Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44756 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 12:Oooooh. Shinies!)
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2009, 12:58:32 pm »

Day 2, Turn 13: Weedo su (5!,5!,3!), Mr. Person (5!,5!,2!), Sephiroth (3!), Dwarmin (4!); New order: Weedo su, Mr. Person, Dwarmin, Sephiroth

Weedo su-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. Person-

Dwarmin-

Sephiroth-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eat dat soup. Rest some more. This is going to take forever, if I keep those shitty rolls up.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stay around and attempt to stop the bleeding.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Investigate the bins carefully, if case something jumps out at me or they are trapped somehow.

Then check the ruins of the shop to see if anything usable is left there, or anything interesting.

If I have time, peek through the North door, but don't enter it yet.

Finally, snag a juicy rat corpse (most intact as well, in case I want to use it's pelt later), chuck it over my shoulder and start making my way back to the entrance, and down to my sleeping spot.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 05:00:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Now that I'm back in order here...

Examine the Dias! For traps first. Then for anything interesting/worthwhile. After that, let's head down the ramp.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

Day 2, Turn 14: Order:Weedo su (5!,2!), Mr. Person (6!,2!), Dwarmin (5!,1!), Sephiroth (6!,4!); New order: Sephiroth, Mr. Person, Weedo su, Dwarmin

Acile-

Cius-

Weedo su-

Dwareet'ik-
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:12:31 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stupid RNG hates me, I guess. You lot should be thankful I got rid of the challenge for you, haha.

In any case, I'm kind of out of options here. Short of a bunch of 6 healing rolls or outside assistance, I'm going to be on the floor for a good long while. Kinda wish those rats actually killed me. Have I got anything else to make a bandage out of? I'd be willing to use plants, at this point, but I don't think any are nearby.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don’t expect any trouble from him. Just the same, stick to the shadows and move reasonably fast to get to my safe spot before nightfall, hopefully with a little time to spare.

OOC:
@Anti-paragon:
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I look for leaves and maybe a stick or two to make a splint for my broken arm.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

@Dwarmin

Whoops on the slip with 'dais', that was of the fingers.

Action:
I quickly rush towards the injured naked man. When I reach him, I first look around for any threats before checking his wounds. If I find any threats, I deal with them first (although as my fight-style post states, I may just abandon him if the danger is great)! Anyway, depending on what I diagnose:
If I find a bleeding wound, I'll wash it with a bit of water from my water skin (which is on my mind, since I'm thirsty. I'll take a quaff of it, too.) and then put my hand on the wound and attempt to stop the bleeding with a gentle attempt at healing magic. Regardless if this succeeds or fails, I'll then go briefly into the mushrooms and plants and look for some sort of healing herb or 'shroom cap. If I don't find anything that I am pretty sure is a healing herb I won't use it on him (but I might keep edible things). Finally, realizing I should probably be resting myself within the next few hours, I remove my cloak, carefully roll the man onto it, and slowly drag him back out of the underground jungle and up the ramp (while the traps are disarmed).

I'd do more, but that's about an hour's worth of work - supposing I don't get into a fight, that is. I wouldn't be able to drag him away in that case.

Warlord of Woe

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Axeman : : Legendary Armor user
    • View Profile

It may be a bit late, but I'll take a place in the waiting list.
I am...

Name: Matheu
Race: Human
Class: Knight
Preferred Weapon: Battle axe (two-handed)
Deity: Lugh, the lawful NetHack sun god

He's that cliche armor-clad (at least I hope I can be armor-clad :P)knight, drawn to a life of adventure by the ever-present promise of wonderous riches.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:19:48 pm by Warlord of Woe »
BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD!

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

I have the feeling one of us isn't going to make the night (despite my best efforts). We'll see how the rolls go. Either way. Whomever is next in line should prep for entry in the next few days.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno Mr. Person is in bad shape, but as long as he doesn't get attacked by anything else he will probably recover in time, with your help. Maybe. Depends how much time and resource your willing to give.

Hey, at least if he dies in your hands he might get a proper burial due to your benevolent nature.

If he had died on me I would of skinned him...  ;D

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno Mr. Person is in bad shape, but as long as he doesn't get attacked by anything else he will probably recover in time, with your help. Maybe. Depends how much time and resource your willing to give.

Hey, at least if he dies in your hands he might get a proper burial due to your benevolent nature.

If he had died on me I would of skinned him...  ;D

Note that I don't have any problems with going out swinging. After all, Xom would find that highly amusing. On the other hand, dying in my sleep is not amusing at all, so I'm going to avoid that fate.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

That's what I was getting at, really. If my character gets attacked during the night and it's not something he immediately feels like he could take, tough luck - he's running. He's kind, but not that big of a fool.

Also, just a note for Paulus regarding Weedo Su and potential religions - just so I don't waste half a turn to confirm I want to convert.
Gods of Luck, Karma, or clarity are pretty much auto-chosen.
Gods of shadow, defiance, or combat are fine so long as they are benevolent and are light on the whole 'you can't do this if you believe in me' things.
Everything else will be passed over, generally. Although I may still pay tribute to certain shrines, like ancestry, healing, balance, and peace, but this is more a sign of respect than following them - a passing belief.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53