Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: DragonBall D! Turn 14: Corruption Begins!  (Read 22703 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: DragonBall D! Turn 12: Never hold back on a fight.
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2009, 02:43:35 am »

I restart the damn pod and go back to the planet.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2009, 04:08:38 am »

Raksha searches the station for any form of transportation. If that fails Raksha will turn the station into a ship. If that fail Raksha will build an egg-shaped ball of metal, shoot whatever is holding the station up, and ride down to the planet in the egg, taking anyone willing to swear eternal obedience.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2009, 10:38:17 am »

It'd be nice if the thread title was updated to reflect the changed turn.

Sheath sword (I don't remember specifying a sheath, but oh well), apologize to turtle, try to resume heading in the direction I was heading when I got here. Preferably by flying.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2009, 07:37:24 pm »

You snuck a turn in without changing the title.  That messed me up.

So, in regards to this training thing: I train in weeks, and if I do that for 4 turns I start training in months?  I'm just somewhat confused as to the time schedule.

Activate training mode

Name/technique:  Loyalty training
      Part of the week:  Whole week
      Attribute/skill involved:  Loyalty to me
      Description:  Training Roshini to be my dutiful apprentice, who won't do things like turn on me in the middle of battle.  Could be accomplished by letting her wander around, and "saving" her from numerous traps which I placed myself (though I certainly won't tell her that).  Also could include hypnosis, mental conditioning, brainwashing, et.ced.
      Hope to achieve/Notes/whatever:  Should at least make her loyal enough to keep her from betraying me.  At best, should strip her of any desire other than to be my human weapon and do my will.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2009, 07:54:28 pm »

I see no way in which setting up traps for her to improve loyalty could go wrong.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2009, 08:03:30 pm »

Eh, if she finds out, then it's speed training.  Possibly getting a life-debt out of the deal is worth the risk.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2009, 08:57:07 am »

Silly me, I forgot to change the title...

Fixed

The planet you were going away from or the place you were heading to for healing?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:04:30 am by knightedskull »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DragonBall D! Turn 13: Somethign goes *gurgleblubub*
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2009, 09:56:14 pm »

They wanted to keep where they were going last time, if I had to guess I would probably say that they were going to do the same thing they did last time, but the language used does strongly suggest going to somewhere they have already been...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »

Throw caution to the wind and jump into the hole.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2009, 10:12:23 am »

I have returned from the holidays to be greeted by a virus ambush.

The computer sustain major damage and had to be placed in a coma to stop the pain and screams.
The only solution was to take it to the backyard and did what had to be done (reformat).

Some were injured in the ambush and manage to survive thanks to their survival compatibility skills (and an external hard drive) but some did not make it or could not adapt and died.

The following will be missed.

Dungeon Siege+EP: KIA

Sim city 2000: KIA
Scarface: KIA
Fable: KIA
Worms 4: KIA
Sims2+EP: KIA
Various Dwarf Fortress folders and versions: KIA
Fallout: KIA
Freespace1&2: KIA
Full Throttle: KIA
X-Wing Alliance: KIA
StarWars battlefront 1&2: KIA
Oblivion GOTYE: KIA
Morrowind GOTYE: KIA
Elderscroll Construction Kit: KIA
X-COM Terror from the Deep: KIA
Flatout2: WIA
Everything on Star Wars Best of PC: WIA
HomeWorld2: WIA
Worms Armageddon: WIA
Age of Mythology: WIA
Mass Effect: WIA
Battlestation Midway: WIA
Diablo: WIA
Every single Emulator: WIA
Civilization3: WIA
Diablo2+EP: MIA
FF7: Unknown
KOTOR2: Unknown
Fooly Cooly: Unknown

List will be extended when I get a status report of the others

The folder that held the RTD (and other things related to this forum) are also gone, so I'll have to re-write your characters sheets and whatnot. In the mean time I'll have a turn up this weekend.

