Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44736 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:A sword is forged anew!)
« Reply #600 on: December 21, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »

@Tehs: The only water source I know is back were we came in, it's pretty close. And Guess what the Goblin army needs? Water!

@Dragnar:
Actually, The Goblins are probably here to kill everyone and stick their heads on pikes, just saying. The scouts, if that was what I saw, will be moving forward, not back-which means they are probably heading our way. They really hate Dwarves-judging by the racial enemy trait for Goblin characters. They would kill you on site Drag. Me and Tehs might fare a little better, but I really doubt it.

See, the Gobbos have an army at their back, so they are in a dominant position in all transactions....we wouldn't get a fair deal from them even if they were angels.

I say we murder the scouts, skin them and hang their corpses outside the fortress walls. That might scare them away for awhile, or at least force them to proceed cautiously.  Or you guys can try to talk to them all peacefully...either way, its a problem that has to be dealt with.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2009, 09:37:52 pm »

Nah. We need to get water ASAP however, so killing the scouts might just be our best idea.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:20 pm »

You're probably right, plus the goblins should have plenty of supplies. It would be nice to know why they're here, but none of us are really all that stealthy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 23, 2009, 02:19:27 pm »

Hey, do gauntlets protect me any? and

I ask Dragnar if perhaps we should go somewhere for water, since my supplies are low, and if he agrees, move towards the exit of the fortress.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 23, 2009, 02:23:15 pm »

Agreed. Let's try to ambush the goblins, take their supplies, then head for water if they don't have any.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 24, 2009, 09:57:56 am »

Okay, lets talk strategy...the Goblins were, as the last night, behind a row of traps which they may have already run into, or not. This will cover our retreat if we have to.

I say we sneak up on them-if they are asleep, kill as many as we can before they wake, if they are active, I will make them angry and draw them into a trap which Drag and Tehs will spring. If you guys have strategies, or better ones, speak up!

Actions
I will sneak up on the Goblins, where I last saw them-they might have moved, so take that into account. Depending on their status and numbers, our plans will be decided then. Drag and Tehs will stay behind me, but near, and prepared to ambush if I bring anyone back. I will do the scouting, and run back to them if detected.

Actions totally final!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:50:17 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 04, 2010, 04:46:13 pm »

Day 5, Turn 6; Order: Dragnar (6!,4!), Ajax (1!), Reece (2!), Dwareet'ik (6!,1!); Order: Dragnar, Dwareet'ik, Reece, Ajax

Dragnar, Dwareet'ik and Reece-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ajax-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 5:Dwarven snipers!)
« Reply #607 on: January 04, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »

It's alive! Our game might have of actually survived the winter break! Woohoo!

From what I gather there's at most 4 of them. The one who saw me, the leader, and one patching up another injured one....and apparently I'm not a very good decoy. Now to see if everybody comes back.

@Paulus-Did I see how well armed the Goblin was? Was he wearing leather, or more like mail armor?

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 04, 2010, 06:33:31 pm »

You did see his attire, though only in passing. He was wearing exclusively leather or cloth. He had a leather whip. And there was one other goblin in the room as well, similarly attired but wielding a long-dagger.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 04, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »

Okay, we try and figure out how to attack them, probably rushing one while he's looking away, hopefully killing him.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 04, 2010, 08:48:57 pm »

The one with the whip should not be too dangerous if we can attack him at close range. The one with the dagger is the leader type though-I say one of us gets whippy, the other two get the leader.

And it seems we have a few moments to strike before the other 2 arrive, at least...though I suspect they might run if we kill one or two, and if one gets away, we're pretty much boned.

Tactically, this is madness. They have a nice bottleneck here. I doubt we can sneak up on them....they have a good defense position. Luckily, they are not anyway near heavily armed. We can take them.

I'm going to compile our battle plan into one action to help Paulus sort it out easy.

Actions-Battle Plan
We try to sneak up on them as best we can-I rush the one wielding the whip, Dragnar and Tehstefan rush the one with the knife. I keep the whip guy occupied-when he is disabled or dead, go to help Drag and Tehs with whoever they are attacking by throwing a curse or two before entering melee.

If any of the other Goblins who enter have long range weapons like spears/whips/bows, I will rush that one and fight at close range.

Strategy-For me to close for melee on my primary target and to keep him/her from using a long ranged weapon on drag and tehs while they fight the ones with melee weapons. If I am not being directly targeted or fighting one on one with an enemy, I will back off and cast curses, particularly ones that would help Drag and Tehs kill them faster, like slowing or pain inducing ones.

Also, pursue retreating enemies as best we can to keep them from escaping-I will attempt to cut off any single Goblin that tries to leave the room before all the others are dead, if I am not occupied.

If there is 1 enemy left at any time, all of us will attempt to capture and disarm him instead of killing.

That's about it. If any of you guys want to add anything, go ahead!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:11:41 am by Dwarmin »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 05, 2010, 10:25:16 am »

Leader or not, he only has a knife. Either me or tehstefan should have little trouble taking him down by staying out of range. Dwarmin can probably close with the whip-goblin quickly. Also, I think we should try to take the injured goblin prisoner.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 06, 2010, 09:24:45 pm »

Prep that Otter!

I suppose I should try tanning those skins some way. I'm not too familiar with Tanning techniques. Hopefully my character has better knowledge.
Take the meat, bones, teeth, skull, and one chunk of offal should I produce it while butchering.

Should I have time to, I'll try to make more suitable torches by stripping loose wood or dryish burnable fodder. Two turns each isn't exactly great.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 07, 2010, 05:45:51 pm »

Day 5, Turn 7: Order:Dragnar (3!,1!), Dwareet'ik (1!), Reece (2!), Ajax (3!,2!); New order: Ajax, Dragnar, Reece, Dwareet'ik (Goblins:4!)

Ajax-

Dragnar, Reece, Dwareet'ik-
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:52:34 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 07, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »

Hmm. I'm at the secret door entrance, right? I'm going to take some of the Otter's blood (with my finger) and write 'Elbereth' on the floor right against the secret door. I guess I'll head in with my makeshift torches. Cautiously.

It's a good luck thing from my civilization. Clearly. Yes, that's it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:13:31 pm by Anti-Paragon »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53