Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44742 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 14:That looks like it hurts...)
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2009, 10:09:31 am »

Long turn?

Either Paul got in an accident involving a flatbed of greased stripper poles, or he might be rolling up fight or two lol
 :o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 14:That looks like it hurts...)
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:46 pm »

((Heh. Neither this time... just a long weekend with far too little sleep.))

Day 2, Turn 15: Sephiroth (5!), Mr. Person (1!), Weedo su (6!), Dwarmin (3!); New order: Weedo su, Sephiroth, Dwarmin, Mr. Person

Weedo su-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acile-

Dwareet'ik-

Cius-

All right, we're gearing up for another night here so I'll need you all to tell me where you want to spend it. Weedo-su and Dwareet'ik may 'converse' in common if they want, but understanding will be limited. Cius is unconcious and starving. So, keep in mind that you may want to eat and drink before you go to sleep. In case you were wondering Weedo su, yes, magic does cost something. Different kinds of magic cost different things. Zestorum, I'm sure, learned rather quickly that fire magic made him really, really thirsty. Different magic and the strength of it affects what kind of toll it takes on you.

Warlord of Woe, your character is approved and you're on the list.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 15:Laying on of the hands!)
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2009, 12:28:11 pm »

om nom nom delicious soup. Probably gonna starve, at this rate. Blarg.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2009, 01:01:02 pm »

Gather up some dry tower caps that could be used as firewood.

Make gestures and words to the effect of "please let me pass vile Human", and try to exchange names.

Assuming I can pass, try to get to my safe spot for tonight. If my little security system alerts me, be cautious and ready to fight-i've claimed that area as my den, by right of spilt blood, and I am willing fight to the death for it unless obviously overpowered. No matter where I end up, start a fire, cook and eat some meat, quaff from my waterskin.

Then try to sharpen my bone knife with a cutting edge before sleep.

And LOL at my rolling a 1 on a sneak roll. I mentally picture my Kobold being as stealthy as a giant troll with bagpipes for shoes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:10:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2009, 03:32:53 pm »

At first, I'm a bit nervous. Was the kobold trying to sneak by, or ambush? When the kobold says "please let me pass vile Human", I almost laugh. I make a graceful gesture to let it pass, perhaps bowing my head respectfully as well; the creature is wearing a crown after all, and could be some sort of royalty. We exchange names. I am now Dwareet'ik! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

However, I pay no further heed to the small creature once it goes by (unless it gets my attention for some reason). My concern is to get this wounded man up towards the dais (which is spelled correctly this time). Once he is there, I carefully roll him off my cloak and place it over him. I walk back down and look for any way to mildly barricade the way up the ramp. Nothing major, just enough that would cause some noise if someone tried to get by. Since everyone is already passed, I reactivate the traps. Gee, that was a lot simpler. After that, I extinguish my torch and place it near the ramp upwards towards the outside, writing the word 'Elbereth' (Hey, you can't blame one for trying.) almost right under it. After that, I eat half a loaf of my bread (unless you can only eat 'whole units', in which case I'll eat the whole thing).

Against my better judgement, I'll sit the man up and pull out the pot full of strawberries, mash them up, and place the strawberry... mush on the wounded man's tongue, and rub his throat to try to stimulate him to swallow it - a bit painstaking but it's better than having him choke. Perhaps give him a drink of his waterskin (although I'm oblivious of the mushrooms in it), too. Come to think of it I'll sample some of the strawberries, too. That bread was probably awfully plain.

Finally, I do my nightly ritual. Pay heed to my ancestors, meditate on what I had done throughout the day (which was very plain, oddly. We'll focus on the healing magic for meditation), and finally say a personal blessing to the area we reside in, lay the man down back on my cloak. Just before I go to sleep, I make sure all my belongings are back together (Except that torch by the ramp) and finally I'll go to sleep myself.

Edit: The 'reactivate the traps' thing came to me this morning. Hope you don't mind.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:48:57 am by Anti-Paragon »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2009, 06:44:24 pm »

Day 2, Turn 16: Order:Weedo su (6!,2!), Sephiroth (1!), Dwarmin (2!), Mr. Person (6!,4!); New order: Mr. Person, Weedo su, Dwarmin, Sephiroth

Mr. Person:

Weedo su-

Dwareet'ik-

Acile- (No action posted, not waiting any more)

(Sorry, waiting to see if Sephiroth would post but apparently not. Will try to have the night turn up tomorrow, in case action needs to be taken.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2009, 07:58:26 pm »

Ugh, horrible turn.