For the turns that are up before the character sheets are done, anything goes in the game.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DragonBall D! Turn 13: Something goes *gurgleblubub*
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2009, 03:20:32 pm »

Ouch, my sympathies, and thankyou for remembering us.
Read the First Post!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DragonBall D! Turn 14: Corruption Begins!
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2009, 09:49:43 pm »

Things have been learned in the few days.
One of them involves using your sister's library card to use their computers (they withdrew mine)....they get very mad about it...

I ask the pod to give me some basic info on whatever creatures live on this planet. I spend the rest of the trip there healing myself.

You follow the scanner reports to a document with details of the planet you are heading towards.  You learn that the planet name is Agneor and the species living there are called Marmosian.
They are an insect-like species who can exert pheromones that can altar emotions and moods of living creatures.  Their homeworld planet must have been very predetorial.
Even so they are intellectual and advanced in technology they cannot space travel due to a single person: Frieza.

[1] The document goes on about reports of an "incident" involving Frieza and his army, resulting in him banishing the entire race from using space travel.  The Marmosians naturally fought back and is in a now never ending war to leave their planet's orbit.
 The war for their fate doesn't concern you much but the possibility of running into Frieza's blockade might.
While trying to read up on their weapon technology an alarm rang out for an imminent ship collision!
You think to your self that is impossible as you recently scanned the area and it showed no signs of any ships nearby.  You take a look out of the pods little window in front to see if you can see anything, but there is nothing "Could it be a malfunction?".

[1]No as you thought when you shake violently in your seat and hear the sound of crunching, burning, shredded metal and small explosions. Your pod scrapes along the side of something cloaked until it slowed to a stop and embeds itself within the drifting structures hull.
It's starting to get warm inside the pod.

Leave and head back to the arena. hopefully before the cops show up.

[5-2] You spit out a bloody tooth and the scene of battle as the building in the background crumbles to dust.  You're exhaustive from using the majority of your energy but you believe to still be able to make it to the arena.
From not staying out in the open much you manage to avoid being seen by most people police

[1] You arrive to the tournament entrance to see that it has been closed.
  You head back to the waiting room to be greeted with the sight of 2 ambulances and a few police cars. Two paramedics are lugging someone into the back of one of the ambulance, the other one being loaded up with a body bag.  You were thinking your next action when someone approaches you from behind.

"FREEZE! Put your hands behind your head and turn around!"

Search for my compatriot, and try to rescue him from whatever zany adventure he is caught up in. Humorously.

[1]  You ignore the safety warnings from the voice and so you set off to find your companion, who you have no idea where he went off or what he is doing.  You approach one of the doors he could have gone into. But before you could unlock the door it suddenly goes into lockdown mode causing it be airtight with no way of opening it manually, airlocked.
"what's going on?!"

[3] The voice of the ship speaks out to you again.
*Ship master, don't go in there*
*That room is now far too dangerous to go into and thus I have sealed it away*
*I detected an anomaly that would most likely kill you, possibly without feeling any pain.*
*By not being near the door you will survive.*
*Your crew member, however, will be in total bliss of it all and die a slow but painless death.*
*Sit back in your seat, Ship Master*

[1] In a panic you hurriedly started mashing buttons until one of the many button combo in hopes to restart the pod computer.
The screen turns off and brings it back on with a black blank screen.
After much sounds of crunching computer sounds it ends when the screen shows the flashing of the following text:

C:/>

Raksha searches the station for any form of transportation. If that fails Raksha will turn the station into a ship. If that fail Raksha will build an egg-shaped ball of metal, shoot whatever is holding the station up, and ride down to the planet in the egg, taking anyone willing to swear eternal obedience.
[5] You turn around and hover down the big hole you created a while ago and now you scan each room as you move down for some way to get out of here.
You soon notice 2 soldiers and an engineer huddled next to a large hatch cover. You stop to examine them and see them opening the door and going inside.  You instantly recognize that it must be connected to some escape shuttle and so you rush inside before the door closed.

