Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: DragonBall D! Turn 14: Corruption Begins!  (Read 22773 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: R T DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! TURN TWO A death in the saiyans???
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2009, 06:53:53 pm »

"Get to ze chopper!" (and by "chopper," I mean "pod," and by "get to," I mean "fly it down to the planet")
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »

hmm...interesting. I enter the waiting room and look over the various people there to see who look more, um, alien. Even if i don't figure who it is, at least i'll know who and what I'm up aginst.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2009, 09:22:16 pm »

Not to sound like an ass, but I'm very happy at the prospect of getting to join in the place of a guy that got smashed by a meteor.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2009, 09:28:27 pm »

knighted skull i feel i must quote cthulu on something.
RTDs that arbitrarily kill off players tend to die off sooner than most.

or something to the ring of that. this is kind of what you did to Flo
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2009, 09:40:03 am »

knighted skull i feel i must quote cthulu on something.
RTDs that arbitrarily kill off players tend to die off sooner than most.

or something to the ring of that. this is kind of what you did to Flo

*Ahem* It may very well seem like that but he is not in fact dead unless he doesn't post an action. So if he doesn't post an action, he is dead and if he does he is near dead and will get more powerful when healed up....he did get a 1 but the pods are very sturdy on the outside so it's still possible to survive.

I liked his character and it pained me to do that to him.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2009, 09:32:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure you have to roll like 3 ones in a row to kill a character like that in a single turn.  (1) Action -> (1) dodge -> (6) damage.
Unless of course there gone. That's another story alltogether.  Feel free to fudge him the worst rolls ever.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:04:04 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2009, 09:35:17 pm »

I know I'm still on the waiting list, and may be a bit biased, but is it really fair that a person who left for no given reason should keep his spot, while people who are waiting and willing to play are still standing in line?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2009, 09:36:35 pm »

he did say that flo would well and truly die if he didn't post an action.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: R T DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Turn THREE. Everyones here.
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2009, 03:16:18 pm »

Sorry I'm 2 days late...I was only planing to be atleast 1 day late (from doing nothing but stacking large amounts of ammo and explosive rounds in a big pile in the Men of War game.) but on the next day my ride to the world of internet ditched me and I was stuck...this angered me but I kept it cool...until my mouse broke...my 5th and last... and strangely my fallout CD was under a chair...after a few holes in the walls, I did not only have the internet striped away from me but now most of my games and anything else that required a mouse. Also my cat barfed on my new cloths. the only thing that could cool down my explosive anger...was a nice, refreshing game of Road Rash 64...nothing can lower stress like kicking someone in front of a road sign or a police officer going over 200 mph or sticking your pool cue into someones spokes only to get hit by the van you didn't notice.

*back to subject* It seems that two players are now withdrawn but two are coming forth.

Turn THREE

stride boldly into the underground chamber.
I shall enter it as well. If there is a fork, I'll take a different path then Dragooble.
[6][1] Both Dragooble and Anonymous jump into the hole, but it's pitch black and the two of them had to follow the wall of a long corridor. When they got to the end a bright light turns on revealing a large room with some large structure in the middle. Suddenly a wall separates the two Nameks, causing Dragooble stuck in the large room and Anonymous outside in the corridor. The ceiling above Anonymouse suddenly drops [Dodge:1] he didn't see it coming so it slams him to the floor [Dmg:2] Anonymous is unhurt but pinned to the floor. Also a low pitch noise is being played from the structure and is making it unbearable for Dragooble.

I fly down to the planet. I also keep an eye out for any comets flying around, so I can avoid them.
[6] Cumber manually starts up his attack pod and manages to fly into the planet. [3] During entry, Cumber's pod crashes into some flying aircraft and goes through it, destroying it with ease. The attack pod lands creating a crater that could have been bigger. Through the window of the pod, Cumber sees one of the aircrafts in front of his pod that uses propellers.  Cumber remarks how primitive they are as he steps out of the pod.

"Get to ze chopper!" (and by "chopper," I mean "pod," and by "get to," I mean "fly it down to the planet")
[2] With his highly advanced scouter, Kenoten makes his way to his pod. But before he could get into it some technicians stop him to inform of Flo's possible death and wants him to wait while they check for any other stray objects passing by to avoid another death. [5] Kenoten pushes them aside and tells them to get going. Soon Kenoten is launched in his attack pod to the planet and [4] lands in a populated area smashing through a building creating chaos. Some bright-yellow people with red hair gather around the crater, unaware of the danger inside the round object.

hmm...interesting. I enter the waiting room and look over the various people there to see who look more, um, alien. Even if i don't figure who it is, at least i'll know who and what I'm up aginst.
[2] You walk up to the backdoor of the building (behind the arena) for contestants but it seems locked...you guess they thought no one else would show up so they locked it prematuraly. [2] You look for a window to see through but they are placed high to prevent fans or other from peeping on them during the preliminary matches.

If only you could hover or stand on someones shoulder.

Quote from: Zen Gar
Shove annoying shop keeper away, try find transportation to West City
[6] You push the annoying one away to get to the door but you pushed him too hard and he smashes through the wall, people stare at you and the poor guy wondering how you could do that or maybe that your the strong alien! [5] You manage to high-tail it out of there and find the docks for transports and cargo ships. There's also a personal dock next to it with smaller boats. You could out swim any of these if you really wanted too.

New Arrivals!

Over the orbital station: A round object appears over head and flies past the orbital station at high speed and into the planet.[3] Cumber and the people watch as it flies through the sky...some of them panic and run around. Kenoten's advance scouter suddenly picks up a high power level nearby, slightly over 7000, nearly the same as Flo's...could he really have survived?! .The round object crashes through some harvest festival the people were celebrating, killing some previously happy party goers. The object opens and a Saiyan appears, Uther is his name. He steps out onto the large crater with people running claiming it's some invasion.

In middle of space: A large old rusty spaceship drifts through space. A small crew of aquatic-like race, maintaining the ship to keep working  Doing everything their commanded to do by their lord. Lord Raksha, a large figure in a aquatic suit that would allow it to breath underwater. "Lord Racksha, we have detected 2 possible habitable planets not far from each other." "One named Magfor and the other Filda." Suddenly the Communication guy says: "Sir there's an incoming transmission from a space station above Filda, shall I answer it?"

<----Players---->

Spoiler: Anonymous (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragooble (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cumber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kenoten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Uther (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zen Gar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Prowler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raksha (click to show/hide)

Report any errors.
and from now on there will be a turn 2 or 3 days after a turn. Which gives plenty of times to give an action.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:22:53 pm by knightedskull »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »

i use
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
on the structure making the noise.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2009, 03:47:20 pm »

I scan the area for the strongest non-Saiyan inhabitant. I then use
on him, warning that anyone who stands against me will die like my example.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2009, 04:11:11 pm »

I'll look around myself with annoyance, then use
to break the mechanism that's causing the ceiling to pin me to the floor.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2009, 05:03:10 pm »

I fly off, looking for some nearby town where I shall start punching and kicking people really, really hard. When I have done so for a few minutes I ask them to bring forth their strongest fighter for a duel, or I shall continue punching and kicking them really, really hard.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2009, 06:19:39 pm »

I follow Cumber, and smirk condescendingly as he punches and kicks the residents.  When the strongest comes out, if their power is between 2000 and 6000, I'll rock-paper-scissors Cumber for who gets to fight him first.  Otherwise, I'll let him have the first go.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:33:16 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2009, 06:26:35 pm »

Scratch that, I think I'll join you two. Count me in on the game to fight as well.

And while I'm at it, I'll scan my companions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20