying for my math midterm later tonight so I went "Screw it I'll do some programming" and whipped out my laptop and did some programming on the die roller 'cause I figured it wouldn't be too hard and anyway if you dis-include my vote and include Vlynndar's not-yet vote the dX roller is winning the polls, and now I'm done! Seriously it only took me like an hour and now I'm super excited and hyper and all like "whoa how the f***paste did I do that?!?" (not out loud because I'm at the library) but anyway it's done and version compatible.

*deep breath*

Okay. You enter how many dice to throw (default is 1) and how how many sided dice to throw (default 6) and hit the "Go!" button (unoriginial, I know, but I'm open to suggestions on that point... "Roll!" just didn't look very nice in the vb6 default font) and then it will display the values. You can roll any number of dice from 1 to 12, and the dice can have any number of sides from 0 to... umm... well I went up to 45 zeros and it worked, so for the purpose of RTD's, let's just go with "arbitrarily large". If you put in a negative number it'll just take the absolute of it and it will handle rounding on its own, so don't be afraid of trying to roll -47832902.1237 sided dice if you REALLY want to.

Also, I'm resetting the polls for what I should do next, so all y'all vote again. (*ahem* Vlynndar)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:36:38 pm by shoruke »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

It's unanimous! Let's do multiple saves!

Poo. Now it isn't.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THINK OF THE AUTO-BATTLES. WON'T PLEASE SOMEONE THINK OF THE AUTO BATTLES!

Yeah I voted for the auto-battles.

EDIT: It can't take more than this many 9's.
Spoiler: Spoiler'd (click to show/hide)
It works with that many though.

To clarify, I was using 12dThat.
Sample result: 2.7716839313507E+259
Which also means 2.77168393135071x10^259
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:42:26 pm by major_sephiroth »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2009, 04:47:56 pm »

Yeah, I switched the data type for the number of sides from integer to double. It didn't used to be able to handle even 100,000 sided-dice; now you can roll a few Googleplex if you so choose =P

It was worth it just for that laugh.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2009, 04:52:57 pm »

I swear I am too god at making programs mess up. This isn't a major issue or anything, but when you delete something, you can still edit it. It doesn't do anything when you print it though. Makes for some funny stuff with locations. Make one, give it a connection, delete it, hit print, and the connection drop box is still visible. Not much else is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16