[2] The two soldiers start pointing their blasters at you for your sudden and spontaneous entrance.They are a little frightened by your size and aqua suit appearance.

You start thinking of what to do with these pests in YOUR shuttle.

Sheath sword (I don't remember specifying a sheath, but oh well), apologize to turtle, try to resume heading in the direction I was heading when I got here. Preferably by flying.
[6] You insert your sword in the sheath on your back and bow in apology to the confused turtle. Then you take off like a rocket through the air, knocking the turtle on it;s back.
You have finally gain control on flight and you enjoy this so that you just keep heading in one direction, jetting past birds, zig-zaging through the air and clouds.
After a while passed by some tiny house in the middle of the forest and a some mountain.

[3]  You stop in mid-air to get a better look around your surroundings. A city is seen not far away.

Activate training mode

Name/technique:  Loyalty training
      Part of the week:  Whole week
      Attribute/skill involved:  Loyalty to me
      Description:  Training Roshini to be my dutiful apprentice, who won't do things like turn on me in the middle of battle.  Could be accomplished by letting her wander around, and "saving" her from numerous traps which I placed myself (though I certainly won't tell her that).  Also could include hypnosis, mental conditioning, brainwashing, et.ced.
      Hope to achieve/Notes/whatever:  Should at least make her loyal enough to keep her from betraying me.  At best, should strip her of any desire other than to be my human weapon and do my will.

And so it begins.

Day 1:  While Rosini was sent to set up camp you went off to sabotage a building to collapse when ever she would walk by.  After the event was triggered you managed to save her from being crushed to death, portraying somewhat as a hero.

Day 2: You figure that talking about each other might help gain trust or to form something close to a "friendship" that you might be able to use later.
  You learn that she was the only one of her species on that planet and not long ago she was discovered and tutored by the large gray one for gift.  You recall some gray guy during the fight, pom-tata or something.  She also goes on how she only knows basic ki-manipulation so far.
When it was your turn to spill your guts, you bloated and bragged to make yourself seem even more powerful than you are now. About how you were a mighty warrior that is known through much part of a galaxy far away, how you could altar reality in an instant and have the power to transform into a giant monster further increasing your stupendous power!
 Frieza? BAH, he is just a pussy coward who dares not to show his face to anyone with half the power you hold. He shivers in fetal position in that chair he depends on for transport when ever you're around.

Although she may be in awe of the self-proclaimed mighty-uber galatic warrior that you presented to her, you doubt she knows the true meaning of power and cannot fully respect it or any of your "feats" of awesome. Yet.

Day 3: Now that you have learned about her past and placed yourself as a god-warrior of some type, you attempt mix your ways of thinking into her's.  You start lecturing her in a speech about how the people she once knew all died because they were weak and thus they deserved to die in their goal.
 They were too weak to defend their planet, too weak to fight for their planet, too weak to change Frieza's suppression, too weak to escape death and even too weak to make their deaths have a single purpose in it. (except maybe this speech, so their deaths actually did serve a purpose)
 Too weak to do anything made them useless...but because someone may be weak does not mean you can't make their deaths become usefull.  To kill or use one's life for an advantage, to attain a goal, to even make a point should be done if necessary. But to kill for no reason and without thought is savagery. 
 Hunters kill for food to feed others, a king declares war for land to expand kingdom, a warrior kills for glory to be acknowledged, an assassin kills for profit to attain something, and even a bodyguard kills to protect someone.
 Slowly she starts learning more of the importance of power seen through your eyes, although your true intentions for her and your plans (whatever they are) are kept secret for now.

