Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44769 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!)
« Reply #450 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:27 pm »

What bad luck you predict! What did you do to upset the Random Number God?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!
« Reply #451 on: November 03, 2009, 12:36:11 am »

Uh oh. I have a horrible horrible feeling someone's going to have bad things happen to them. I just dun't wanna die!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!)
« Reply #452 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:04 am »

I'm not so much horribly cursed as have very extreme luck. However, in these games, rolling consecutive sixes does not save you from rolling consecutive ones later and dying. I'm practically to the point where I might as well be flipping a coin. Heads, I advance, tails, I die.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2009, 03:26:34 am »

I'm hoping Paul didn't take my "sneak up on the battle and capitalize on whomsoever is winning" plan as "Charge into the zombie horde", though the latter would be more in character!

In any case, I expect some 3 stooges action as we all critically hit each other with our weapons and trip over each other trying to escape. Whoop whoop whoop!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 03, 2009, 04:46:30 am »

-Watches the thread eagerly like a vulture over a man crawling through the desert. Soon his patience will pay off-
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 03, 2009, 10:40:47 am »

Yeah. I get like that too. Although I cheer Dwareet'ik on since he is quite the little survivor, to date. Survived four and a half days so far, and 4.5 months IRL. Strange how those correlate so closely.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 03, 2009, 11:52:19 am »

Meh, I could be instakilled in this battle, or a month from now, or a year...can't forget that!

@Drag, Tehstefan-since we're about to meet in game, how do you guys feel about teaming, at least for awhile? 3's a crowd I know, but I can (barely) heal and (kind of) throw curses from range, making me the ultimate (lol) support character! I can also fight fairly good in melee, though I can't take a hit without my fragile bones collapsing.

Either way, we shouldn't plan for it to be permanent...having too many characters together forces Paul to ratchet up the difficulty to compensate. 1 giant eagle becomes 2, 6 zombies become 12 and a giant with a club becomes a two-headed giant with 2 clubs and a cockney accent to boot.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:06 pm »

Sure, as long as you don't spam us with, "defend the hoard from skulking filth" messages. ;D
(also, a two-headed giant tends to be easier to kill than a normal one, too busy arguing with itself)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 8: I thought we were friends!!!
« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2009, 06:48:41 pm »

To be honest, I think he scaled the challenge expecting us all here, so we should at least fight all the zombies in this area. Then we could split up perhaps, later.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2009, 07:51:09 pm »

This is gonna be one epic combat I bet.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »

If anyone's going to die, its going to be me. With my awesome rope reed armor, and my wooden longsword. Though, with an ally, and the fact that we only really face one at a time, we might survive this.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 04, 2009, 12:34:32 am »

We all know I died on my first turn. Admittedly I'd probably laugh before I cried if that happened.

Come along now Paulus. You don't need to write your nanowrimo on this combat sequence!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:41:01 pm by Anti-Paragon »

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 04, 2009, 11:58:23 pm »

Where is the combat Paulus.

You said there would be combat!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 05, 2009, 12:12:35 am »

He got like all ones, and he's trying to decide just how we should be viscerally disemboweled. Or one of us so.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2009, 01:31:37 am »

A combat where nothing but ones were rolled....

Reminds me of my last good D&D game against the Big Bad Evil Guy.

Everyone fumbling left and right, even the mages (Cause my DM has a roll that to use magic, you need to roll Spellcraft. I like that rule, helps gimp casters)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53