Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44746 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

We are trying to block the door, then get to the end of the hallway, while looking for anything heavy enough that we could use to block the door.
I'll help with this.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

Day 4, Turn 16: Order:Dwareet'ik (1!,5!), Reece (6!,3!,1!), Ajax (1!,6!), Dragnar (6!,3!,3!); New Order: Dragnar, Reece, Ajax, Dwareet'ik (Monster:4! (So before Dwareet'ik but after Reece and Dragnar))

Ajax-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dragnar, Reece, Dwareet'ik-
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:41:13 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 16:Not the face!!!)
« Reply #557 on: December 10, 2009, 08:11:06 pm »

I recommend we go back into the room that we were just in, and see if there is anything interesting, or defensible about it. Also. Boyah. Killing blow for the win.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 10, 2009, 08:27:38 pm »

No! Clean my sword! Quickly!
Edit: after the gunk is cleaned off use the strengthen metal rune to repair the damage.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:58:38 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 10, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

Oh yeah, help him with that
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 10, 2009, 10:13:01 pm »

Actions

Time for rest-eat my bread and take a drink of water, then follow Drag and Tehs and sleep wherever they do. Got not much choice...

Also, I check the beasts corpse, see if I can harvest any of that metal corroding goo and store it in my stone mug, for later use....seal off the top of the mug with a string from my clothes and cloth, using one of the old bandages, if we're being precise.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 11, 2009, 08:52:20 am »

Roll to snore.

The tag on the last turn is damaged, if you didn't catch that Paulus.

Anyway, if I'm attacked in the night... if they're beyond the traps, just shoot at them. If they're beyond the grate still, shoot them when they try to come in. Supposing they survive that, try to throw them into the traps. If it's a pack of animals or the like, it might be smart to try to bait them with some of the cooked goat meat so they wander into the traps.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:23 pm »

Can I get on the list?

Suspostu (Hugmuffin), Goblin priest of whatever evil force these goblins worship. Preferred weapon would be a mace.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 11, 2009, 12:20:24 pm »

Nice choice Groveller-your probably going to be a priest of a Demon King or somesuch.

And depending on the night rolls...well, lets just say your turn might come up sooner than you think!   :D

@Paulus: Hey hey btw-is it possible for me to gain a few sanctity by *helping* kill an undead? That was a big one...I helped, but didn't get the killing blow. Does my Goddess only count it if I do it myself?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:22:50 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 11, 2009, 12:44:51 pm »

(Just some clarification. Yes, I just saw the mistake... fixed.

Groveller... you're on the list now. I'll update later when I do the formal post.

And sorry Dwarmin. Like I said previously... there is no shared glory, no shared treasure. Per se. He who gets the killing blow gets the credit. Which will make it tough for you to get kills with the Kill stealers around.  ;)
(j/k guys)

I think I'll consider casting healing spells to be a beneficial action in terms of deity alignment, as long as it's on someone else. There's a condition there too though. Spiritual gain by doing so is dependant on the spell you're casting and the need of the individual weighed against your current standing with your goddess. So you can't just spam CLW to boost standing.

Also, exp. is now updated.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:41:28 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 11, 2009, 07:00:22 pm »

Good incentive not to party up for to long I guess. I gotta break with the pack, brothers...

Thanks for the clarification Paul, as always, however unwelcome it may be!

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 11, 2009, 07:21:32 pm »

Day 4, Night

Ajax-

Dragnar, Dwareet'ik and Reece-

This is a very, very large fortress. You've barely scratched the surface of what is here. But it's nice to have friends who can help out when things are tough. Some places you can easily explore on your own, some you can't. The living sections of the fortress I've intended to be fairly accessible so you have access to most things you may need. Some places it may be vital to go into together though, unless you're freakishly well prepared. Just remember that often you can disengage before combat is initiated and prepare before engaging.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:24:54 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Night:A new day dawns!!!)
« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2009, 07:39:25 pm »

Freakishly well prepared sounds like a plan.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 11, 2009, 10:07:50 pm »

Actions Pending
Eat a piece of meat, then wash myself off with my waterskin, the one with the water, the best I can.

Speaking of which, we should press on, but I need to head back a bit to get my leather, and I can refill our waterskins, which are mostly empty by now...the Gobbos will be no doubt be moving on like us. You guys wanna try and get the jump on those bastards while they sleep? I spotted 4 last night...might be more, they were just scouts. Taking them out might delay and weaken the inevitable Horde of Goblins that will be constantly at our heels...heh

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 11, 2009, 10:42:58 pm »

Keep that mug full of goo! It might be very useful if we come across a door we can't open.

Eat some more meat, then drink the last of the booze. Lets continue onward, hopefully there's a magma forge further on, I need to fix my sword, and I can upgrade our armor too.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53