Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44738 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 10:Ask not for whom...)
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2009, 10:37:37 am »

Did... I miss posting an action somehow? I swear over the weekend I posted something. Huh.

Um, well, generic action. Look around and keep on my toes, watch specifically for any potential resources (and threats). In fact, let's pull one of those small stones out of my pack just for a ready action - call me paranoid but I sense the dain-jors.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 10:Ask not for whom...)
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2009, 11:49:01 am »

Day 2, Turn 11: Order: Mr. Person (6!), Weedo su (3!), Dwarmin (4!), Sephiroth (5!)

Mr. Person-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sephiroth-

Dwarmin-

Weedo su-
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 11:Happy Birthday...)
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2009, 01:06:06 pm »

hmm I need some info Paul.

About the glowing mushrooms, could I get one and use it as an improved light source, or are they too big and heavy?

What do the asterisks by my new loot (boat and earring, you didn't add the trinket) in my inventory mean? Unidentified?

Also, how many turns would it take me to get back to my little hiding hole in the quarry from where I am now? Like, how many actions would get to take to get back there in time to sleep and eat. This is assuming I wouldn't be searching, but just trying to get back as fast as possible, past known terrain.

Oh, and good job on the game so far. You found a nice balance between player choice and GM responsibility.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2009, 02:40:36 pm »

Ok... here's some info. I'm treating the 'Tower caps' as a low light source at the moment. There is a specific reason for it, and I do not assume that all tower caps glow. But you could try to whack off a fragment and take it with you. As a kobold it doesn't improve your visibility in the dark at all to be honest, unless it's 100' away from you, in which case you could see the light source at that distance. You already get 60' though inherently and the glow doesn't extend past 20' or so.

As for the trinket... the boat is a trinket. (Ie. essentially useless except under the proper circumstances) the * means unidentified or not appraised for value. (It also means I haven't assigned it a value yet. Which I would do at the time of appraisal.) Some things are inherently more valuable than others. I assume that when most of you are exploring unknown territory you're going slow. Quite slow in fact. If you're returning through known territory you can travel faster, (but suffer a penalty to observation checks). Most of the time things won't change much unless another player has acted upon it. But that isn't always the case. From where you are Dwarmin I'd say it'd take you a turn to return if you performed no other significant actions. Assuming nothing untowards happens, like having a player burn the rope bridge down or something.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:09 pm »

Thanks!

No one burn down the bridge please. That means you!

Actions
I guess I should loot Mr. Person of everything he owns, minus his food, water, and lamp...I don't want him to die by my greedy little Kobold hands, at least not directly. Snag his pack and empty it out. Doff his crown upon mine head. Snag those gauntlets too-try them on, if they hinder me in anyway, by being too large or clunky, he can keep them. Otherwise, they will be mine.

If he resists, bash him in the head till he goes unconscious, or until he dies. Whatever happens first? Of course, I would prefer to do this while he's currently unconscious to avoid confrontation. I can wait.

Don't worry Mr. Person, I’ll return everything when I'm done. Heh.
I had honestly thought you would be dead by now lol

When I’m done, continue exploring deeper into the fortress.

Elyvilon have mercy on my soul.

EDIT: Retracted!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:15:20 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2009, 06:07:08 pm »

Thanks!

No one burn down the bridge please. That means you!

Actions
I guess I should loot Mr. Person of everything he owns, minus his food, water, and lamp...I don't want him to die by my greedy little Kobold hands, at least not directly. Snag his pack and empty it out. Doff his crown upon mine head. Snag those gauntlets too-try them on, if they hinder me in anyway, by being too large or clunky, he can keep them. Otherwise, they will be mine.

If he resists, bash him in the head till he goes unconscious, or until he dies. Whatever happens first? Of course, I would prefer to do this while he's currently unconscious to avoid confrontation. I can wait.

Don't worry Mr. Person, I’ll return everything when I'm done. Heh.
I had honestly thought you would be dead by now lol

When I’m done, continue exploring deeper into the fortress.

Elyvilon have mercy on my soul.

I just want to point out that Elyvion approves of healing those in need, even if they're hostile.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2009, 06:49:30 pm »

I am roleplaying a rotten little Kobold, who officially has no concept of ownership-if you can't hang on to it, it's mine. And you also attacked me earlier. So I have to satisfy a small grudge. I'm sure your can understand. :)

EDIT: Retracted!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:14:31 pm by Dwarmin »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2009, 07:05:13 pm »

Loot, THEN heal.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2009, 09:05:49 pm »

I am roleplaying a rotten little Kobold, who officially has no concept of ownership-if you can't hang on to it, it's mine. And you also attacked me earlier. So I have to satisfy a small grudge. I'm sure your can understand. :)

But in the interest of fair play, I will loot you, and then help you. Consider it payment.

EDIT:lol

Actually, I would advise against that. Chaotic neutral really means chaotic asshole.

In any case, try and light the lantern (ugh) and read the box. Of course, that's assuming I'm awake and I still have it. If I don't, get pissed... and I guess relax. The only real valuable I had was the gauntlets anyways, and those are replaceable.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2009, 03:57:06 am »

I'll scab some plants from the area and look for a bit of water, and then try to find my way back into the structure.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:53 am »

Let's try the ramp. Stealthily. Keeping a sharp eye out of movement. If it's too dark in there to see, drop the stealth and turn on the lamp.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:34 pm »

Day 2, Turn 12: Mr. Person (5!,4!), Sephiroth (4!,5!), Dwarmin (4!,3!), Weedo su (5!,6!); New order: Weedo su, Mr. Person, Sephiroth, Dwarmin

Weedo su-

Mr. Person-

Sephiroth-

Dwarmin-

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 12:Oooooh. Shinies!)
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:08 pm »

I loop the rope into a butterfly coil and carried on my back heh
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Butterfly_coil

Then press on, you don't really need an action from me this turn.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2009, 01:51:42 pm »

All things considered, that came out rather well. The gauntlets and the soup are probably the most important things I've got. I'm perfectly happy with the situation. My character isn't, but what am he gonna do? He's half-dead.

MOAR HAELINGZ PLOX

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:32 pm »

I rest and try to heal my arm, and eat.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53