Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: DragonBall D! Turn 14: Corruption Begins!  (Read 22727 times)

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: R T DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! TURN ONE
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2009, 04:44:51 pm »

I was thinking the year in between Goku and Radditz death and before Vegeta and Nappa appears on earth.

That way you don't fight Goku and Vegeta is in middle of space. However you may fuck up everything else and with the possibility of perma-death on (ignoring spirit realm or whatever the hell they call it) there's no way of you guys fighting him...well...except TWO possible ways. (and besides, not one of you guys could do anything against them)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2009, 05:25:38 pm »

until we get MAJOR POWER LEVEL BOOST or something. also, apparently, vegetas power level of 12000 is enough to destroy planets. so lets hope to at least get there.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 06:57:03 pm »

Don't they have, like, a hundred million by the end of the series? If a serious exertion of a 12,000 power level can destroy a planet, shouldn't they be making a crater equivalent to a nuclear explosion with every step?

Also, what Power level are we to begin with (and does it vary with race)?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2009, 07:10:17 pm »

i sense fridge logic.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2009, 07:17:48 pm »

What do you mean?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »

fridge logic. also, i'm pretty sure you were supposed to be given a pm with that info.
EDIT: which i accidentally deleted. could you send me another knighted skull?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:05 pm »

wut.

I know nothing of this PM. Maybe only for people actually playing, not on the list?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2009, 09:09:16 pm »

May I please go on the waiting list?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »

oh. your not playing. my bad.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2009, 10:23:48 am »

Ok I have returned from my long slumber and shall now be answering questions and the such. And might throw in a turn today but still want to hold down for 2 players that have yet to arrive.

First up:
If a serious exertion of a 12,000 power level can destroy a planet, shouldn't they be making a crater equivalent to a nuclear explosion with every step?

Also, what Power level are we to begin with (and does it vary with race)?

It is possible to suppress power level or not to use it all together (as in not going all glowy) but there has been cases (when all glowy) that footsteps would crack the ground of being stepped on.

Destroying a planet is all in the attack used, how much is spent into it and HOW it was used. Frieza's death ball was used to destroy Nameks core, same with planet vageta. Vagetas galick gun could possible do the same but not as powerful or quick as Frieza's giant ball of death.

Power level is determined on your race, attacks, specialty and whether or not I decide to give out a cruel joke. I also tried to balance it best for the players...making sure no one was near power level as Vegeta's maximum power (when he first fought Goku...I think this was 18 thousand) but not as weak as Radditz (yes they are all Saiyans used as examples which had me finding the right power level while not having it go super high when they go Oozaru form. 

Also had to figure out the two humans power level...the strongest (pure human) was Tien until Uub came along (Yes he is human with Buu's spirit/soul ??? or atleast was when he absorbed Majin buu) and I couldn't let you Nameks actually have half the power of those top warrior guys (which was like 30 thousand I think)

I know nothing of this PM. Maybe only for people actually playing, not on the list?

You sent me character sheet and since your on the waiting list I will be holding on to it until it is needed and as such I will send you the final edit with power level info and maybe notes to any moves or such.

May I please go on the waiting list?

"I've updated the player list and added waiting list to those whom have submitted a character sheet when active player slots are full."

As in you send me a character sheet and you shall be on the waiting list and then the above saying shall put into play.

And give me a second or two and I shall re submit your character sheet dragooble
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:59:29 am by knightedskull »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST RTD I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!

This is Chester A. Bump saying, CHANGE?!!! YOU GOT CHANGE??!! OH COME ON HELP A GUY OUT, CHANGE!!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: R T DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! TURN TWO A death in the Saiyans???
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2009, 11:37:32 am »

Sorry folks, there was a browser issue and lost the entire turn and now hopefully I learned my lesson on doing it on notepad ++ first.
And I nearly avoided a double post  ;D

Was also hoping that Floirt and Vlynndar would show up but they have not and so next turn they shall be replaced by the two on waiting list....unless of coarse they send in an action.

