Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44743 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 14: Holy rusted metal Dragnar!)
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2009, 01:04:43 am »

If worse comes to worse, you could always try to lead it to the goblins...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 14: Holy rusted metal Dragnar!)
« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2009, 01:19:43 am »

Yeah. I'd like to see them deal with it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2009, 01:29:52 am »

We should definately lock the door first, and position ourselves on either side. Hopefully it might hamper it enough to get a few good shots in while it dealt with the door, and I assumed we would flee deeper. Wish the Kobold was here. He proved useful against the undead.
Sounds good to me. You lock the door, I'll try to prepare a weaken metal rune, based on the strengthen metal rune. Then we attack with wooden weapons.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2009, 08:59:07 am »

Bump of appreciation.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2009, 05:29:08 pm »

Day 4, Turn 15: Order: Reece (5!,4!), Ajax (4!), Dragnar (2!), Dwareet'ik (5!,5!); New order: Dwareet'ik, Reece, Ajax, Dragnar

Dwareet'ik-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reece and Dragnar-

Ajax-(No action listed)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:33:14 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Wait, is this thing made of rust, or does it just eat it?

Heh, I logged on seconds after this turn was posted.

Good point Dwarmin I will use the rune (can't possibly hurt) and then attack with my two-handed sword, being careful to keep away from the tail.

I've never had a chance to play D&D, In theory I'm in a club that should play every once in a while... but there hasn't been a meeting all year. The largest flaw with being an anti-social geek: It makes it hard to find other anti-social geeks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:21:33 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Oh dagnabbit...  :-[

That's not a golem at all
Should of played more D&D >.>

I assumed it was a monster Skeleton made out of Rusted Metal, not a skeletal monster that eats rusted metal!

Edit:
Suggestion: Kay, it's just a skeletal monster, its bones are still probably composed of some kind of metal type substance from its diet though, so the rune should still work....in theory! Open the door and lets rumble!

Actions
Help Drag and Tehs defeat the monster-while Drag has it occupied, try to attack it from the rear, breaking it's back legs and/or tail. Always try to keep behind it, and watch out for the tail swipe! If it turns to face me, put my efforts into dodging all incoming attacks, and do not attack myself, while Drag/Tehs chop it apart from behind and to the sides.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:30:05 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Durrhurr. You didn't receive my magical telepathic turn?
That was dumb of me. I thought I posted a turn early on. Ah well.

Anyway, time to cook up those goat bits. I'll cook up all three, since cooked meat doesn't rot as fast. When I'm done cooking with the fire, I'll eat the best cooked one, along with taking a drink of my waterskin. You know, if my stomach has room for it (as in it will give me a significant boost to my food counter) I'll eat it with a loaf of my longland bread, but only if I feel I could.

After that, I'll throw that chunk of goat offal to the far side of the tunnel as a decoy. I'll also load my crossbow and place it nearby, pointing towards Then I'll pull out those mountain goat bones and very casually start whittling them into bolt shafts with my crude knife, perhaps fantasizing about taking down a dragon or getting with that one hot cheesemaker I never had the nerve to ask out.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 15:Between a goblin and the und
« Reply #548 on: December 07, 2009, 10:33:07 pm »

Lets wedge something under the door, and try and find a way to make its journey here harder. If we can cause it to trip, or stumble, a blow to the skull will be that much easier. Perhaps some bins, or the like?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Good idea, is there anything around we could use as a tripwire?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think we have any trap making material...there might be a rope/wire in the workshops though?

I say open the door, whoever it attacks, that person try to keep it's attention, while the others attack from 2 different sides. This means that only one person has to face the claws and teeth, and the tail can't whip 2 or 3 people at once. Whoever is not facing the creature should attempt to sever the tail, denying it an important defensive tool.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 15:Between a goblin and the und
« Reply #551 on: December 08, 2009, 03:44:56 am »

I figure it'd be best to block the door, and narrow the passage, make it impossibel for it to use its tail. So, are their any bins that could be used? Maybe those lead ones, if their able to get here. They could narrow the passage some.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 08, 2009, 09:59:13 am »

I figure it'd be best to block the door, and narrow the passage, make it impossibel for it to use its tail. So, are their any bins that could be used? Maybe those lead ones, if their able to get here. They could narrow the passage some.
Yeah, right up until it ate them, they would make good bait for some sort of trap though.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drag and Tehs, try to finalize our actions so Paul can get on with the turn. Let's assume we are holding it at the door, when and if it gets though, we will continue to fight.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are trying to block the door, then get to the end of the hallway, while looking for anything heavy enough that we could use to block the door.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 53