Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44715 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Galloping goblins!!!)
« Reply #690 on: January 30, 2010, 10:55:21 pm »

No problem at all I just need to eat!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 31, 2010, 12:59:29 am »

You could also use the shell as a bowl to eat from! Don't forget to drink the turtle blood too, it may not taste nice but it should keep you hydrated.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2010, 05:03:24 am »

*Knocks sappers off Paulus with wrench*

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2010, 06:04:55 am »

MEDIC!!!  ;D

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Hordes and Hordes of zombies!!!)
« Reply #694 on: February 04, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »

((Well, let's not joke too much about that. Our daughter got really sick over the weekend and had to be taken into the hospital early Monday morning. Apparently she had pneumonia that had begun settling in her lungs. Half of us, myself included are a little sick and I've had a big deadline come due this week. (Now taken care of.) The turn is finished and Dragnar's luck and good aim saved him from a potentially nasty ambush that I really wanted to take place, but when he rolls a 6!,6! what can I really do about it? Anyways, feel free to post again, and I'll try to get in another turn tomorrow.))
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 04, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »

I'll finish up the armor, then look to see where the imp got in from.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 04, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »

(Well Wishing:4!)
I hope you and your family get better soon Paul.

(Attempt at humor:1)!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 05, 2010, 06:06:49 am »

Hopefully you didn't take our lighthearted bumps across any nerves. We're just showing our appreciation for all the fun you've given us by keeping the thread up.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, probably, but I can't help it.

Well wishes to your daughter. I have plenty of empathy, for my own reasons.

*cough*
To the thread!

Great, a worn out lantern is exactly what I hoped for!
I inform him that I was thinking along the same lines and ask what he had in mind. Have I offered the goat meat yet?

I'll probably accept his offer, even if it's dangerous, but not if it's really crazy. I should probably depart after this. It's probably very late into the day.
- actually, if it's not beyond my station, I'll try to politely inquire if the Trader knows any safe places I could rest for a while.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:13:34 am by Anti-Paragon »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 09, 2010, 07:35:53 pm »

((No, it takes quite a bit to actually bother my nerves A-P. And I don't 'game' the dice to get outcomes I want. I might make up the scenarios, but if you roll well enough there's always a way out. Contrarily, if you roll terribly there's always a chance you will die. Painfully. Which, in reality, means that given enough time all of you will die eventually.  ;D))

Day 5, Turn 15: Order: The goblin (3!), Reece (5!,6!), Ajax (4!), Dwareet'ik (5!,3!,6!), Dragnar (5!,3!,4!); New order: Reece, Dwareet'ik, Dragnar, Ajax, The goblin

Reece-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwareet'ik-

Dragnar-

Ajax-

The goblin-

As a reminder, after the next round it is officially night time. Please provide details of where, when, how you're sleeping and any precautions you're taking.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:44:37 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:The long road of recovery!!!)
« Reply #699 on: February 09, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

I recommend we find something to cover the other forge, so no imps can get out. After that, this room is probably the most secure place we have found yet so we should probably stay here for the night.

for now though, Finish that armor, I am getting paid for this after all!

Good point, I'll get Dwarmin his leather, then block off the second forge's magma with some debris. Weren't there some empty metal bins in here?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:09:31 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 09, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm all for sleeping in this here forge room. Don't know what to do if we get attacked by imps though...

@Dragnar: You won't have time to finish my armor without losing sleep. Finish it tomorrow, all right? Also, you can you fetch my rat leather from it's rack, your like the only one who can walk, and help us secure the room, if you like.

@Tehs: I suggest you trash your cape, cut it into bandages-I'll help apply them to ya wounds. It's already fairly damaged....

Actions
I'll be sleeping in this room, after lay some heavy stuff against the door. If Drag gets my leather, I'll use that as a improvised blanket/bedroll. Just rest I guess. If Tehs gets some strips of leather/cloth, help him bandage his wounds.

In addition, butcher the turtle and warm it up, using my pot and coals from the forge. Try to collect the blood in a bowl so I can haz delicious drink.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:16:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 09, 2010, 09:08:15 pm »

I'll state that I'll add goblins to my list of things to hunt, but if I'm going to do any serious damage I might need a sturdy weapon in my hand. Something reliable, you know?
I'll also say that I'll guard the secret door for you, but state that it gives me the creeps that some loon wrote 'Elbereth' (or if that's taboo, insinuate the name) on the floor near the secret door. That's just a bad omen all around! Still, I'll do it.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2010, 12:19:34 am »

Okay guys, lets at least try and find some way to cook my turtle. I do need to get it butchered somehow, so if any of you know how to clean, that would be great. Oh, and ask for the dagger back, can't be too careful.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2010, 01:03:56 am »

I've got 2/4 unskilled butchery and a knife Tehs, I can handle yer turtle (hopefully), and get my shell in the process. And cook it too, if you can lend me a bit of your water. Turtle soup ftw!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2010, 01:16:45 am »

Better than what I have, I think a fat zero. In any case, works for meh! I give dwar the turtle, let him clean it. Better roll a five now!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53