Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22887 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »

When I try to delete body parts, it says "Are you sure?", I click yes, then it doesn't delete them. Same with deleting characters.

I can't seem to add body parts - clicking the button doesn't do anything, even if I fill out the information before.

If you put too much damage into the body part health, it has an overflow error and closes.

I think this was mentioned, but if Bob gives John his Scepter Of Awesomeness, John in fact gets two Scepter of Awesomenesss.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:43:37 pm by Cheddarius »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2010, 07:38:32 pm »

Maybe it would be better if, instead of addition to body type templates, you had bodypart collections that could be added to the custom body, so you could have templates with just wings, or hands, or entrails, or complete lists of every bone in the body, and you could combine multiple small templates instead of using one big one...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »

Hrmmm, yes, that sounds like a good idea.

You could have a little instruction guide when you release, and say "Game Tip: Many GMs find it useful to create a Human NPC, with all humanoid body parts, and just copy schlim when they want to make a new character"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »

When I try to delete body parts, it says "Are you sure?", I click yes, then it doesn't delete them. Same with deleting characters.
Yeah I still haven't figured out how to delete people/NPCs yet, that's gonna have to wait 'till tomorrow I think (sorry guys). But I fixed the bit about deleting body parts.

I can't seem to add body parts - clicking the button doesn't do anything, even if I fill out the information before.
I think this is fixed, I put some edit's on the last post of page 14 on this thread, so you might not have the most recent version anymore...

.If you put too much damage into the body part health, it has an overflow error and closes.
That, I can't fix. Bill Gates, in his finite wisdom, decreed "integers shall not exceed 2^16" or whichever power of two, so if you try to make your damage level have OVER NINE THOUSAND DIGITS your computer will beak at you. Unless you are using a program which is very specifically designed to handle integers with 9000+ digits, which mine isn't.

I think this was mentioned, but if Bob gives John his Scepter Of Awesomeness, John in fact gets two Scepter of Awesomenesss.
I'm not getting this error at all, it just doesn't update Bob's item list unless you go click someplace else firs, tbut I will look at it again tomorrow morning. (for those of you who don't live in my timezone, that should be ~12 hours from this posting) And I will also man up and take another crack at the person deletion bug.

But for those of you who don't need to delete people on your first day of new version, happy release day!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:13 pm »

Yeah, the buffer overflow isn't really much of a problem. I was just testing everything.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2010, 11:07:07 pm »

Oh no, why did you have to go and say happy release day, now I remember that I was supposed to start an RTD on release day, meh, after lunch maybe... I think I could even get away with waiting for deleting, heh, since when did anyone use anything pre-beta! Oh, right...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2010, 11:40:10 am »

I believe I fixed the deletion bug. It was the stupidest little thing. Fucking -1's, left over from deleting items rasslefrassle.... anyway, go get the NEW new new new revised new version from my sig and see how it holds up now.

OPEN BETA HAS ARRIVED!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2010, 12:52:12 pm »

WOOOOOOOOO

Definitely going to use this for my dungeon crawl game.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2010, 06:25:07 pm »

(I named my testing location "France" because when the last version was released, someone ELSE called their location "France". And ever since then my testing locations are called "France", "Yurmany", and "Checkslovakia".)
Hahahaha, I contributed!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2010, 06:43:05 pm »

I fixed a bug with selecting people in Cinnamon Rolls. Also I implemented the Conversion buttons (PC to NPC, and vice versa), because as I was trying to fall asleep last night, my brain wandered for all of 8 seconds to Cinnamon Rolls, and I realized: "Hey that button is only gonna need like 8 lines of code". So now v2.1 is up. Download link is in my sig.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2010, 06:44:29 pm »

Awesome bro

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2010, 06:59:26 pm »

Yeah, I know right? Switching an item between two lists is easy peasy.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:11 pm »

It was even easier than switching them between the two lists. I just change the boolean flag (true means PC, false means NPC) for that person and called the PopulateLists() function.

Now if some noob quits your game you can just shunt him into the NPC list, and switch him back to the PC list if he comes back (and you're feeling nice).

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2010, 12:56:33 am »

oooooh, update, as good a time as any to throw in my list, just a few idea that occurred to me...

Can't get more than one line when inputting descriptions.
larger boxes for entering names.
Automatically record all dice rolls for posterity.
Have an overview section for descriptions and statuses that affect the whole entity.
Locations marked as being withn another location, the same could be applied to bodyparts and characters too I suppose.
Link characters to the location they are in, and they could be in more than one location at once...
Area to record overviews of previous turns.
Multiple types of damage, to track things like pain and bleeding and disability separately.
Or just multiple player-nameable numeric values to each item...
Include a non-functional save button for peace of mind.
Read the First Post!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2010, 10:44:02 am »

I should mention that sometimes, new characters start with other people's items-like Bob getting Will's Rapier. It's a bit annoying, but not urgent.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16