Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44721 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:The war council of the Depot!!!)
« Reply #660 on: January 23, 2010, 01:28:57 am »

I let the goblin armor himself, but make sure he doesn't weaponize himself. He can wear armor, but a weapon will have to wait.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2010, 03:47:08 am »

May as well take the goblin weapons with you, he can arm himself later if need be and you can restrain him with the whip, not to mention you could use the weapons themselves.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2010, 12:38:12 pm »

You heard what he said guys, lets get moving! Eventually, we will run out of food and water...so don't waste turns asking a Goblin a single question :P

@ Dragnar-get started working on the armor and weapons or whatnot in the forge room.

my order btw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tehs, scout the North passageway, bringing the Goblin along with you.

Actions

Hopefully, let Dragnar measure me for armor fitting, then...

Start scouting-I want to check past the North door, indicated here...

On the north wall lie the shattered remains of another set of double doors, these leading into darkness.

I'm sneaking of course.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 23, 2010, 03:31:35 pm »

Good point, after getting an answer from the goblin, I'll get to work measuring Dwarmin and forging his armor as requested.

How long do I have before I need more alcohol? There's no counter telling me how drunk my character is.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 24, 2010, 12:46:07 am »

Considering it was 'mild buzz' before 'faint tingle', I think you're dreadfully sober after this turn.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 24, 2010, 01:00:06 am »

...that could be bad. I'm gonna need to find the brewery after this.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 24, 2010, 04:10:04 pm »

Yes, lead the goblin into the double doors, first, of course, though not far behind him. If he gets attacked, I'd rather help him than leave him to his fate.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 24, 2010, 07:55:02 pm »

A meatshield/bait/sacrificial lamb/prisoner/trap finder/distraction device/monster food/pack mule/slave/disposable indiana jones is ALWAYS useful! Better to keep him alive as long as possible so to have as many uses as possible.  ;D

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:30 pm »

Day 5, Turn 13: Order: Reece (3!,3!), Ajax (1!), Dragnar (6!), Dwareet'ik (3!,2!), the goblin (2!); New order: Dragnar, Reece, Dwareet'ik, the goblin, Ajax

Dragnar-

Reece and the goblin-

Dwareet'ik-

Ajax-

As a note: I hate running NPC's, which is why they tend to get killed rather quickly. Therefore, I've decided to try something different with the goblin prisoner and have bumped up Groveller's place in the lineup. I apologize to Kel, who was technically in line ahead of him. I'd rather have an extra person for a bit than deal with an NPC. So, welcome Groveller, whose character is 'the goblin'. As a note, he ate all the goblin food and drink, and the only equipment (other than clothes) are what he pilfered off the other goblins. He also starts out wounded according to the beating he took in becoming a prisoner. So he's got advantages and disavantages of starting out as he does. He's with a group that, apparently, doesn't want to kill him yet. But neither do they trust him much. Additionally, he's probably got a grudge against Dwareet'ik for the thrashing and subsequent burning of the bridge. Add into that the fact that he's a priest class and Dwareet'ik is a shaman and things may get interesting. Nonetheless, let the exploration resume!

Groveller, you have until Thursday to post your first action, at which point I'll find some needlessly cruel way to kill off your character. (I mean, if you haven't posted by then I'll find some way... of course, no survival guarantees either.)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Galloping goblins!!!)
« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2010, 03:49:23 pm »

Could I get a spot on the waiting list? Been following this for a while and I love it. ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2010, 03:53:19 pm »

Great. I go back and talk to the Kobold, saying there's a group of zomies headed our way, and we should probably take cover.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2010, 07:14:13 pm »

Welcome to the game groveler-about the beating and subsequent imprisonment..no hard feelings, right? ;)

We can deal with a few zombies easy...I suggest we each pair off on a single zombie.

Actions
I'll prepare to ambush the incoming zombies, concentrating on a seperate target than my fellows. No magic use this time, and if I have to retreat (parameters remain being 3 or more zombies facing less than that on my team able to fight, and at least one of our guys out of action), go find Dragnar!

EDITED: I will move far away from any crazy Dwarf that might happen to enter the room with a bowl of lava...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:44:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 25, 2010, 07:54:12 pm »

For the most part I'll dejectedly follow my captors, muttering in broken Common about the "cruelty of stramble, leaving poor broken goblin in omur," and hissing at the kobold any time he gets too close.

If combat with the dead becomes an issue, I'll try to stay out of the way until a "friendly" character engages an opponent, then, screeching a Goblin prayer to (pending), try to knock that opponent to the floor. If an opponent is prone, I'll get the boot in. And repeat. (Dwarmin's plan sounds fine, but even aside from any dislike I have for him, I am unarmed and one armed.)

As an aside, Legendary Lands is needed to view legends for this. And anyway, I don't know which civ the besiegers are from. My intended deity is whatever demon they follow. Paulus, could you get me any of those details?

Even further aside, hi guys! Looking forward to a horrible death, presumably with your help.  ::)

Dwarmin: none at all! And I hope you'll also harbour no ill will after I extract sweet (rational, impersonal, entirely coincidental) vengeance! ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:14:41 pm by Groveller »
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:21 pm »

I always have terrible rolls. I'm as bad a dice roller as I am a cook.

Hmm.
This stuff is all tripe. I'll probably try to barter a lantern from him instead of take any of this, but if that won't happen, I may just take a few stone trinkets as to not piss them off by not taking anything.
When the trader comes, that is.
Ugh.
I'll grab one of the more expensive looking trinkets and attempt to appraise it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 25, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »

So... we managed to anger not one, but TWO groups of zombies in one turn?

This might be a very, very bad idea, but After Dwarmin warns me of the zombies, I'll hand him his new helmet, then use some of the tools in the workshop(there has to be something concave and metal around here) to carry some magma toward the zombie's location.

Yes, my plan is to throw magma at the zombies.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53