Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44728 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:There are survivors?)
« Reply #630 on: January 13, 2010, 06:46:06 pm »

What about undue haste?

I will not answer that response with an indignity. Q-o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 14, 2010, 08:48:46 am »

Tehs, you need to amend your actions. I already have everyone's waterskins. If your coming out too, lets you and I stick together.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 14, 2010, 01:28:13 pm »

That is true... Dwareet'ik has all the empty skins. Dragnar suggested you go out and try to find food, not water. Please confirm what sort of food you'll be looking for if you choose to do that. Plant, animal or fish. The goblin food is inedible for human and dwarf consumption.

Oh, and Zako, you're on the list.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 14, 2010, 10:28:50 pm »

I look mainly for animal or fish, though if I see any promising plants. And yes, lets stick together no matter what, getting attacked together is better than being attacked alone. Also, practice sneaking whenever possible.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 15, 2010, 03:49:44 am »

Just had a thought on that rust monster oil you got dwarmin. If you, for example, smear a thin coating on the edges of, say, Reece's wooden longsword, you have a weapon that when it hits metal, will quickly destroy it. Same thing if you do this with stone tipped arrow heads or thrown rocks, so you have, in effect, armor destroying ammunition!

Just a thought you might want to keep in mind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:39 am »

Good idea Zako! That stuff is game breakingly good.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 15, 2010, 07:28:12 pm »

Day 5, Turn 9: Order:Dragnar (5!), Dwareet'ik (4!,5!), Ajax (1!), Reece (4!,1!); New order: Dragnar, Dwareet'ik, Reece, Ajax

Dragnar-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwareet'ik and Reece-

Ajax-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Water water everywhere...)
« Reply #637 on: January 15, 2010, 07:38:46 pm »

I'll give the goblin a bit of the food(not like I can eat it anyway), then try to determine why they are laying siege to an abandoned fortress.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 15, 2010, 08:53:50 pm »

Okay, if we're lucky we have ONE turn to gather up whatever food and supplies we need before the Goblins come, now that Tehs has informed me In-character that one escaped. Tehs, I'll need to hear your actions...if one us can't make it, the other will have to destroy the bridge, possibly leaving the other stranded...

Actions
Fan out and do a search for edible plants, OR a bird's nest with some tasty eggs. Depending on which terrain I am searching in-a forested area, I will climb a tree, a marshy area, I will search for plants. Do this for 30 mins, or 1/2 of my turn, and I am rushing, so penalties should be applied.

I will inform Tehs to meet me back at the foot of the rope bridge in 30 minutes no matter what...

Eat any eggs I find immediately.

If I see more than 1 Goblin on the horizon, or my searching is done, call to Tehstefan and run back across the rope bridge, at which point I light my Torch and burn down the bridge, to deny the Gobbos an easy path. I would prefer Tehs be on the safe side before I do so...

Then continue back down to where Dragnar is.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:14:10 pm by Dwarmin »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 15, 2010, 09:09:33 pm »

I look around for any animals or fish, and by the way, I try and keep around a central area, so I'm never too far away from the Kobold, or at least within shouting distance, so I can hear him, and he can hear me.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2010, 03:30:11 am »

Hmm. I don't like this. I mean, they're dwarves and probably trade with them, but there's stories of those crazy dwarves that lay siege on everyone. What if these are them? That would explain why they're hidden away instead of milling about the fort. But then again the dwarf didn't seem malicious, if a bit blunt. Clearly the tension of waiting is killing my character, especially with a failing torch. If I leave though, I might as well leave the meat as a good gesture, just in case I'm wrong.

How about I take a paranoia roll. If it passes(or fails, depending on how you look at it), I stay, and try to trade for a lamp or something (for now). If it don't, they're clearly rounding up a trader murder squad or pulling their doomsday switch or whatever those bearded little psychopaths do. If I bail, then I'll probably explore more of the courtyard. Maybe round out my meat and bread diet with some herbs and fruits/vegetables.

This character amuses me, and I feel he's going to get more and more paranoid as we go along.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2010, 10:03:47 am »

Yeah, your not standing under a drawbridge right, Anti-Paragon?  :P

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2010, 11:59:26 pm »

That's the problem. My wood bundles only have a 20' radius. There could be a huge drawbridge right over me and I wouldn't know it!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 18, 2010, 12:04:25 am »

These dwarves have lived here for many, many years. They won't have something as simple as a drawbridge, that would be far too painless...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 18, 2010, 03:40:29 am »

And quick.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53