Turn TWO

Go down to planet, then scout area around landing site.
[2] You enter the pod and close the hatch, followed by a mechanical arm lifting you up and placing you outside ready for launch. The computer calculates the pre-designated path and confirms it with a beep and then...nothing...nothing happens. After a minute or two of silence the computer responds with an error crackling beep.

poke red object with stick.
[3] There aren't any sticks or twigs around you so you poke the red symbol on it's side with your finger. After a few pokes nothing happens.

"There's clearly something inside, and poking it with a stick isn't the right way to open it. This is how to open it." Punch the red glowing symbol.
[4] "There's clearly something inside, and poking it isn't the right way to open it. This is how to open it." You punch the red symbol head-on and it suddenly turns green and the white object hovers into the air revealing a passageway underground.

I'm a little opposed to the whole "no killing" deal, not to mention fighting bare-handed, so I guess I'll walk away from the register in disappointment, and go check out those rumours of an alien ship crashing somewhere.
[4] Disappointed by the rules of the tournament, you set off in search of more information on the alien crash site when you came upon an electronic store with TVs tuned to a news station reporting on the alien scene. [5] You managed to note that the crash site is a little west of east city at a farm. They found a dead a alien that resembled human and embedded into a mountain that was blown up, is an alien ship in one piece. They seem to have not been able to get into the ship so they are going to transport it to Capsule Corp for more studies.

Before you could get anymore information the owner comes up to you: "You going to buy it or not? Only 50,000 zeni".

Now that I have signed up for the Tournament, I'm going to see if the rumors about the ship is true.
[6] You get up from the ground after claiming the man rude and asked the register guy about the rumors of the alien ship : "Well if you really want to know about the alien ship, why don't you go talk to the alien about it? He could be in the contestant waiting room but the latest rumor is that he could look like a human so we may not even know if he is joining up. However it seems that a lot of people believe it and so all the cowards never came and we can get straight to the main fights."

Starting off strong with a 1; this is going to be a great RTD for me.

Check around the ship to see if I can get a replacement scouter, or repair my own if there are none.  Smirk condescendingly at floor.
[6] You get up and crush your useless scouter. Then you head into the armory for another scouter and notice a set of brand new highly advance scouters that's even more accurate and sturdier. You pick one up and put it on and give it a test. It's even able to detect multiple readings at once as it scans the weakling maintenance crews around the station.
You also notice that your partners are slightly stronger than you, but not much to make a huge difference.

Quote from: Flo
Head to pod and launch
[1] After Flo arrives in the pod room, he enters it and the mechanical arm takes him outside to the landing pads. Flo sees Cumber having difficulties with his pod and releases a maniacal laughter though the intercom directed at Cumber : "Muhahaha! I'll be sure not to leave any survivors for you Hahahaha" He continues to laugh that everyone has bad luck when around him as he launches into space towards the planet that he must leave barren of life. Suddenly halfway on his trip, a comet bigger than the pod smashes into it and continues it's path...Flo's readings on Kenoten's scouter have it make some quick calculations! "What! What happened to his power level?! It dropped so suddenly!" Cumber could only watch as a large object smashed into Flo's pod and carried him away. He tries contacting him with the communication system but no response, either his pod broke again or Flo really is no more.

Quote from: Vlynndar
Join up with the other guys
[6] After seeing an object rise out of the ground, Vlanndar drops his construction tools and rush over to the group. and listens as some of the other Nameks discuss what could be down there or even if it is safe enough.

<----Players---->

Spoiler: Anonymous (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragooble (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vynndar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cumber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kenoten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zen Gar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Prowler (click to show/hide)

Report any errors.
and from now on there will be a turn 2 or 3 days after a turn
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:48:21 am by knightedskull »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: R T DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! TURN TWO A death in the saiyans???
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2009, 03:26:54 pm »

stride boldly into the underground chamber.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2009, 03:38:03 pm »

I fly down to the planet. I also keep an eye out for any comets flying around, so I can avoid them.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2009, 04:53:02 pm »

I shall enter it as well. If there is a fork, I'll take a different path then Dragooble.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20