Day 4: You start smirking after you spent most of this day rigging a complex trap with a formed plan. 
The Plan: She is sent back into the city for more food supplies (as you gobbled the current supply when she wasn't looking, no point in waste) and then for you to ignite a group of 8-pack fuel cell batteries from the various vehicles laying about with a small guided ki-blast. This results in an explosion that would send bunches of debris into her. "Sensing distress and trouble" (as explained later) you would then rush to her aid and pretend to save her.  Bonus if she is rendered unconscious so she might not remember this later and put 2+2 together (plus, think of the things you could say to make it more dramatic!)
 When the moment came to trigger the trap you executed the explosion without flaw, but what an explosion it was!  A huge blue mist shrouded the surrounding area, mostly melting the road, walls of buildings and glassing what it could not destroy with extreme heat. Beautiful as it was, plasma doesn't make a boom as so much as it dissipates away with whatever it's touching...not good.

Now that there be an actual emergency you rush to where Rosini once stood and find the sidewalk she was standing, on the opposite side of the street from the explosion, there only remains a half circle of the sidewalk with glassed dirt surrounding it.  You look around to find that Rosini was smashed into the wall of a building, leaving a hole in the wall with her on the other side incapacitated.

With only basic first-aid knowledge you manage to treat most wounds and you believe that it will take a day or two for her recovery. Surely by then you'll have an explanation...

Day 5: Rest
   Day 6: Rest

Day 7: On the third day Rosini regains consciousness.  You evaluate  form the whole week that she just might adapt to her new lifestyle.  She hasn't blamed you for the incident yet so you guess there is some trust, but no signs of complete loyalty.

Throw caution to the wind and jump into the hole.
[5] You perform a perfect swan dive mid-air and fly into the hole in the ground and into the abyss. This place is nothing but blackness and you. As you float around, in what is essentially nothing, you hear a loud *THUD* and turn to see the hole you came through has something on the other side. 

[1] You recognize it as your body!  Before you anything the hole starts to get smaller...moving away!  You reach out for the hole as it flies to a tiny speck, eventually causing the blackness to stretch and snap out of place revealing another color underneath and those being ripped from the spot too! It seemed to be doing it for every kind of possible colors. Red, green, blue it continues to flash viciously until it stops at a color that seemed both green and blue at the same time.
The color seems to sooth you without making you forget your predicament, not for long however.  To your left a solid gray wall that stretches beyond your sight appears and, in an instant, a pair of hands comes forth and pulls you into the color.  The feeling being pulled is mighty enough for you to do nothing but scream through the color void of nothing but grayness.
Along the way you see casual strings of lines, each a different color. One of pure red first, then blue, green, purple, yellow, light blue, and so on.  They first came slowly but they then started coming out of nowhere at fast speed and disappear as sudden as they appear from within the greyness void.
After what seems an eternity of pulling it stops without warning and you come to a complete stop.  Turning around to see what it was, you are greeted by a ghastly image of a spirit that looks humanoid but any other detail is smeared away.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: Rosini
Questions
[5] Rosini slowly open her eyes and leaned upwards.  She takes note that she is inside a building on a bed.
She notices the bandage on her forehead but it took her a second to spot Kenoten sitting in a chair across the room, wearing his smirk for who knows what reason.

"What happened?" She asks.

<----Players Status--->

Spoiler: Anonymous (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragooble (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cumber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kenoten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Uther (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zen Gar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Prowler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raksha (click to show/hide)

<-----NPC----->

Spoiler: Rosini (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ghostly image (click to show/hide)

<-----Objects & Places----->
Spoiler: Earth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blackbird (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Saiyans spacepods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 05:02:07 pm by knightedskull »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DragonBall D! Turn 14: Corruption Begins!
« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2009, 10:05:00 pm »

To spirit: "Just who do you think you are?"
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2009, 10:32:50 pm »

"I am sorry. I was ... too late."
I train myself, so that I may be better able to combat the tasks at hand.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2009, 11:58:16 pm »

"You two belong to me now! Get this pod to a planet where you can build me a ship." I Sit down and use Spirit Well, ignoring my new crew.

What does power level affect?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:02:17 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20