Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44766 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 3:Mysteries to the east.)
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2009, 09:33:27 pm »

if you were an elf
And therein lies the problem.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 3:Mysteries to the east.)
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2009, 11:54:50 am »

Day 3, Turn 5: Order: Mr. Person (6!,4!), Dwarmin (5!), Weedo su (1!), Creeper (6!,3!); New order:
Mr. Person, Creeper, Dwarmin, Weedo su

Mr. Person-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creeper-

Dwarmin-

Weedo su-
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:58:27 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 3:A cave... lets check it out!)
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2009, 12:52:59 pm »

Zombies are stupid right? heh

Sneak up on the zombies-throw a rock at one of the them, to try to get it to follow me away from the pack. If I can get a zombie alone, re-kill it, then rinse and repeat, unless I'm greatly injured. I define greatly injured as any wound 3 or above.

Use the terrain and wide opened spaces as much as I can in melee-try not to let them body slam me like the last one did. Use turn undead liberally if faced with more than one zombie at a time.

If I get *lucky* enough to face 2 or 3 zombies who resist or have recovered to turn undead and still have full mobility, RUN. By mobility I mean whether I can just move the battle and leave it there to re-kill later, which I will try to if it presents itself. But try to stay in the general area, so I can follow the blood trail.

Edited: Crap!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:47:06 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 3:A cave... lets check it out!)
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:38 pm »

Yay! Another person gets to join the badly injured club! Well, or not, because you're a coward, but whatever.

I guess I should take off the scepter and reappraise it, although I just KNOW I'm going to accidentally cut my leg off somehow.

Before I forget, here's that fighting style thing you asked for about 5 pages back.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2009, 01:29:28 pm »

My club membership has expired, I don't plan to renew.  8)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2009, 03:37:21 pm »

Just for your information Dwarmin...

These things were mountain goats. Anywhere you can get to in this treeless barren mountain they can too. At least anywhere that doesn't require serious climbing... but you can't see anywhere like that. There are no sheer cliffs here.

If you're using small rocks you can throw from a greater distance but they don't generally do damage. The larger rocks that do damage have a fairly short range. Particularly for someone as small and weak as you. (Let's say 60 feet or so)

If you feel like updating your actions based on this... that's fine. If I didn't mention how many goats you saw... it was three.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2009, 03:49:28 pm »

Cool. I didn't really know the the zombies kept their "knowledge" or whatever.
I also overestimated the combat utility of rocks.  ::)

Actions amended!
Over complicated actions=fail
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:56:11 pm by Dwarmin »

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2009, 05:20:15 pm »

From 1 to 5? That's an unusual jump in numbering. Well, either way, let's see. Anyone knows that dwarves keep lots of stuff at the depot at any time. Else how would they get them there before even seeing the traders? This trade depot is obscenely old, however, so everything on the surface is junkified, but surely there is still stuff around, right? Stuff under stuff and all that jazz? Lets do some serious rummaging. If I have sleeves, I roll them up. Serious business here.

Edit: Not just looking for clothing by the way. Clothing, armor, weapons, baubles/small valuables, material, then other junk by priority.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:26:38 pm by Anti-Paragon »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2009, 05:45:52 pm »

How about some finely aged booze?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2009, 06:10:00 pm »

How about some finely aged booze?

Refreshments... or hand grenades?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 14, 2009, 06:40:14 pm »

I sneakily sneak over to the direction of the smoke.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2009, 12:23:43 pm »

((Sorry guys... big project coming due on Thursday. I'll post the next turn hopefully on Friday.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2009, 01:59:16 pm »

3 days without a turn, then another long turnless weekend. It would kill a lesser game, but we shall prevail!

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2009, 05:53:22 pm »

Aye. I enjoy this game too much to bail simply from time constraints. Besides, you have a valid reason.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2009, 06:11:18 pm »

Day 3, Turn 6: Order:Mr. Person (4!,5!), Creeper (4!,2!), Dwarmin (1!), Weedo su (6!); New order:
Weedo su, Mr. Person, Creeper, Dwarmin

Weedo su-

Mr. Person-

Creeper-

Dwarmin-
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 06:57:24 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53