I guess I should gather firewood beforehand...

But, I don't mind cold meat. Time to sleep.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2009, 08:36:39 pm »

Well, I'm certainly glad I prepped the exits before meditating!

Question, though. Why the -1 to meditation? Simply unskilled?

Should I wake up due to some attackers: If I feel it's too much to take, I'll simply grab my pot, cloak, and pack and book it. Light a torch if I must. Standard premade combat rules apply.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:50:22 pm by Anti-Paragon »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2009, 09:46:50 pm »

If that happens, watch it. I'll wake up and have to fuck some shit up. You laugh, but it'll happen, just you wait and see.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2009, 09:50:52 pm »

I hope you end somebodies day, Mr. Person.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2009, 12:05:18 am »

I'll scab up a bit of wood, and try to get some berries too.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2009, 06:49:53 am »

Sephiroth, if you take any more actions your sleep will be interrupted, just so you know, and I doubt you will be able to find much food/wood in the dark. It's up to you, though.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 3: Turn 1:A New Day Dawns!)
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:06 pm »

Day 2, Night: Order:Mr. Person (4!), Weedo su (1!), Dwarmin (3!), Sephiroth (5!); New Order:Sephiroth, Mr. Person, Dwarmin, Weedo su

Sephiroth-

Mr. Person-

Dwarmin-

Weedo su-

Day three dawns with a low fog that rolled in sometime during the night. It's light though and should burn off. It is chilly.

Zestorum, you are up again. I'll need your character's name as well as starting direction. You have until Monday to post.

And an unfortunate congratulations to Acile who is now our High score holder.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2009, 06:52:19 pm »

Another one bites the dust...

Welcome back Zestorum. I got some advice for ye! Assuming your an archer, you need to be careful about positioning when you enter the fortress proper. Narrow tunnels and blind corners are better suited for crossbows, not longbows, like you will probably have-seeing as you might only get 1 shot off anyway in close quarters, archers are at a clear disadvantage there. I suggest you obtain a melee weapon if you don't start with one.

Actions

First, lets go drink from the lake and refill my water skin, make sure to clean off my bandage and clean and try to identify my various artifacts. Try not to drop them in the lake. I guess I could also try to clean myself up if the water isn't too cold.

Then stockpile more firewood in addition to what I have, so I can start a fire this morning, and have enough if and when I return later in the day to do so again. While I'm searching, look for a distinctive log, tree, boulder, empty animal den etc that I could use for hiding loot, as well as large leaves I could use as pouches for powders, regents etc.

If I find it, store these things in my hiding spot, unless I find something interesting when I'm identifying them, like magic properties or secrets.

It goes without saying to check around and make sure I'm not being watched, as well as trying to cover any tracks I leave in the area.

EDIT: In response to Paragon, since we will meet up now, or more likely later on, this will be my reaction.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:24:53 pm by Dwarmin »

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2009, 06:59:59 pm »

I do my morning workout, which is mostly stretches, as I talk to the wounded man I greet the wounded man and explain that I found him near death and presumably robbed. I ask his name and how he is feeling. Thirsty, I take a drink of my waterskin (which should be pretty light about now) and also ask if he knows any sources of water. If he does, I give him the remaining half of my loaf of longland bread and tell him I shall return with food and water soon, which I promptly go to collect (there should be something growing near the water anyway...). If he does not, I tell him I will go seek some (no bread for you!) and go seek some myself. I take my pack, my pot, both waterskins (after urging him to finish off anything that may be in his) and put on my cloak in both circumstances. I also keep a keen eye for anything that could be used as clothing for the man. I never want to see another man's morning wood as long as I live.

Also! If I run into Dwareet'ik I greet him by his name. Hmm. Not sure what I'd do if I'd meet him, though. Perhaps ask him if he knows any healing herbs that grow around here (along with food/water sources if I have failed to find any).
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53