Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44757 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 11: Defend the Horde!)
« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2009, 06:21:31 pm »

Day 4, Turn 12: Order: Reece (5!), Dwareet'ik (1!), Dragnar (2!), Ajax (3!); New Order: Reece, Ajax, Dragnar, Dwareet'ik

The Group-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ajax-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 12: A way in!)
« Reply #511 on: December 01, 2009, 06:59:56 pm »

Well, lets check out the forges first. Perhaps I could find a suitably well made sword for myself. Or piece of armour, beyond my lovely gauntlets.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 01, 2009, 08:25:35 pm »

To the forge! I will apply the strengthening rune to my sword, if that goes well, I will do the same to any equipment the others want me to upgrade.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:52 pm »

I say Dragnar leads, we try and be as quiet as possible, and stay on the lookout for any zombies or other malignant creatures.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 01, 2009, 08:55:34 pm »

Woo! A turn! Awesome!

Let's see here... Despite it being late afternoon, I'm in no rush, curiosity leads me! Let's see what that writing is on the wall there. With any luck it'll still be legible. Otherwise, look beyond the gate and cautiously start making my way inside.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 02, 2009, 12:20:08 am »

hmm, lootz ahoy

@Drag, Tehs: My character needs sleep badly! You guys wanna make camp in the forge room tonight? I'm hoping there is just a single entrance that you guys can bar to keep the zombies out...otherwise, I suggest I'll head back to my little quarry fort and you guys can come later if you feel it's worth the trouble.

@Drag...hammering on the forge might wake the dead...literally. It might bring everyone one of them on top of us and we won't win easy with the state we are in...just a word to the wise. Let's make sure we can defend the forge room first. Zombies can probably open doors too, just saying...

@Tehstefan: Though it's unlikely, can you be on the lookout for Kobold armor? There might be some nearby on the rare occasion that it was slated to be melted down, and the fort never got around to it...

Actions
Breach the forge room with Drag and Tehs and see how defensible it would be as a sleeping spot. I would consider a room with a single entrance that could be barred or locked from the inside pretty good. Check for any signs of magma critters, like ash trails or footprints burned into the floor. Making sure no imp is going to toss a fireball down my pants while I sleep for lulz.

Then, go back out and go get some tools! Wonderful tools! Let's do an extensive search of the crafts shops and masonry shops in particular and note any usable tools I find. I could really use a nice knife or small hatchet.

I'll get first pick of the list, but everything else I bring back for Drag of Tehs to take.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:32:04 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 02, 2009, 12:40:56 am »

Bah! The forge(and all the other workshops) probably has easily locked doors to hold rabid dwarves. That should keep the zombies out.

Kobold need sleep badly! is making me think of gauntlet...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:57 am »

That sounds good. We'll probably want to chill here too. I mean, considering we could likely throw dead zombies into magma to make sure their gone.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:28 am »

You know, I was flitting around the first page looking for wound scales when I read that kobolds can't be Valkyries. In the name of completely random comments, why not?

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 02, 2009, 03:24:29 pm »

(I'll post later but in response to Anti-P's question...

For the same reason that you can't have Goblin Samurai.

Essentially the racial nature of kobolds is too skulking to permit them a Valhalla-like abode for warriors. Goblin society is too chaotic for them to establish the rigid code that Samurai believe in. Granted... if you really really wanted to you could have a kobold be a slave in a goblin society (baby snatched) and then it would be permissible, but they'd lose some of their racial traits and gain those of goblin. (Note that racial abilities and racial traits are not the same.)

And the wound scale is 1-6, 1 being lightly damaged (scratches, bruises) and a 6 being utterly unuseable and mangled. (decapitation, multiple breaks, complete loss of control, horribly burned, etc.) Limbs that have a 4 and above are considered damaged and impede use.)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 02, 2009, 05:37:34 pm »

So I'm four, but probably less than than at first. Is there any way to accellerate healing, beyond magic spells?

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 02, 2009, 11:32:44 pm »

Thanks, Paulus. Admittedly, I would be tempted to make an offbeat character for the sheer silliness of having a ridiculous combination like that.

I can answer this one, stefan.

As long as you're attentive to your wounds, they will probably heal faster. Washing out cuts, splinting breaks, even attempting minor surgeries may improve healing rates (although the latter would probably injure you slightly more while giving you a +1 bonus to recovery rolls). Herbal remedies, pressure points, manually calming your heart to reduce blood flow, careful stretches, cauterizing. All could potentially help depending on the situation.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:16 pm »

Day 4, Turn 13: Order:Reece (5!), Ajax (4!,3!), Dragnar (4!,2!), Dwareet'ik (1!); (No change in order)

The group-

Ajax-

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 13: Tools to your heart's conte
« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »

Well, I say we try and keep the tools with us, until we decide what we need and dont. Also, darn luck rolls. I could have used a nice sword.

In any case, keep going guys?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Onward!

We had better take some of the bonecarving tools, bone seems to be the most common resource down here.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53