Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44719 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/Hack/DF) (Turn 13:And BAM!)
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2009, 12:38:28 am »

Dude, I don't starve in roguelikes. I might break my conduct, but I won't starve.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/Hack/DF) (Turn 13:And BAM!)
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2009, 01:45:49 pm »

Turn 14:Order:Zestorum (2!), Mr. Person (1!), Sephiroth (3!), Dwarmin (4!); New order:Dwarmin, Sephiroth, Zestorum, Mr. Person

Dwarmin-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sephiroth- (no action provided)

Zestorum-

Mr. Person-

As part of next turn you will need to tell me where you want to camp for the night. Night-time is considered an 8 hour turn. How defensible your camp location is determines the liklihood of you being interrupted or not. Sleep deprivation and tiredness can lead to very bad rolls. So keep that in mind. And congrats to Dwarmin who managed to make it past an encounter both alive and victorious.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take the crown. Wear it. Take the scepter. Check the coffin. Remove the contents of the coffin. Go up the stairs and continue exploring. When I need to sleep, go back to the coffin, get in, and close it.

At this point, I would be fine with fighting something undead. I would eat a zombie right about now, I really would.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just for clarification Mr. Person. There are no stairs up. And to get to the coffin you'd have to climb up an engraved 30' dais to get there. I'm fine with you trying that. Really. But I want to make sure that's what you really intend.

If you want to go down the ramp exploring instead of up the stairs I can easily oblige you there though. But climbing up and down again will take your turn. Plus all the looting of course.

As for eating zombies... well... you'll have to find them first. Of course... they're also looking to find and eat you, so it should work out well once you know where they are.  ;D

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, I meant down the ramp. In any case, dying by falling isn't any worse than dying by starving, so yes, I do want to climb that shit. But not right now, climb up when the night falls. No reason to climb up, climb down, then climb up again, no?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah, I could have sworn I posted an action. Oh well.

Hide out in my hidey hole for a bit, until the dwarves are gone. If one of them passes real close to me, stab them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Thats right you damn Zombies, this is my house!

Take a drink of water, first.

Try to staunch my immediate bleeding and patch myself up.

Assuming I stay conscious, do a quick search of the area for flint/steel/tinder to start a fire with. (The old campfires are a good place to check and I am in a quarry...)

And assuming I can then start a small fire, clean and cauterize that wound with the a piece of heated steel attached to the end of my staff.

If i'm near death, pray to the Goddess for healing.

I'll be sleeping in this area for tonight. (Remember to shut, and possibly lock the both doors if available.)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enter... Stealthly. Nevermind, I attempt to foresee what is ahead of me.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 15: Order:Dwarmin (2!,4!), Sephiroth (3!), Zestorum (2!,2!), Mr. Person (5!); New order:Mr. Person, Sephiroth, Dwarmin, Zestorum

Mr. Person-

Sephiroth-

Dwarmin-

Zestorum-

Dwarmin, you're ok for night-time actions, unless you want to change any of what you'd said. Unfortunately you passed out a lot and didn't get too much done. Sephiroth, if you're planning on spending the night here that's fine. It may still be a while before the dwarves leave but if you're content to wait them out it's up to you to decide where to sleep. Mr. Person, as of right now I've got you slated to return and climb the dais and sleep in the coffin. Zestorum... I have no idea where you intend to sleep. Letting me pick means you camp outside in front of the fortress.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/Hack/DF) (Turn 15:Salting slugs!)
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2009, 03:25:28 pm »

Get back into that coffin, then. Sleep time. Don't take the goodies yet, wait until the morning to grab them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2009, 04:29:49 pm »

Spend the night in the darkest corner I can fit into.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2009, 05:06:57 pm »

Only addition to above is to eat a piece of meat if I get a chance, cooked if possible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2009, 07:08:52 pm »

Go into the fortress tuck myself into a tight, dark corner and sleep.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:12:45 pm by zestorum »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2009, 11:59:09 am »

Turn 16: Order: Mr. Person (2!,5!), Sephiroth (4!), Dwarmin (3!), Zestorum (2!,1!); New order: Sephiroth, Dwarmin, Mr. Person, Zestorum

Sephiroth-

Dwarmin-

Mr. Person-

Zestorum-
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:51:49 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/Hack/DF) (Turn 16:I slept like the dead!)
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2009, 12:56:46 pm »

Dump the skeleton off to the floor, then crawl in.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53