Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44716 times)

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:The long road of recovery!!!)
« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2010, 07:23:06 am »

I sacrifice some* of the corpses (priority: human, elf, goblin) to my dark Lady, and stash the hearts (of the non-zombies) in my donkey leather bag for myself. Then I'll drag the freshest looking demon rat corpse back to the others (if I can find them). I suggest we take watches, and offer to stand first watch.

*It has been quite a while since I, the player, have hacked open a human's ribcage and removed the heart as part of a foul ritual to gain the favour of powers dark and strange, so I can't remember exactly how many I could get through in an hour while still leaving myself enough time to bring home a demonic rodent for tea. I'll leave Paulus to decide how many I can manage.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:The long road of recovery!!!)
« Reply #706 on: February 12, 2010, 02:11:24 pm »

Day 5, Turn 16: Order: Reece (4!,2!,3!), Dwareet'ik (4!,2!,1!), Dragnar (2!), Ajax (5!), The goblin (4!,6!); New order: Ajax, The goblin, Reece, Dwareet'ik, Dragnar

Ajax-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The goblin-

Reece-

Dwareet'ik-

Dragnar-

Ok, I'll be out of town this weekend+, but feel free to post what defensive actions you're taking. Include specifics. It may just help you survive the night.

Oh, and keep in mind, from now on, all PVP actions and any covert or secret actions should be handled in PM with me. Feel free to post whatever you want publicly when doing things like that. Just let me know you're true actions in PM.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Settling in for the long night)
« Reply #707 on: February 12, 2010, 02:59:55 pm »

Maybe I should of used a rotisserie...and man, I murdered Mr. Person for that pot. Easy come easy go! And his body goes out in an eerily similar way in the same turn. No ironic zombie of my fallen foe ftw!

Okay, so I don't think we can plug up the LAVA. And Imp's are the least of our worries! A magma man would be bad. So would a magma spider, if Paulus is playing a modded game  :o

I would suggest we all 3 of us take turns on watch. I'll take first watch, since I'm a hero.

@Dragnar: Can you hand me your bone carving tools, I'll whittle something out of these turtle remains...I'll also need a metal poker of some sort...

Actions
I'll take 1st watch, and wake Dragnar up after 1/3 of the night has passed, and he will hopefully wake up Tehs afterwards...

I'll drink the blood before it coagulates, and snag my hopefully now cooled Helmet from the rack.

Keep a wary eye on the magma forge, since it is the only conceivable threat...I'll also listen to see if anyone is trying to jimmy open the door.

I'll spend my time whittling amusing images onto turtle bones, one preferably being

"This is an masterful image of a kobold and human by Dwareetik. The Human is cringing. The kobold is striking down the human. The artwork relates to the killing of Cius the monk by Dwareetik in the Fortress of Bones, year unknown"

I'm saving the shell, so don't touch that.

Oh Goddess, so much can go wrong tonight.

EDIT: Okay, screw dat sheeet!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:06:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 12, 2010, 04:30:34 pm »

I look at the raw turtle meat, and try and eat it, I mean, I'm starving, some foods better than no food right? After, I try and go to sleep right away.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2010, 05:54:41 pm »

Okay, so I don't think we can plug up the LAVA. And Imp's are the least of our worries! A magma man would be bad. So would a magma spider, if Paulus is playing a modded game 

((Mwuahahahaha. No seriously, this is a modded game (Legendary Lands, in addition to Crawl and Hack based monsters). There are all sorts of other magma based creatures. Like Fire maidens. Think the seducing powers of a nymph, coupled with a creature composed of magma resilient body types. HOT doesn't even describe it.  ;D Plus other really nasty baddies!
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 12, 2010, 06:16:10 pm »

I was hoping to at least put something on top of the opening, not stop the flow entirely, but oh well... lets hope for a good luck roll.  8)

I'll read a few more of the engravings on the walls, searching for anything that might relate to the destruction of the fort(unlikely to be here, I know, but I'm feeling Lucky!) or runecrafting.

@Dragnar: Can you hand me your bone carving tools, I'll whittle something out of these turtle remains...I'll also need a metal poker of some sort...
Sure, as for the poker, my old sword would work.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 12, 2010, 08:39:25 pm »

Yeah. Imma poke an open, bleeding wound with a magma heated sword. What could go wrong?

;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 12, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

I don't wasnt to give paulus any ideas here, but i'd imagine that it would be very very bad.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 12, 2010, 09:03:34 pm »

Yeah. Imma poke an open, bleeding wound with a magma heated sword. What could go wrong?

;D
...actually it's a sword corroded by the acid of a rust monster... that might be worse...much worse.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 12, 2010, 09:06:27 pm »

Suicidal act, canceled!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 12, 2010, 09:08:50 pm »

No! You must do it, for SCIENCE! We must know if a kobold can rust, or if the acid is poisonous![/sarcasm]

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 13, 2010, 12:03:30 am »

Even in the darkness I should be oriented enough to put some faggots against the inside of the secret door and then just hit the hay. Or backpack, as it were. Keep my crossbow loaded anyway.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 13, 2010, 01:54:48 am »

I try to stay awake through the night, but in the most comfortable (hopefully it should be warm enough with all the magma nearby) resting position I can manage, keeping the dagger in my less injured hand. In case I do drift off, though, I leave my rat corpse and bag-o-hearts lying in the middle of the corridor, in the hope that anything shambling along in the dark would trip over them and wake me up.

If I am attacked, I'll yell for the others, and try to stay out of reach of the enemy until help arrives. If help is not forthcoming, I'll try to out-run the enemy (zombies are slow, right?) either to lose them or find some place I can shut them out of, like closing the trap door near the trade depot.

Oh, and if things get really desperate, I'll try a prayer.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:02:51 pm by Groveller »
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 13, 2010, 11:58:12 am »

Zombies are slow, but that doesn't guarantee you'll be able to outrun anything that attacks you in the night.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 13, 2010, 12:02:08 pm »

Shutupshutupshutup!

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53