Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44785 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 2: Ah... the memories!)
« Reply #405 on: October 16, 2009, 03:48:11 pm »

Day 4, Turn 3: Order: Reece (1!,2!), Dwareet'ik (3!,3!), Keris (3!,6!), Dragnar (1!,4!); New order: Keris, Dwareet'ik, Dragnar, Reece

Keris-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwareet'ik-

Dragnar-

Reece-

I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 3: Splosarlospka indeed!)
« Reply #406 on: October 16, 2009, 04:07:10 pm »

Well, remove the bandage, and clean it.

Now that we have a fire, cook and eat a proper soup-meat, bloated tuber, garlic to taste. Try to identify the scepter.

Then try to get some more rest.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:25:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 16, 2009, 07:41:58 pm »

I'll order Ustolosmod to let the rest of the goblins know that the way is safe. The rest of us will press onward.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56:30 pm »

carefully search the room for anything valuable, while keeping an eye out for any remaining enemies.
I'll also warn Reece to stay close to me, I can see much better down here.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2009, 01:41:12 pm »

I stay close, while eying the remains to see if I could possibly salvage them to cook over a fire. Gross, but better than starving to death.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2009, 05:36:10 pm »

I assume something is eating up Paulus' time?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 21, 2009, 07:37:30 am »

Maybe he just got bored? Games really slow right now, at least till one of us starts forging through unexplored territory.

Of course, I know if I move, I'll probably die. But if I don't move, I'll probably just lose interest in the game. meh.

Why is healing so slow Paul? It's realistic, but not very fun...
Should I just make my way out of the fort, possessions in tow?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 21, 2009, 03:20:21 pm »

((Yeah... my apologies. I started reading a book. And I tend to get waaaaaay too engrossed when I do that. It drives my wife crazy. Now that I'm done I'll resume.

Healing is deliberately slow for two reasons. First, combat is essentially an accelerated exp. gaining turn and longer healing times help offset it for characters that have less combat skill. Second, it gives value to those classes that can heal but are worse at other things. Otherwise, everyone would simply play a combat-centric character and rely on quick natural healing, rapidly outpacing spell-casters and other classes. Additionally, survival skills are essential for staying alive. So learning how to find food, water, etc. and keeping yourself hale and healthy is more of a challenge. In Nethack (and DF) you can just wait (very rapidly) to pass time and restore health. In turn-based RTD's it's harder to do, so I'm trying to maintain a reasonable balance of many things.

If you have issues with healing speed Dwarmin, you can always ask Elyvilon to teach you how to cast healing spells. You'd have to get some decent rolls, but it's within her sphere of influence.))

Day 4, Turn 4: Order: Keris (1!), Dwareet'ik (4!), Dragnar (5!), Reece (3!); New order: Dragnar, Dwareet'ik, Reece, Keris

Dragnar-

Dwareet'ik-

Reece-

Keris-

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 4: It's like Christmas!)
« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »

ouch, snake eyes...

I remind myself that I am a smith, not an herbalist, and try to determine the way to the forges.

I'll take the flint and steel, and one of the waterskins(though as a dwarf, it's gonna be awhile before I am thirsty enough to drink that).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:07:55 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2009, 07:55:01 pm »

I grab the backpack, and wear the gauntlets, while putting on the cape and pants, worn as they may be. I then ask him what he wants, since I do owe him something.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 22, 2009, 02:56:05 am »

I actually am not a fan of magic overmuch, but this is an annoying wound to heal with mundane means. I can also assume unskilled healing magic will cause me a truly terrifying amount of thirst/hunger, or even hurt other parts of my body to heal the area in question?

Actions
Well, lets go into a trance and ask Elyvilon for some help learning healing spells then. Make sure to say "pretty please". If I get smited Paul, name the next turn "Godsmacked!". That would be funny :P

If I wake up, at all, or fail completely I'll try to get a feel for the scepter in my hands, and determine whether it can be used as a proper weapon. If it can, store my staff in the stash and wield the scepter. Otherwise, store the scepter in the stash and wield the staff.

Also, you remember the healing herbs I had in the start of the game paul? Does my character know where to find those, as in swampland/mountains/meadow etc. Assuming I want to search for replacements.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 22, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »

As a note on magic failure:

For those of you who have played Crawl or Nethack magic failure is interesting. It does cost you some mana but not as much and I'm not sure it costs you hunger at all. But what can happen is that if you miscast it the residual energies can infuse your body and mutate you. Among other things.

Also, for those with Herbalism... most of you have always been searching for food, but it is possible to search for other plants that have different uses. Looking for oak or birch to extract tannins for leatherworking, poisonous berries, healing herbs, brewing plants... they're all out there. The swamp is a temperate swamp so it has a huge variety of plant-life. You'll just need to say what your looking for or give general guidelines.

Just waiting for Sephiroth now.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 23, 2009, 01:34:11 am »

Sorry that its late.

I'll charge west, letting out some sort of battle cry.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 26, 2009, 12:06:43 pm »

Day 4, Turn 5: Order: Dragnar (1!), Dwareet'ik (2!), Reece (4!,3!), Keris (4!,6!); New order:  Keris, Reece, Dwareet'ik, Dragnar

Keris-

Reece-

Dwareet'ik-

Dragnar-
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:09:10 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 4: Turn 5: It's a miracle!)
« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:37 pm »

I claim it all, so you know. And yay, food and drink!

I follow him along, I don't want to get lost in this dark, and be eaten by a grue. Also, I light my torch, so I can see.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:55:07 pm by tehstefan »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53