Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22896 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:50 pm »

You may or may not be progrmming, but no results will emerge until someone hacks your data?

As of yesterday, it may or may not be a programming day.
As of today, yesterday was not a programming day.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2010, 09:11:21 pm »

Oh well, looks like it is doing well regardless.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2010, 01:36:58 pm »

Did about 20 minutes worth of programming today. I got about half of the new implementation of the Save() subroutine done, then I got bored, so I just made an outline of all the "if" statements I'll need, and put some commented asterisks to indicate "HEY SHORUKE PUT SOME CODE HERE DAMMIT YOU LAZY RAT-BASTARD". Also I cleaned up some stuff that apparently missed the memo that I'm now using global variables.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »

Cool!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2010, 01:30:11 pm »

Hmm... I just thought of something. I'm extremely likely to finish off the Save() subroutine right now, but I've  been wondering about making player characters and NPCs basically the same thing. It'd make the logic for lots and lots of stuff way easier for me, and you'd be able to give your player characters extra limbs (via mutation, maybe they're a spider-person or someone is playing as a bird...)

Anyway wot u guys think about giving people spare limb-slots? I'll put up a voting poll.

EDIT: Yeah, I finished off the Save() subroutine, cleaned up some buttons that still hadn't got the memo about the global variables (apparently I need a new memo-distribution system  :P), and made a really easy-to-use PopulateLists() subroutine, so that whenever the people/place lists need refreshing, I call this one function. It was a fighter, though; I fought my way past about 6 ankhegs (those are bugs) before I got it to work properly. Silly numRecords function, only works for channel 1... But yeah that piece works now.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:02:22 pm by shoruke »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2010, 11:34:41 am »

Okay... my first year of University is almost over. I've got no more lectures, and no finals for a week. And I have resolved that, by Friday the 16th, the new version of Cinnamon Rolls shall be released!

Thus far I have gotten a start on the PC/NPC merge. Actually, I think I might have finished it. Whoa. Next is making items and skills happen.

EDIT: Also, you are now able to give yourself items and skills and connections. You can't do much with them yet, but their names will show up properly. I suppose you could change how many items you have, how much experience you have in a skill, or describe the items/skills, but that information won't get saved.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:37:49 pm by shoruke »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2010, 04:55:55 pm »

Awesome!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »

You speak as if the players deserve to keep their skills and items...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2010, 06:33:55 pm »

I'll admit that occasionally, a player comes along that does not in fact deserve to keep their skills and equipment. Fortunately for the non-trolls, we have GM's to decide who those people are. Unfortunately, this program is free to use, so I have no idea if your GM is sadistic, mean, a troll, or any other adjective that would cause him to lose your stuff when you don't deserve to. </ramble>

I got a bit of programming done today. Since items and skills now have their own .txt files, they now have their own reference numbers (but only because the combo boxes don't seem to be able to remember their .listIndex for more than one click). Currently I am engaged in hand-to-mandible combat with a bug, where if I select an item and try to save it, the changes go to a different item.

EDIT: Aha! I found the bug. Now I must simply squish it. Fear my global variables you ratbastard vermin!

EDIT2: FALCON SQUISH! Bug is gone; the program will now remember how many of an item you have.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:46:10 pm by shoruke »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »

I think it was a joke. >_>

Heh, "hand-to-mandible". Anyway, nice progress!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2010, 07:19:02 pm »

I know what RAM said was a joke, I just felt like saying how some GM's are trolls... No particular reason why... I mean, I'm not saying I know any GM's who are trolls, just that there theoretically might be.

Anyway I'm cleaning up how the interface handles clicking the item boxes. I'm actually having one of the function calls pass a value! It's almost shocking, me using good programming procedure in my program...

EDIT: MOAR UPDATEZ! I squished summoar bugs involving body part health. So you are now able to permanently hurt someone.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:52:50 pm by shoruke »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2010, 10:44:43 pm »

Sounds great, so how long before we get our grubby tendrils on a copy?
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2010, 11:17:10 pm »

Friday at the latest.

Tomorrow is job-search spam; when I'm done that I'll probably get more programming done.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:59 am »

Job searching is way more important than our GM-ing convenience; you should definitely work on that as much as you can. Don't feel as if you're obligated to get this done or anything...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2010, 08:01:35 am »

That was totally sarcasm this is more important than everything ever.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16