Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44748 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Night:A new day dawns!!!)
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2009, 08:05:24 am »

Alright, before taking my full turn, I want to check a few things:

Is the chunk I tossed across the traps still there?
What condition is the goat skin in my backpack?
Is there any trails from the ashes of the fire and/or footprints?
I think I can safely assume the cooked meat is still alright.
How's the weather outside? Still foggy?

Ah hell, I'll just post now.
If the weather is clear and there isn't any signs of intrusion (footprints near the hole/missing offal chunk) chances are I'll attempt to make some obsidian-headed bone bolts and head out the grate to hunt again.
However, if I fail to produce any bolts or there are signs of intrusion in my camp...
* If the chunk is gone (even if the birds took it), I'll gather all my gear and walk out the iron grate, following the wall...
uh... *tries to remember which gate I entered* bah, screw it. Left.
* If I fail at making bolts or there's footprints (that aren't mine) or disturbed ashes at the camp fire, I gather all my stuff, deactivate the traps, and explore the area beyond.
* If everything is off (footprints, chunk gone, failed bolts) I'll take my time to make sure I'm not being observed and if I don't find anything I'll gather my stuff and go beyond the traps, stealthily. Probably following the inner wall right unless there's somewhere that looks like it'd give good cover.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:07:17 am by Anti-Paragon »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Night:A new day dawns!!!)
« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2009, 04:13:02 pm »

Day 5, Turn 1: Order: Dragnar (2!), Reece (1!), Ajax (6!), Dwareet'ik (3!); New Order: Ajax, Dwareet'ik, Dragnar, Reece

Ajax-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The group-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5: Blessed Magma!!!)
« Reply #572 on: December 14, 2009, 04:24:31 pm »

Whoops! I wake up, and holler out, wondering where they went. Also, go down the path, seeing if I can't find a torch to light again. Also, I take a swig of water and eat some food, should I be hungry or thirsty.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 01:55:33 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 14, 2009, 04:39:07 pm »

Whoops! I wake up, and holler out, wondering where they went. Also, go down the path, seeing if I can't find a torch to light again.
luckily for you, the magma probably emits plenty of light for now.

I'll drink a bit of water, then search this place more thoroughly.
I have got to find some alcohol soon, of else my dwarf will become (horrors!) sober!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 14, 2009, 06:26:05 pm »

I don't like this misty rain. Generally I'd look at the fauna but I'd rather follow the wall with haste. I listen for anything following me and try to keep a sharp eye out for anything suspicious ahead. Yeesh, I really am paranoid, aren't I? I'd try to haggle some trait abilities for that, but I I'm not real good with balancing things like that, even if it was allowed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 14, 2009, 08:20:20 pm »

Actions
Same as Dragnar, search the room, rifle the bins, read the engravings.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2009, 11:10:56 am »

I posted my turn right? Okay, good.

Appreciative bump.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 16, 2009, 01:19:56 pm »

Day 5, Turn 2: Order:Ajax (5!), Dwareet'ik (4!,5!), Dragnar (4!,3!), Reece (3!); (No change)

Ajax-

Dragnar and Dwareet'ik-

Reece-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5: Blind searching for the blind!!!)
« Reply #578 on: December 16, 2009, 01:26:43 pm »

I'll try to see what that strange metal Dwarmin found is, then read the engravings of 1.the dwarf holding a scepter 2.the human fighting a winged human and 3.the elf fighting the elf.(in that order of priority)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 16, 2009, 01:50:03 pm »

Examine for any tracks coming from or into the gate I might be able to identify. Head inside and see if there's anything noteworthy inside. I might as well proceed through this time unless there's someone on the opposite side.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:39 pm »

Walk over to them and grumble about them leaving me to my doom, then look around for any source of lighting that I could use.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 16, 2009, 06:10:44 pm »

@You guys!:

The forge is nice and all, but we need to eventually fight our way out for more supplies. Either forward through zombies, or back through Goblins. Drag and me are fine, but Tehs, your completely out of food and water-I don't want me and Dragnar to be put in a position to sacrifice out own food stocks for you.

Of course, Drag needs to get hammering out armor and whatnot as soon as possible, we don't know how long this area is safe...on that account, Drag, I would be willing to trade my crown, very valuable, for your skill to make me a light helm and leggings, made of iron of course. This might take 2-3 bars of the stockpiled iron we have here, though.

I need your opinions, guys.

Actions

I'll gather up the larger silver and copper scraps, and whatever else valuable, lying around the room and divide them up among my compatriots equally, though if I find a particularly nice item, like a gem or jewelery, I'll secretly pocket it while chuckling greedily.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 16, 2009, 08:42:09 pm »

Sure, after this turn I'm gonna reforge my sword, then I'll get to work on your armor.
I'm starting to run pretty low on supplies to: I'm out of booze, gonna become sober soon :o

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »

I only request some sword of sword, so I can actually fight decently.

Then, we should fight our way out, at least for now. I'm sure there's more food outside than in, considering it'll have rotten in here from being so long.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 16, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »

I only request some sword of sword, so I can actually fight decently.

Then, we should fight our way out, at least for now. I'm sure there's more food outside than in, considering it'll have rotten in here from being so long.
The plump helmet farms are probably massively overgrown if we can find them, and for now there are goblins blocking the exit.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53