Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44772 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!)
« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2009, 07:56:39 am »

Maybe Paulus rolled at one for postcraft. Just a thought.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!)
« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2009, 08:08:06 am »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2009, 03:09:12 pm »

I'd rather you visualize my impatience as an unwavering loyalty rather than a persistent poking. It makes me feel more self absorbed noble.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »

(Yeah... yeah. Again, my apologies. It's taking longer than I thought and I just haven't had much free time right now. I've got a big project report coming up on Tuesday that I need to work on. I also need a little clarification. Dragnar, Reece, which door are you defending... the one into the Craftshall, the one into the lever room or the hatch up by the Trade depot? Also, Dwareet'ik, you will come upon them in combat from behind, or above depending on which door they choose, post your desired combat actions as well. They are fighting undead.)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2009, 07:04:27 pm »

Hrmm. I must ask, which has the least amount of space for things to swarm us, while giving us room?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2009, 07:16:47 pm »

(The room into the craftshall is where you saw them, there is a doorway there that would put the stairs behind your backs. The room with the levers has a door as well but no egress, though you're guaranteed nothing will attack you from behind. The hatch entry to the stairs is the third option and there you have the advantage of elevation but it's twice as wide as the doors so all three could come through there. Any standard doorway is wide enough for two to fight side by side.)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2009, 07:27:35 pm »

I say we hold them at the craftshall unless tehstefan has a better idea.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!
« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2009, 07:31:09 pm »

I follow with that, I'll be trying to stay out of any heated fights, I'll be much better distracting the zombies for the dwarf's sword to cleave than actually trying to destroy them.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2009, 11:59:13 pm »

Well, I'll take Drags side to start, and concentrate my attacks on the zombie Drag does, 2x the firepower. Drag at least has armor, so attempt to misdirect any attacks toward him, though if he gets a bad wound, I'll take up the defense myself until tehstefan steps in.

I don't want to use turn undead, but do so if we're getting overwhelmed, as in the number of active zombies we are engaging is more than or equal to double our number of members that are able to fight, though don't run if no absolutely no one is down.

If forced to use turn undead, and the odds stated above don't improve by the time its effect, if any, has expired, I can assume the battle is lost and will flee back to the quarry.

If I take more than 2 bad wounds (+3 or worse), and we the odds stated above come into effect, flee to the quarry.

If someone is able to move and attack, I consider them able to fight.

My suggestions
and these apply if Drag and Tehs agree...

If we mostly disable a zombie, throw it behind us and let whoever is in back finish it off.

If we get wounded or tired, one person can rotate behind while the other person takes his spot.

Person in back should help each other break any grapples that manage to land and curbstomp fallen zombies, while also keeping watch for any more incoming zombies.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:06:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!
« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2009, 12:38:44 am »

Seems sensible.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2009, 08:14:29 pm »

Day 4, Turn 9: Order: Dragnar (3!), Reece (1!), Dwareet'ik (5!), Ajax (6!); New order: Ajax, Dwareet'ik, Keris, Reece

Ajax-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Brawl- (Initiative according to order, zombies always last)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:31:32 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 9: Ugly elves, ain't they?)
« Reply #476 on: November 06, 2009, 10:39:12 pm »

I'll ask to hold that scepter for a moment, my love of magic treasure overriding my apparent hatred of Kobolds.

Only elven corpses... bloated... the zombies are in the drowning chamber! I yell this to my comrades and tell them to pull every lever in sight!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2009, 12:54:56 am »

Hold on one cotton picking second! (I apologize in advance for that)

I am assuming that pulling the switches will close and lock (some, not necessarily the ones we need) doors, correct? And not drown us while leaving the non-breathing zombies unharmed? We really have no idea what they do...

And this is my scepter There are many like it but this one is mine. My scepter is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.

At least wait till we finish the battle if you want to inspect it.

Actions
Take Tehstefans spot on the line and fight on! My retreat parameters remain the same, except if I see anyone trying to pull the switches, then retreat. I won't pull any switches myself. I consider Tehstefan still able to fight at this time.

EDITED
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:32:11 pm by Dwarmin »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 07, 2009, 01:33:22 pm »

Updated the battle. Feel free to chat and plot all you want but please make sure you state unambiguously what your actual actions are.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 07, 2009, 11:38:22 pm »

And this is my scepter There are many like it but this one is mine. My scepter is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.

At least wait till we finish the battle if you want to inspect it.
I was hoping it might be able to hurt the zombies in some way if I could understand it, but fine, I'll wait.

Drags crazy plan to pull all the levers and dump magma on our heads is uninspiring.
...But it is dwarfy!!! But good point, pulling levers should be a last resort.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53