Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44780 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 7:Ohm.......!)
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2009, 06:34:54 pm »

Reece Worstell for a name. This okay?
Apparently not.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2009, 06:37:18 pm »

Day 3, Turn 8: Order: Dwareet'ik (3!), Cius (5!), Creeper (6!), Reece (1!); New order: Creeper, Cius, Dwareet'ik, Reece

Creeper- (No post)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cius-

Dwareet'ik-

Reece-

(And yes, the name is fine.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:30:50 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 8:Smoke from the east!)
« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2009, 06:53:23 pm »

Oh, of COURSE I roll three 1's and the rest of you all roll, 4's and better. Argh.

I suppose I should go for the trade depot with all the plants in it. I'll go in there and try and get some food. Gambler's Fallacy says I'll get a bunch of 6's in a row and find a bunch of Plump Helmets.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

Hey, I know I'm a bit late, but I just realized. Did I get my dodge bonus for that battle? I realize I'm grasping at straws here but I figure there's no harm in asking.
Scratch that, I realize my dodge bonus only applies to my criticals. I think.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:12:21 pm by Anti-Paragon »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »

Greedy wolves don't know how to share

Paragon: I think your dodge bonus is negated when your facing creatures your size, or ones that are fast as you. I got a +1 dodge bonus against the first goat I blasted with turn undead in the quarry, but not this recent one in the mountain, which was probably fresher. I dunno.

Actions

See if I get at least a half meal worth from him. (I'm assuming when you say unbiased Omnivore, you mean it)

Then Gather up any leather scraps from the bag, and snag and examine the water skin to see if I could repair it in the future.

No time for a proper burial, and who knows what Elves do to their dead, so pile some dry sticks and tinder on him and, after a prayer to Elyvilon, set him alight. Viking funeral ftw!

Then make my way back to the quarry.

EDIT: Don't forget my healing roll Paul! Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:50:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2009, 07:41:08 pm »

I go look for an entrance, staying away from the fires for now, until I have a way to look at them without being heard.

Figure no contact would be better.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:36:25 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2009, 05:34:19 am »

Action: Explore.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2009, 09:57:30 am »

Lol Tehstefan

You should of let your original turn stand. We all have to at least pretend we don't read the spoilers.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 9:Have you seen my... Oh,crap!)
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2009, 01:24:31 pm »

Day 3, Turn 9: Order: Creeper (3!,3!), Cius (4!), Dwareet'ik (3!,4!), Reece (1!); New order: Cius, Dwareet'ik, Creeper, Reece

Cius-

Dwareet'ik-

Creeper-

Reece-

(Cius, Dwareet'ik, I require further clarification for the remainder of your turn. And Dwareet'ik, I updated last turn with your recovery rolls. I swear you had a truly exceptional turn last round. There's a +1 on that I forgot as well.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:18:53 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 9:Have you seen my ... Oh, crap!)
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2009, 02:12:36 pm »

Run Hobble back to end of the hall, after the traps (Pretty much back where I started, but still in the hall). I know where they are, so avoiding them should be fairly easy. The zombies, however, might get trapped, killed, or worse. Oh, grab that torch, too. Then face them. Try and break their arms. After that, knock them prone and do really mean things to them.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 9:Have you seen my ... Oh, crap!)
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2009, 03:01:40 pm »

Looks like game over for me lol
But I do have a chance. A better one than all the other players that have run into similar situations so far. Maybe my rolls will be good  ::)

Actions

The fire is my friend. Stay near it at all times, and try to keep my back to it so I can't be flanked. Pick up burning branches from the bonfire to ward them off, screaming and yelling like a maniac trying to make myself not look like prey, but don't attack them, unless I have to. Just try to scare them away. Wolves hate fire, right? RIGHT! I need to convince them I'm not a good meal, so running like a injured deer is not likely to work, and I will stand my ground. I hope wolves are flammable!

Try multiple voodoo curses invoking their fears, and loud voices-maybe of spirits of ancient Dwarven hunters? I'm hoping they ate well enough last night that their hunger won't overpower their sense of self preservation.

If I sense a 3 on 1 combat, or or get more than a single +3 wound that I can't heal, gather a big torch in one hand and my staff in another, and make a fighting retreat to the tree, which I will attempt to climb. (deja vu all over again!)

Of course, if forced to fight, sell my life dearly, attacking the largest wolf first. If I kill the Alpha, they might panic and run heh. Call on Elyvilon to quick heal me if I get a +3 wound at any time, again as many times as I dare.

If death is imminent, say a prayer to Elyvilon to save me! If the deus ex machina fails, jump into the bonfire. My faith will shield me from the flames! Or spare me the pain of being eaten alive.

If I manage to scare or kill them all, then run back to the quarry, because this is their territory, and there are probably more of them around...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:36:52 pm by Dwarmin »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 9:Have you seen my ... Oh, crap
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2009, 03:40:22 pm »

I keep going, looking for any life, staying attentive, and following the wall closely. It'll give me a way to protect my back if anything comes. Also, practice sneaking around! No one's around, its a good time to practice being stealthy!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:16:44 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »

Ok, Turn 9 has been fully completed, and true to form Dwareet'ik got freakishly luck again. I swear you've blessed the dice with your voodoo powers. Either that or you're stealing luck somehow from Cius and Weedo su...

Anyways, you've all got the weekend to post the next round. Have a good one. The more detailed your posts are the more you can accomplish, to a point.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2009, 08:41:40 pm »

You didn't roll a healing roll for me, although since I took damage, it would make sense if I don't get one. Also, you didn't put the torch into my inventory on the first page.

Anyways, continue on into the trade hall. Grab the lantern and the empty box of band-aids. Then, it's herbalism time, go look for some food until I'm fairly full. Whatever I grab, put some extra in the band-aid box. If I have more time after that, continue on into the room I found all the demon rats in and look for loot in there.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2009, 08:56:38 pm »

Da voodoo be strong mon  ;)

Get to work on pulling apart all 3 goat corpses in the quarry and making some simple armor. Sharpen my knife and cut up the rope for construction materials. I can use the needle for any threading, and tear up a single bandage if I need string. Supplement my armor with stone and wood if I have to, but I need it to be light weight, so as not to hinder my movement. Make sure to start a fire and burn off any zombie goo from the bones I use.

Try to make these, in order from top to bottom, whatever I have enough materials for. If I don't have enough for chest, skip to arms etc.

Legs
Chest
Arms
Head

If you need to visualize for deciding stats or RP, consider it early native American style of armor.
http://www.prairieedge.com/getimage/29527

Like that but Kobold make (ugly but functional)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:45:56 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53