Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44783 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 3:Insult to injury!)
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2009, 03:25:33 pm »

They are both correct.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 21, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »

Updated turn has been posted. I'm afraid it didn't turn out quite like I expected or Weedo su hoped, despite the advantages I gave him for his strategy. Sometimes the enemy just get's lucky.

And then you get eaten.

Also, Dwarmin, you're correct. I forgot your religious standing. It will be updated. Also, whoever's on the list next, you're up.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2009, 08:10:45 pm »

Well... I guess that's how things go. At least I- uh... helped someone get a bit better, I guess.
I realize that everything is done all fair and well, and I respect that, but I think I'm a bit too disappointed to rejoin. Sorry.

I don't mean to be a sore sport or anything. I was just really into the character and suffering a huge killjoy.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 21, 2009, 09:49:27 pm »

From the collected writings of Dwareetik...

We all know. Death comes hard and fast in the Fortress of Bones, his scythe spares no man or beast, be they great or small, cruel or kind-for he has no pity, and the land has turned his heart into stone...Damn this place.

Fatalist poetry aside, that really sucks. 2x head crits...bah.

I wish I had dared to head into the fort this morning Paragon, we could of beaten them together, and more besides...

Now, it's just me and Mr. Person the crippled psycho monk again. :(

Would like to see you get back in the ring when your done licking your wounds Paragon, but I know how it goes.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:51:14 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 21, 2009, 10:15:08 pm »

I'll join the waiting list.
Name: Dragnar
Race: dwarf
Class: apprentice runesmith
Weapon: bastard sword
God: none
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 21, 2009, 10:45:01 pm »

You're pissed? I'm going to starve now. Oh boy!

Nah, just kidding. Well, I am going to starve at this rate, and I feel bad for ya, but them's the brakes.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2009, 04:05:05 pm »

Mmh. I've re-read the turn three times now in my frustration. Ugh. This is why I'm terrible at roguelikes; I'm not bad at them but I get way too attached to even my shortest lived characters. As Dwarmin said, chances are I'll be back again at some point (and obviously I'll still be keeping an eye on this thread), but part of me knows my inverted karma will just bite me in the arse again.
Mmh. Maybe I'd be better off running one of these type of things instead of playing it...
...but that's not something I want to clog the thread with. I'll just quietly haunt (ha) for the moment. Good luck to you guys currently in there, and for those joining... you poor bastards.

Edit: Need to stop putting 'me' in place of 'my'. Dang my Irish blood.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:06:59 pm by Anti-Paragon »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2009, 05:38:54 pm »

((I understand Anti-Paragon. I can't tell you how many times I was like... 'Alright, my gnome architect finally made it to level 8. Now the fun begins... oh, crap. What the heck is a lecrotta? -Dies-'. You'll be more than welcome to rejoin us. I honestly expected you to win that fight, but it was just a sequence of very unfortunate hits against you.

So, when you're ready, we'll probably still be here, killin' unsuspecting adventurers left and right. To be honest, I'm amazed Cius is still alive.

Anyways, here's the turn:))

Day 3, Turn 7:Order: Mr. Person (4!), Creeper (3!), Dwarmin (6!); New order: Dwareet'ik, Cius, Creeper

Dwarmin-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cius-

Creeper-

Oh, and tehstefan, you're up. I'll give you until Thursday morning to post. I've sent a pm. Dragnar, approved and on the list.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 07:08:02 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 7:Ohm.......!)
« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2009, 05:59:26 pm »

((To be honest, I'm surprised I'm still alive too. And yeah, I get attached to my roguelike characters and something winds up happening. Of course, they usually wind up being gimpy 1-shot kills from stuff that entered my field of view and killed me in the same turn, so whatever. Like I JUST made a character who died on turn one. Nethack gives me the message "Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 zorkmids."))

In character, I'd probably assume that Weedo Su was still alive, so I don't think I'm going to try gathering plants just yet. In fact, since last I knew, he was going to get food, I'd probably not worry about food all that much. Wait, didn't he take my waterskin? Oh man, that sucks.

Hmm... I guess I'll try something different. I'm honestly at a loss about what to do, lemme think about it and I'll get back to you.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 22, 2009, 06:38:31 pm »

Just one, okay I hide myself in a tree and shoot at it, aiming for the head.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2009, 06:42:07 pm »

Actually. When we had the cook-off, I handed your waterskin back (or left it there, at least. It depends how you interpret the twin posts). I did take the garlic bulbs, however. At least I can stop worrying about food, now...

Bleh, I have the urge to play my little violin for the sake of dimming my frustration with perspective, but I'll spare you. I should just go rage at something (virtual) and take my mind off it.
Also, thanks for all the kind words and anecdotes. And the little journal entry. I'm a man of detail and the little things mean more to me than most.

Also: I'd prefer not to be referred to as 'paragon', given my screen name. Just refer to me as AP. No need to apologize, I get it all the time.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2009, 07:10:42 pm »

Ok, Zerstorum, your battle has been concluded. You survived and I'll need your Turn 8 action.

And yes, Cius, you do have your waterskin. It's listed as with you in your inventory. I try to keep your sheet up to date with what you have and where it is. So feel free to take a swig.

You can move around a bit now, and you have a burned down fire pit with smooth stones.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2009, 08:09:42 pm »

Ok, Zerstorum, your battle has been concluded. You survived and I'll need your Turn 8 action.

And yes, Cius, you do have your waterskin. It's listed as with you in your inventory. I try to keep your sheet up to date with what you have and where it is. So feel free to take a swig.

You can move around a bit now, and you have a burned down fire pit with smooth stones.

Oh ok, I actually checked there but assumed you had made a mistake. Nice to know you're paying more attention then I am. In any case, I suppose I could take a shot at chucking stones around, for practice. And since I'm thirsty, drink dat water.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2009, 10:46:37 pm »

Nice character Dragnar! You get points for originality. Don't worry about the wait, I have a feeling your turn will come...soon.

And Zestorum! I suggest you make some specialty blunt tipped arrows to deal with zombies/skeletons. Because they're everywhere  :o

And Mr. Person, gratz on learning to walk again!

And to round it out, welcome to the game Tehstefan. Remember, think before you post! With hope, you will not be added to the growing death toll...

Actions

Hmm, try to pick up the trail again, looking for footprints and disturbed earth. It's a long shot, but it might work. Spend about an half of an hour.

If it doesn't work, head back to the quarry, making sure to clean my bowl and refill/drink water on the way. When I get there, if I have any time, start butchering the Goat corpse for bone and pile them up with the old goat and rat bones.

Yes, I plan to make some armor. Even crappy bone armor might absorb one crit before falling apart lol
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:51:27 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:14 pm »

My location is just south of the fortress, my first action is to look around, to get a grip on my bearings.

Reece Worstell for a name. This okay?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:16:19 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53