Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44760 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 9: Ugly elves, ain't they?)
« Reply #480 on: November 08, 2009, 07:06:27 pm »

Whatever you do, keep me at the rear. I dunno how I managed to kill two zombies, but I'm sure that I won't be too much help. I want to hang behind the first two, and help if any one of them should get hurt overwhelmed, whatever.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2009, 07:06:10 am »

And this is my scepter There are many like it but this one is mine. My scepter is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.
Amusing. Next you'll be naming it.

Edit: Also, in light of all the stuff in recent development and the fact that I'm a ranger, I'd like a roll for what type of beast is commonly tamed in my homeland, and perhaps a bonus to that specific type of beast. I'm not expecting any relation to the creatures found within this place, but it'll alter my ranger's disposition a bit. If the roll is, say, a 1!1! and his nation tames flies, he's not going to try to befriend a wolf!

Anyway, for my Monday turn:
I'll bring the corpse to somewhere nearby that looks of relative safety, then perhaps take a moment to try to find some of my missed shots. Maybe even use one of the broken bolts as a makeshift cutter, should I get one of proper condition. Next, we go through the agonizing paces of trying to procure meat from the beast. I may have become a ranger just to get away from all those unintelligible buffoons competing for the title of village idiot, but surely this butchering stuff isn't that hard! Don't use my crossbow or any good bolts to cut. Sharp rocks or broken bolts preferred.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:38:38 am by Anti-Paragon »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 09, 2009, 02:16:40 pm »

(Ok, I think I have enough info from everyone to do the turn now. Keep in mind it will be another combat so I probably won't be able to get it up until Wednesday.

Anti-Paragon, you're on a steep range with lots of obsidian. Finding or makinging a knife or skinning blade shouldn't be too hard.)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 09, 2009, 02:55:59 pm »

Then before I attempt to skin the bugger, I'll try to assemble a crude knife. Maybe by using one of the lower legs of the goat, which don't really have any meat on them, anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »

Bump.

Tacos rule.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 15, 2009, 12:49:17 am »

Head bump!

Plus, question: If I wrote an extensive background, would that help determine some of my starting skills? Seeing as the class I picked is "Combat, armor, piety to a god of slaughter" I figured I could write up just why my character follows a demon god and the events leading up to it.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 17, 2009, 01:07:38 pm »

Foot bump.

Thread hacky sack aside, I think this upcoming turn is going to be awesome.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2009, 03:00:27 pm »

This thread is going to be so awesome, I traveled back in time to tell myself what happened...I think I took it okay.

Oh, and whatever you do anti-Paragon, if you want to live, don't let your character walk into the..*disappears*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2009, 06:47:18 pm »

(Sorry about the wait, halfway through the battle I accidentally lost the entire post and got so frustrated I had to leave it be for a bit.)

Day 4, Turn 10: Order: Ajax (6!,5!), Dwareet'ik (5!), Dragnar (1!), Reece (6!,4!); New order: Ajax, Reece, Dwareet'ik, Dragnar

Ajax-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ongoing battle-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:51:18 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Holy shit.  That rocked.  Good luck.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I'll eat and drink some water, gotta conserve the last of the rum! I recommend we take a break, get some rest and recover from the fight.

I also ask for the kobold's staff again, he can keep it, it's not my hoard that needs defended from the skulking filth. I just want to see if I know of any legends surrounding it.

Come to think of it, can Dwareet'ik communicate? Or does he possess [utterances]?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 10: Someone is always the victo
« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2009, 09:18:42 pm »

YES! SWORDSMAN! W00T!

Ahem. Jubilation aside, I investigate my arm, trying to find out how I can potentially set it, before lighting another torch, at least for now. Also, drink and eat if possible, unless thats too many actions.

"That was some good fighting there. Glad you guys were around, it would have gone badly otherwise."
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Supercrit by Reece! Awesome!

Anyway, my turn:
I'll put the meat and bone inside the hide, along with some of these odd black rocks that make such fine shards; mostly small, bolt-head sized ones. I'll also take the goat's teeth, and one of the chunks of offal, but leave the other two chunks. I'll carry the hide in my hand, and drop it should anything concerning come up; I'd rather not get the inside of my backpack all bloody. Hunt complete, I'll make my way to the unusual dwarfy structure.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whaaa? A battle with barely any mangling! Oh frabjous day!

RP:
As Tehstefan brings up a fresh torch, the tenacious Kobold comes back into view, leaning wearily on his scepter. He closes his eyes as if hearing a distant voice...when his eyes snap open, he seems calm and unfatigued.

He tries to speak, but all you can hear is a confusing series of subdued yips, hisses, clicks and barks, interspersed with a confusing mix of Human, Dwarvish, Goblin and even Elvish language that is apparently used to speak to strangers...apparently Kobold's collect languages much like they collect the trinkets hoarded in their cavern homes.

He points to himself, and slowly and painfully produces his name "Dwaaareeetiik".

Seeing the trouble with this, he abandons his efforts and instead takes out a ragged strip of cloth from his pack and points to it excitedly. It is clearly a bandage of some sort, and he must be implying he has medical knowledge to offer.

He also points to the Dwarf and his sword, then to the corpses lying about. He drops on the ground, then rises and mimics an undead gait-then he shakes his head, and makes a crude cutting gesture across the neck.

With that he scampers off into the shadows, looking to scavenge some materials.

@Dragnar: I assume we have basic communication skills, as well as non-verbal...Will need clarification from Paul, though, on what exactly the limits of communication will be. And if you get the time, please behead all the corpses around here. They will probably turn into zombies soon...

@Tehstefan: I have unskilled healing magic I could try on your arm...unskilled being the operative word. I could make you burst into flames. It's up to you if you want me to try it.

Anyway, Let me handle the healing guys. If you don't mind cutting up your shirts for bandages and loaning me your water skins lol

Actions
My wounds are superficial and don't need immediate attention. Ignore them for now.

We need cloth for bandages, so I'm going to go head back and strip any usable cloth from all the corpses lying about-The zombies, Mr. Person and Anti-Paragon. I'll also take any cloth scraps given to me by either Drag of Tehs, but i'll save my personal bandages for my own use.

Bind and clean any of Tehstefan or Drags open wounds I get extra materials for.
Try the healing glyph on Tehstefan's broken arm, if he agrees. Make a cloth sling for it, assuming it remains broken, it might ease the pain.

Loan Drag my scepter and listen to what he says about it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 06:22:55 pm by Dwarmin »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Just for info:

Yes, you can all communicate. Dragnar and Reece can communicate just fine in common, though Dwareet'ik has a somewhat poor grasp of even the common language.

Reece, eating and drinking is a free action, so you should have no problem performing your actions.

The corpses of the zombies have no material suitable for making rags or bandages from. You certainly wouldn't want to put any cloth shreds left on them on one of your wounds. But the two dead humans have clothing sufficient for that purpose.

Oh, and the undead, once killed generally do not rise again. Usually because they've been hacked to bits already.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53