Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44777 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 9:Have you seen my ... Oh, crap!)
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2009, 12:15:48 pm »

Day 3, Turn 10: Order: Cius (2!), Dwareet'ik (1!), Creeper (4!), Reece (5!); New order: Reece, Creeper, Cius, Dwareet'ik

Reece-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creeper- (Absent)

Cius-

Dwareet'ik-
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:17:55 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Well that sucked-I thought of would have broken more valuable bones for spending an entire turn. That takes the place of the worst turn, moving "lets stumble in the dark and almost fall of a bridge and fail to light a fire before sleeping" to 2nd place.  ;D

For my turn, I'll go look for a home depot.

Kidding aside, does my character know how long the fort has been abandoned? I'm wondering if there will be any tools left at all to loot, or if it will more likely be artifacts/treasure.

Actions

Might as well start exploring the skull keep again. Head within and go as far as I have already explored previously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 9:Thank goodness for meat shiel
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2009, 11:18:39 pm »

I go to the entrance, and look around for any signs for disturbances, or traps, not wanting to end up trapmeat.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that I have ample food and water and a good bit of time, I suppose I now have everything I need to attempt to learn some magic. Now I have several options. I could do something boring and learn what Crawl describes as "Transmutations". For the rest of you, extracting bad potions out of dead bodies, at least for now. Later, I can either throw them at my foes... or drink them to amuse Xom. Later still, if I get good, I could even learn "Evaporation" and "Blade Hands".

However, although that works great in Crawl (Seriously, it does, Xom Deep Elf Transmutors are powerful little shits), I don't wanna do that. I could do what the rest of you blokes have done, with stuff like healing magic or fire magic, but I'd rather not do that either. Instead, I'm going to try something a little darker. This place is crawling with zombies, how about I try making one? Start with a nearby rat. Make it a zombie. Try really, really hard. Don't even bother with trying to control it, focus EVERYTHING on just trying to make it a zombie. Worst case scenario, I either get more injuries (Xom will find this hilarious!) or I get a tiny bit of experience with fighting (good!) or it obeys me anyways (good!) or nothing happens. I've got time now, depending on how I conserve my light sources. Good thing I put the lantern out when I was about to die. I think I've got another 13 hours left, more if I make a campfire, conserve it, or find more.

This can only end well, I'm sure of it. Well, I suppose the "cost" of necromancy is going to be something important, but I won't know until I try. Besides, it couldn't possibly be something I'll really miss *wink*
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Waiting for Creeper. If AWOL by my next post his slot will be vacated.)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Creeper totally comes to his Knightly senses and makes a stand against the goblin brigade. It's what a Knight on his way out would do!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, we need more epic deaths. We've been a bit short on them so far.

Everyone who dies from now on, try to explode somehow or jump into a bottomless pit.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn :Thank goodness for meat shields!
« Reply #337 on: September 30, 2009, 11:54:00 am »

((All right, Creeper has wandered off into the wilderness and is now gone, having never even entered the fortress. No record of him exists. Warlord of Woe, you're up. You have until Friday to post or you're skipped. Your character is ready. I'll need your starting location and action.))

Day 3, Turn 12: Order:Reece (6!), Cius (1!), Dwareet'ik (3!); New order: Reece, Dwareet'ik, Cius

Reece-

Dwareet'ik-

Cius-
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:10:34 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 11:It LIVES!!! (well kinda...))
« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2009, 02:03:21 pm »

Damn. I hate PVP. I don't play games to ruin other peoples fun.

But Me and Mr. Person now stand opposed RP wise.  ::)
If you want to run away or defuse the situation, please go ahead and think of something.

Otherwise, we fight. I feel good about my chances of dodging you to due to your wounds and my size bonus, but I will have to hope for a good leg shot to take you down. On the other hand, if you can establish a grapple, the battle will likely turn in your favor.

In happier news, welcome to the game Warlord of Woe! Good Luck.

Actions
First, ranged attacks, turn undead for the zombies and a curse of clumsiness on Mr. Person.

Then destroy the zombies, and destroy Mr. Person too. Concentrate my attacks on the Mr. Person first. If he tries to hobble away, chase after him.

*Que epic battle music*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:07:43 pm by Dwarmin »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 11:It LIVES!!! (well kinda...))
« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2009, 03:07:39 pm »

I doublecheck the area around the traps, and look for something that might be able to activate the weapon trap ahead of me, so I can run though after its resetting itself.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 30, 2009, 10:39:01 pm »

Fuck it, me and the zombie rats will rush the kobold, but don't go across the traps again. Knock it prone. For hilarity's sake, if the zombies get turned, throw them at the kobold. Wheeeeee!

Also, running is for pussies, I only run to get a tactical advantage. Since I have the advantage, no need!
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2009, 10:51:24 pm »

Name: Ajax Peltthrower
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Weapon: Crossbow
God: Some DF human god of hunting, preferably. I can't see the list because whenever I open your saved world in legends, it crashes due to an unknown material. I say we just roll with it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2009, 11:11:09 pm »

Onward to stupidity!

As players and people, we are quite incompatible Mr. Person, so it's only right that only one of us continue on while the other will feed the victor.

Welcome back to the Game AP. You'll be one spot closer by tomorrow, anyway ;)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3, Turn 12: Order: Reece (4!), Dwareet'ik (3!), Cius (6!); New order: Cius, Reece, Dwareet'ik

(For purposes of PVP battle I'll be doing both Cius and Dwareet'ik together this turn. I'll let Reece go first but the order determines initiative in PVP battle.)

Reece-

DWAREET'IK VS. CIUS !!!!!!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 11:Nasty PVP action!!!
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2009, 01:34:18 pm »

Oh well, I knew one of us was going to be dead anyways. Besides, if I was trying to play that as best as possible, I would of chucked rocks at the kobold until he either fled or charged. Both would of been fine for me. Instead, for RP purposes, I just threw the damn things because it would be funny. The fact it didn't do much damage doesn't shock me, I'm more pissed they both died on impact. Pussies.

Sadly, death by kobold is a death I can never be proud of. No offense or anything, of course, kobolds are just small. It'd be like a cat being killed by a squirrel, possible but rare. Then again, anything can be quite deadly when you put it in fight or flight mode, so there's that. It's also kind of annoying to finally get a bunch of swag and then a kobold shows up and fucks shit up. On the other hand, this is based off a roguelike, so I guess I should of seen it coming.

Elyvion can suck it, for the record.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53