Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44701 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Settling in for the long night)
« Reply #720 on: February 13, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »

In all seriousness Groveler, neither of our parties has much chance of surviving the night if attacked. Two of three of our group are all busted up, and a magma monster would clean us out easy. Alternatively, your outnumbered, unskilled and wounded. And you have no guard for the night, making an ambush fatal.

For you, we'll all hope Paulus was kidding about the "flesh eating skeletal beetles"...

Tonight, I do believe someone is going to die. Probably me. Or all of us. You guys promise to give me a magma burial right? I won't become a zombie, nuh!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 13, 2010, 01:39:52 pm »

Secretly, Paulus is planning to have me die by getting jammed in the door like a vermin.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 14, 2010, 12:49:54 am »

In all seriousness

Don't get me wrong, I know we're doomed, hehehe! "We're all going to die," remember?  ;)

I'm used to that. My RP background is as a PARANOIA player. There are definite similarities with DF - it's all FUN all the time, your character is only there to be killed in nasty-yet-hilarious ways.

Anyway. If magma beasts are your main concern, perhaps locking yourselves in was a bad idea?
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 14, 2010, 01:04:22 am »

Well, it narrows down what we have to worry about, and means we only have to be careful about the lava. One person can watch that while the others sleep, and wake someone up when they see something.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2010, 05:33:36 am »

To summon it up, we choose the lesser of two evils. There's no where safe to sleep in the Fortress of Bones, when you come right down to it.

Behind a locked door with your back to a wall is the best you can get. Even if that wall has a tiny hole in it...meh, can't control fate.  ;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 14, 2010, 10:10:35 pm »

I'm pretty safe. All I need to worry about is some crazy putting Elbereth near the do- oh, wait.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 15, 2010, 02:06:46 am »

I dont have high hopes for the goblin, but the rest of you should be fine if you keep watch regularly. The goblin's screams of agony should get your attention easily enough and you do have a healer in the group which really helps.

As for paragon's character, hes probably the safest. He's in one of the most likely protected areas, what with the dwarves there cleaning house, hes healthy, moderatly skilled, in a defensible place near others, has a decent weapon (could be better, a mace or an axe would be best in his situation), has set an alarm for himself incase of intruders and has good thick walls around him. Even then, its best to be careful, those dwarves may change their minds if properly persuaded to do so or in a misunderstanding with lethal results.

Caution is the better part of valor.  ;)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 18, 2010, 07:24:43 pm »

Day 5, Turn: Night: Order:Ajax (4!), The goblin (2!), Reece (3!), Dwareet'ik (4!), Dragnar (2!); New order: Ajax, Dwareet'ik, Reece, Dragnar, The goblin

Ajax-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwareet'ik, Reece and Dragnar-

The goblin-

(Weather:5!) The sky clears up sometime during the night and though the temperature drops enough to see your breath the early morning sky is bright blue and looks to remain clear for the day. Not that any of you can see that. (Sigh, good weather is wasted on those indoors.)

((Looks like everyone got lucky on the night-time rolls. I'm kind of disappointed. Perhaps I'm going soft. Or everyone is becoming paranoid enough now... Ah well, I'm sure someone will die soon enough. Heh. Even if it is only of starvation.))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:26:49 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:A bright dawn for nobody to see!)
« Reply #728 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:22 pm »

Zomg, still alive!  :o
@Drag: Finish mah armor! Just finish the chest piece and we'll call it a deal.

@Tehs: I suggest, you better get a move on-take the Goblin with you and explore the area we cleared out of zombies.

While resting, I should be able to walk in 2 or 3 turns...

Actions
Drink some of my kobold stew for breakfast then

try to enter a restful meditative state to reinvigorate myself. Rest, mostly.

OR

If I get a rat to butcher, do so. Also,

EDIT EDIT: Butcher Everything! I will try to save the blood, warm it up with heated coals and drink it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:46:50 am by Dwarmin »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:56 pm »

Alright, I'll finish Dwarmin's armor, then if I have time I'll look around for any way to access those engravings. I mean, who would build something that is meant to be read, but cannot be reached?
*Thinks of all the stupid things dwarves do constantly* Oh, right...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 18, 2010, 10:55:29 pm »

Well, let's get that door unjammed and head on out.
Take a good look around to make sure there is no goblins outside, then head to the pond (or whatever watersource I used earlier) and fill my waterskin while drinking my fill. Supposing that doesn't take long, time to stealthily stalk some prey.

Edit:
If there is goblins directly outside. Don't engage them. Try to sneak by and if they spot me try to bluff them into thinking I'm on their side and stealthing around because I heard dwarves.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:47:40 am by Anti-Paragon »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:36 pm »

Now, do I have another strip of turtle, or is that erroneous?

In any case, I'll do just that, walk outside, get the goblin, and start to head him towards the emptied out place. If I have turtle, eat it, if not, search for any sign of food. I need something, anything.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 18, 2010, 11:25:28 pm »

Tehs, Groveller should have some food, if he butchered that rat...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 18, 2010, 11:29:24 pm »

Hrrm true, but I doubt he would be willing to fork it over, to be honest.  I always found it suspect in these games as well, people starve in a few days. No one would starve that fast! Takes at least a few weeks to starve to death.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:46 am »

Hrrm true, but I doubt he would be willing to fork it over, to be honest.  I always found it suspect in these games as well, people starve in a few days. No one would starve that fast! Takes at least a few weeks to starve to death.

Lemme hang a lampshade over that...heh.

We can assume in the world we play in, nearly all beings are affected by whatever magical or spiritual forces allow skeletons to walk, enable a mangled limb to heal in 2 days, or a human to hew a Goblin in two with a single sword, or even allow a kobold to kill something 3 times his height with a stick.

This power, comes at a price-in times of great stress, injury or perhaps even divine intervention, these same powers we are blessed with, take a greater toll on our physical bodies, causing us to age faster, and drain our bodies of vital nutrition much faster than would a normal man. Such is the adventurers plight-the potential to gain treasure and acclaim beyond his peers, but be doomed to burn away his life like a candles flame.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53