Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44788 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 15:One of the guys!)
« Reply #375 on: October 09, 2009, 06:23:50 pm »

If possible I'll try and locate the source of the smoke. If I can't find it I will proceed to the gates and camp just inside. Those traps will keep most creatures out, so I will be on guard for attacks from within.

I will also recommend that me and Reece stick together for a while, as he said, there is strength in numbers.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 09, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »

I will stick with him, while looking for any secluded or more sheltered area's to camp.

I propose we have a watch, one person staying up while the other sleeps. We'll be more tired, but we will probably be more alive.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 09, 2009, 08:32:52 pm »

Actions

Dammit, snake eyes  :D

I'll try to attempt to return to the world of the living. Hopefully smoke on the water here didn't leave me with any "presents"

Assuming I can prepare for nighttime, take out my leather and sink it in the lake with some stones, tied to the rope.

Then close and secure the doors, then make a fire and create some soup out of the bloated tuber/demon rat meat, with roasted garlic to add some flavor.

Then sleep. Skip the food and fire if I don't have enough time, it's a luxury.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:26:12 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2009, 07:41:28 am »

I'm impressed that Dwarmin rolled 1 four consecutive times. (see also the turn deciding roll)
Has the mega luck streak finally run out?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:42 am »

I guess that was the combined bad luck of several turns condensed into one. Still, better to have the end boss pop out and say "Boo!" than have the wolves eat me.

And it seems Sephiroth must of stole some of my luck like the sneaky rotten luck thief that he is. Damn him.

We'll see what the night roll brings now. What we have learned from previous dead chars is that if you sleep exposed, your going to get ambushed. I assume a complete ambush means no time to react, which is why they died in the space of a turn.

My quarry provides a little protection, at least from animals, unfriendly eyes and bad weather, which is why I like it. Also anyone opening those giant stone doors and pushing away my obstructions would be enough to wake the dead, so no ambushes, hopefully.

I'm most afraid for Tehstefan and Drag, but they have a much better chance together than they would alone. If they take turns in the night, the chance of an ambush is unlikely...if they stay awake!

Sephiroth-Goblins like to murder, yo. Sleep with blade in hand in a defensible position.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2009, 04:35:26 pm »

Gotta love how anyone can come together. Even elf and goblin.

I'll thank them for the offer, and pick an empty tent to rest in. If there is one, I'll set up a pot or something at the entrance so I know if someone is trying to come in.  If not, I'll take the tent with the least goblins in it, and try to sleep in a menacing pose.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 11, 2009, 02:30:22 am »

Amusingly, Keris completely yoinked my plan with Ajax. Except that I was going to do it a bit more subtly. Bah!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 11, 2009, 05:32:22 am »

Menacing poses: Being a better plan since.... a long time ago.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:11 pm »

Day 3, Turn 16: Order:Reece (2!,1!), Dragnar (2!,6!), Keris (5!), Dwareet'ik (6!); New order:Dwareet'ik, Keris, Dragnar, Reece

Dwareet'ik-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Keris-

Dragnar and Reece-

This turn seemed very sedate. Strangely. If you have any changes or modifications you'd like to make, post it today. I'll run the night turn tomorrow morning probably. Sorry Dwarmin, with the -1 for being unskilled in meditation and the -3 for mental damage you currently suffer your waking up was an autofail so I didn't bother rolling for it. I'm sure your large demon rat hide won't suffer unduly from it.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 16:Out like a light!)
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2009, 02:05:33 pm »

I recommend we sleep in shifts, better two slightly rested people than one rested and one exhausted.
I suppose I'll take the first shift.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2009, 03:26:36 pm »

Blah.

Actions
Wake up!

Then take out my leather and sink it in the lake with some stones, tied to the rope.

Then make a fire and create some soup out of the bloated tuber/demon rat meat, with roasted garlic to add some flavor.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2009, 04:20:56 pm »

I'll try to stay asleep until dawn, or until the other goblins wake up. I'll also rip my clothes slightly, to look more goblin-like.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2009, 07:25:34 pm »

Shifts definately. I'll take second shift, wake me if anything happens.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 13, 2009, 01:05:46 pm »

Day 3, Night turn: Order: Dwareet'ik (2!), Keris (6!), Dragnar (3!,3!), Reece (3!,4!); New order: Keris, Reece, Dragnar, Dwareet'ik

Keris-

Reece and Dragnar-

Dwareet'ik-

The day dawns cold and gloomy, with a heavy low fog clinging to the entire valley. Up on the slopes (Keris) the fog is very thick. Down in the valley, slightly less so, but still chilly.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Horray for night survival!
Another one for Darweet'ik managing to wake up from that dooming meditation.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53