Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44734 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Dwarven snipers!)
« Reply #615 on: January 08, 2010, 12:06:50 am »

I rolled horribly this round. raeg.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 08, 2010, 12:39:31 pm »

(Heh, for all you know in the DF setting, Elbereth was the name of some mad elven general who slaughtered his way across the continent and enslaved other races until a kobold wench killed him in his sleep and then fed him to the dogs. But sure... write it if it makes you feel better.  ;)

I'll finish the battle today hopefully.)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 08, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »

... Maybe it just makes everyone else feel threatened. <.<
I stand by my scrawlings! Maybe I'm slightly insane.
Er, the character. I'm well aware of my own insanity.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 09, 2010, 05:43:33 pm »

That's a good lesson-Some place, somewhere a Kobold is always waiting for you to go to sleep. @_@
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

The Battle is finished and exp. has been awarded. Sorry it took so long. Turns may recommence. Though keep in mind injuries and food levels. Dragnar, you're in pretty bad shape and penalties will be applied next turn to most actions. Reece, you're also nearly hungry and thirsty so penalties will begin to apply to you soon as well.

Dwareet'ik, you're in a bad mood now since you prefer to avoid conflict. You are glad you didn't have to kill the goblin, but he is your group prisoner now. You'll have to deal with him somehow.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 11, 2010, 09:35:17 pm »

I'll use some clean(er) scraps of cloth from the fallen goblins to bandage my wounds.

Afterward I'll drink the last of my water and eat a bit more of the meat.

If there's time I'll also look around to see what sort of supplies the goblins had. You would have to be pretty stupid to send out a scouting expedition without at least a few days food/water.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2010, 09:11:49 am »

@Tehstefan-Get to Interrogating our prisoner. Learn how many Goblins are here, what is there purpose and how long until they will reach us. I'll leave it up to you if want to try hard/soft tactics or if you wan't to let him go afterwards.

So, it's probably more Goblins outside...I'll go and see while trying to refill. If we're lucky it might be Dwarves who appreciate Goblin killing, or someone else entirely.

I'm assuming you guys consent to me borrowing your waterskins, though. We could move together if you like, it would probably be smarter...in which case I'll stay and help heal some more.

I'm thinking we can destroy the rope bridge and slow them down, at least until they build a replacement, but that would obviously cut us off from that path. Again, we'll see what happens...

Actions
Heal Dragnars wounds with magic. Also, help search and help divide all Goblin loot among us.

Then I'll drop my bag to lower my carrying weight, take everyone's empty waterskins and make a dash for my water source outside, at which point I reach it I will refill and return, after sating my own thirst of course. I'll also attempt to retrieve my leather.

Though I will likely run into Goblins or whatever, at which point, I will flee if discovered.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 12, 2010, 10:58:29 am »

I'll interrogate the prisoner, if I can speak to him, and try and see how many goblins there are, what they are doing here, and how quickly they plan on entering this fort.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 12, 2010, 01:47:37 pm »

Day 5, Turn 8: Order:Ajax (2!,6!), Dragnar (5!), Reece (2!,1!), Dwareet'ik  (3!); New order: Dragnar, Dwareet'ik, Ajax, Reece

Dragnar-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwareet'ik-

Ajax-

Reece-

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:There are survivors?)
« Reply #624 on: January 12, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »

Inform the dwarf I ask for no violence. State that I'm simply a curious ranger of a neighboring civilization and came to explore what I thought were ruins.

If the topic holds no hostility, perhaps ask for the chance for some trade. Perhaps offer up one of my well-cooked goat roasts as a gesture of good faith if she seems to need convincing.

Hmm. This character isn't supposed to be as nice as Weedo-Su but either way if she wants you out, get out. She's wearing a lot more armor than you and has tons of advantages. Try not to bring up gender, either. That can only lead to trouble if I'm wrong.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 12, 2010, 06:38:50 pm »

I recommend that I take over interrogating the prisoner for now, while tehstefan goes to gather food. Someone has to watch him, and my mobility is impaired at the moment.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:53 pm »

Okay, I'll go grab your waterskins, and then search for the nearest river, anything that might hold water capable enough to drink.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 12, 2010, 08:53:27 pm »

Can I get on the waiting list for this? This seems real good!

Name: Olon Mikurst
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male
Class: Slayer
Weapon: 1 handed battleaxe

He approaches from the west.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 12, 2010, 10:37:59 pm »

Actions
I'll continue on with the previous stated actions...with all due haste!

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 13, 2010, 05:49:07 pm »

What about undue haste?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53