Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Need input: how to genocide babies and children?  (Read 37609 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Need input: how to genocide babies and children?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 03:35:15 pm »

How the hell do you have 94? Your dwarves spend all day every day getting pregnant by the sounds of it.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 03:47:03 pm »

I have found a cheap and efficient way to get rid of children.

make a floor over lava

+++++++++++++++++++++

then designate for building removal at intervals
+D+D+D+D+D+D

and so on.

The children invariably go to remove from the wrong side, hence they fall with the stone to their fiery doom... Incidentally they fall through magma as if it was very hot air, as I pointed out in another thread. In the spectral world fluids have not weight or heft, and stand as air, apparently.

The only problem with this setting is that collapsing structures tend to stun nearby children and they stop self-terminating. So I have an alternate model

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

first iteration
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D+D

first result

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
+  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  + +

In this second iteration, you designate for removal the remaining tiles, and the children in them with gleefully remove them and fall to their deaths.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 08:23:24 pm »

Why in the hell has no one mentioned the baby armor way designate all the mothers as milatary the tell em to train with spears and you get babykabobs.
Nom nom nom

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 01:02:58 pm »

;D
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 01:29:35 pm »

How the hell do you have 94? Your dwarves spend all day every day getting pregnant by the sounds of it.

Bear in mind that my fortress is over 10 years old, and I think I've got about 8 or 9 married couples, so it adds up rather quickly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 02:32:05 pm »

I certify that dwarves breed like crazy when you have above 50. HENCE the need to kill babies and children.

Note: I've turned the spike child killing chamber above into an altar to armok (I added a masterful green glass statue in one extra tile I made.

I might make it a rock garden and pull out a Johannestown

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »

I currently have like 80 children.  My pop cap is 200 and I have around 320 dwarves.

They breed voraciously.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 08:19:32 am »

Don't kill them.

Use Dwarf Manager and put the lazy little bastards to work!

After all, Dwarves don't even have OSHA*, they sure as the pope shitting in the woods won't have child labor laws.

*I think they outsource their workplace safety oversight to the Imperial NOSHA.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 08:24:34 am »

On another note, you can kill children the same way you kill Nobles - if you make them their own bedroom, they'll hang out there on their free time, though they won't sleep there if they're young. Just lock the door!

Or, for bonus points, build an apartment tower of 1x1 rooms for the irrascable little tykes over top of the chasm/pit/magma pipe/magma pool/just a really deep hole, suspend it all on one support pillar and use Bridges to reach the bedrooms. Lock them all in, and when you've got 'em all, [P]ull the Lever. For best results, use stone walls to ensure that the collapse doesn't miraculously toss one of them onto a ledge or something and he only winds up horrifically maimed.

For even more Fun, you can set this up as a Dwarven Bunker-Buster Bomb with all the goblins and stuff Pitted in the zone where they're gonna hit. If anyone survives, you'll have a lot of fun watching the wee tykes try to strangle the goblins to death, and vice versa.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 08:36:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"At the moment I have 10 children and 8 babies. How can I kill the damn things off? (my biggest problem is getting them into my facilities dedicated to the ..."
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:52 am »

"At the moment I have 10 children and 8 babies. How can I kill the damn things off? (my biggest problem is getting them into my facilities dedicated to the ..."

Ooooooooh boy, somebody's going on a watch list!

Bwahahahahahaaahahahahahahaa!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:18 am »

ROFLMAO!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 09:06:19 am »

LMAO

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 09:20:13 am »

AWESOME
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 10:12:02 am »

I'm pretty sure you've won this thread. Possibly the entire forum, even.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5