Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How badly do we need a 'PC <--> NPC' button?

This release! Du eet RIET NAO
- 3 (42.9%)
Next update is fine.
- 2 (28.6%)
Don't want it.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 2.0 pre-release available  (Read 22918 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Rolls: Version 1.1.6 Now with Die roller!
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2009, 01:44:22 am »

Now I can vote. Everything looks nice and doubly now, 0, 1, 2, 4.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2009, 12:20:15 pm »

Sephiroth, I fixed your little bug about editing someone after they're deleted. If it REALLY bugs you, I can post this new update =P

Oh and I made the program a little more user-friendly by adding some extra labels, to indicate "this box is for the item's name... and this one is for the description..." type thing.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2009, 12:19:54 pm »

Okay... good news and bad news.

The bad news is, due to midterms and the excessive need to chill out by playing video games during a stressful time like midterms, I haven't got any notable work done on Cinnamon Rolls.

The good news is, I had a few minutes to tinker with the menu options between classes, so I re-discovered how to make menus, and now I know how I'm going to make it do the multiple saves for the next update. It's going to have the alt-'F'ile thing, like internet explorer and all other half-decent programs have. Yay, mental progress.

Seems kinda odd to do multiple saves before item types and stuff like that... but whatever, the votes matter.

EDIT: Cinnamon Rolls now actually HAS a menu; you click file and you can select New, Save, Load, or Exit. Currently only Exit does anything, because 'unload me' is really easy to program.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:26:52 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:56 pm »

*worships*
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2009, 08:15:15 pm »

What are you programming this in, anyway?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2009, 03:15:10 am »

Visual Basic 6

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2009, 01:16:02 pm »

Visual Basic 6

I would totally copy this for java, If I wasn't so unsure about file I/O in java.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2009, 02:58:01 pm »

Java and file I/O are angers. Java in general when trying to anything but learn programming is angers! Use C++ or Assembly or the like.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2009, 03:13:45 pm »

DO IT IN TI-83 PLUS BASIC

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:13 pm »

Oh god, TI-BASIC. I can, in theory, program in TI-BASIC.

As a gentleman, I decline to. That language is for putting tic-tac-toe or the Quadratic Formula on your graphing calculator.

And I'm fairly sure this program wouldn't be intuitive in C++. I can actually program in C++ now, and... it doesn't lend itself to graphics since it uses THE FRICKING COMMAND PROMPT.

Also, perhaps y'all have noticed, I haven't completely forgotten about Cinnamon Rolls! I just have university and stuff. Comp Sci 111 is easy; Physics 115 and Calculus 110 aren't so much.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2009, 11:26:09 pm »

So long as the three teach you how to combine an infinite number of dwarves to achieve a nuclear explosion it will all be worth it!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »

WHO CARES.  WE WANT DATA, NOT GRAPHICS.  WE WANT TEXT ADVENTURE: RTD MANAGEMENT EDITION

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2009, 10:44:55 am »

tested it a bit ... it would be nice if we could type more text into the location descriptions. For now it erases everything after a certain length when you hit print... including the 400 words that completely described my starting location...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2010, 05:39:31 pm »

Okay so... an update, of sorts. No new release today, sorry...

I'm reworking Cinnamon Rolls. I'm rebuilding it from scratch (I've still got the latest version to copy/paste code when necessary, but still... scratch.), and I'm giving this thing a rather massive overhaul. When the new version comes out (2.0), it's going to have:

-lots more space for text
-multiple saves
-when you make a 'new game', you'll be asked how in-depth you want your item cataloging to be
-did I mention a MASSIVE graphical overhaul? It's more organized. And has more buttons. Buttons are fun.
-better documentation, which you guys aren't likely to notice but I WILL when programming and updating...

It's also going to eat your memory faster. Then again, most of the people on this forum have computers strong enough to play Dwarf Fortress, and a couple hundred kb here or there won't make much difference.

Long story short for those who hate my rants and only read the last line (you silly people): New version coming someday. Massive overhaul. More space. Yeah.

Spoiler: EDITS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:40:53 pm by shoruke »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:28 pm »

*worships*
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16