Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HFS and Siege at same time  (Read 2208 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HFS and Siege at same time
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 07:04:55 pm »

I'm so going to try and recreate the scene once I find a suitable site. Shouldn't be too hard to make a narrow bridge across a chasm and rig it so that it falls once the SoF steps on it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:07:02 pm by Sordid »

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 07:18:01 pm »

Yeah. use pressure plates activated by your dwarf (SoF could fly over a pressure plate) and have it hooked up to supports. Have urist mcgandalf fall into shallow water so he can swim out, while the SoF falls onto hard rock, killing it instantly.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

SoF could fly over a pressure plate

No he couldn't, because I'm going to mod the flying tag away from him. :P And seeing as he doesn't have a whip, Urist McGandalf is going to remain standing on the other side just fine. ;D

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:07:17 pm »

This is why you fail. I use harsh language every time. Those SoFs have a really low self esteem, and you try axes and bolts. That only makes them angry. Build some wooden couches and set dwarves to psychotherapy labour, or else assign a military dwarf to use bad words (equip two, they have a high chance to stick). Works a charm.

This made me laugh. The concept of a weapon doing emotional damage is highly amusing. Imagine what a hallway full of guilt traps could do to a bunch of goblins. (Elves, having no ethics to speak of, would be immune unless the weapons were made of wood.) Words are even better. And imagine the engravings!

"Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of Urist Jewelbridges the dwarf and Snodub Hatespirals the goblin. Snodub Hatespirals is in a fetal position. Urist Jewelbridges is laughing. The artwork relates to the breakdown of Snodub Hatespirals due to aspersions cast upon his mother by Urist Jewelbridges in Hammerlocks in the early spring of 311 during the fourth siege of Hammerlocks."

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 12:27:33 am »

Oh, and there seems to be a tame fluffy wambler on fire wandering about.

Maybe it's just that I'm slowly becoming a horrible person, but this is the funniest part of this situation.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 01:46:41 am »

Oh, and there seems to be a tame fluffy wambler on fire wandering about.

Maybe it's just that I'm slowly becoming a horrible person, but this is the funniest part of this situation.

you're not becoming a horrible person you are becoming a great dwarf  :)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 07:09:49 am »

This is why you fail. I use harsh language every time. Those SoFs have a really low self esteem, and you try axes and bolts. That only makes them angry. Build some wooden couches and set dwarves to psychotherapy labour, or else assign a military dwarf to use bad words (equip two, they have a high chance to stick). Works a charm.

This made me laugh. The concept of a weapon doing emotional damage is highly amusing. Imagine what a hallway full of guilt traps could do to a bunch of goblins. (Elves, having no ethics to speak of, would be immune unless the weapons were made of wood.) Words are even better. And imagine the engravings!

"Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of Urist Jewelbridges the dwarf and Snodub Hatespirals the goblin. Snodub Hatespirals is in a fetal position. Urist Jewelbridges is laughing. The artwork relates to the breakdown of Snodub Hatespirals due to aspersions cast upon his mother by Urist Jewelbridges in Hammerlocks in the early spring of 311 during the fourth siege of Hammerlocks."

Mwhahahaha. Excellent. I'm almost tempted to mod bad words and unpleasant gestures into my otherwise vanilla DF.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]