Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: RTDX - an RTD eXperiment. Turn 9! First death! Mwahahahaha!  (Read 11925 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I practice my persuasion skill by telling Cheeetar what a great guy he is, and convincing him that he can break that lock easily.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Keep training

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Repeating an action two turns in a row is ill advised.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Repeating an action two turns in a row is ill advised.
FIne.
I try to bandage myself up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Nah, I'll let it slide for now. Primarily because it's problematic for me to upload turns through the PPC, and I've already written and prepared this one.

------------      
Turn 2      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
   Errol has faith in his deity and turns to her again, hoping that Bal'Rogga is pleased enough to reward him. Turns out, she isn't. But she does give him guidance, telling him to avoid going south, and that inanimate objects don't interest her as sacrifices.   

Nirur Torir approaches Cheeetar and yells an invigorating speech into his ear! It's a lousy way to raise someone's confidence, but it works! Forgetting everything he knows about safety, Cheeetar approaches the flame and sets the casket near it. After a few minutes, still cheered on by Nirur, he quickly snatches it away, almost burning his hands! Barely avoiding painful burns, Cheeetar carries the casket away from the fire, and then smashes it against the ground! The casket is hot, but doesn't seem to have lost any of its strength. Cheeetar smashes it again! And again! And again! Finally the casket's lock gives off a plaintive sort of crink, breaks into pieces and falls out of its frame. The casket is open now. Inside of it are three coins of what seems to be copper, and a copper amulet. They're are fairly tarnished, and glued to the bottom of the casket by rust.   

Having lost his training companion, Org attempts scaling the obstacle course alone. And succeeds this time! With barely a scratch and hardly breaking a sweat, he stands victorious on top of the house he's been using for practice.   
------------      
Background: [9]   The fire rises up the wooden construction, and produces a faintly visible column of greyish smoke. From the top of the house, Org can see a thin blue stripe to the south - probably a river.   
------------      
Environment:   Day. It's warm.   
------------      
Free items:      
In Tiny Hamlet:      
Fire:   Burning on a corner of one of the houses. Expanding steadily. Produces a small amout of grey smoke.   
Rusty Iron Hoe:   On the ground. Two-handed farming tool, also melee weapon. Deals blunt damage with +1L, or slash damage.   
Rusty Iron Rake:   On the ground. Two-handed farming tool, also melee weapon. Deals blunt damage with +1L, or pierce damage.   
------------      
Locations:      
Tiny hamlet:   Seems to be named Boottrusses. Four wrecked houses, some broken fences, some trees, and lots and lots of grass here. A note is stuck to a pole saying that it was abandoned by the order of the Council of Lies due to a "Fiend of Assaults".   
------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Cheeetar
Health:   Mild burns on hands.   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), Small casket (left hand), Buckler (left arm), Rags.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Health:   Unharmed.   
Equipment:   Buckler (left arm), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Org
Health:   Bruised.   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Errol
Equipment:   Cudgel (both hands), Leather Greaves, Rags.   
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Stop the fire!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like how? It's not like any of you picked a water god for yourself. [/mock]

:P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Splash water from river on it?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. The Fiend of Assaults is to the south, haven't you been paying attention?

I go north, foraging for food as I go. We have a signal flare here; I'm not sticking around.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Fine. Ill follow Nirur.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I shall go north. I look about for any potential treasures as we walk.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

I craft myself a torch and go north.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX - an RTD eXperiment. Turn 3! And so the adventure starts...
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 03:22:30 am »

And the new turn is here!
------------      
Turn 3      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
   Wary of the unknown danger to the south, and fearing they may have drawn attention with the fire, the group hastily assembles and sets out northwards. Before leaving, Errol fashions a pair of crude-looking torches out of a bundle of wooden planks from a nearby fence, and a wad of dry grass. There's no oil or tar around, so the torches are rather flimsy, and Errol has problems carrying them together wih his trusty cudgel.   

The cart tracks all conveniently lead north, so there is little debate over which way to go. Org strides forward with admirable alacrity, and mocks the others' slow pace until he notices that Nirur and Cheeetar periodically wander sideways and stoop over to pick something up. Curious, he approaches them.   

The previous inhabitants of Boottrusses sure left in a hurry, because Cheeetar's casket is filling up with various semi-valuable miscellanea that must have fallen off the laden carts. At least twelve copper and two silver coins, an iron armband, and two bronze rings, one of them incrusted with a small gem of purple-ish hue. Nirur's collection is less valuable, but much more useful - a bottle of something that seems to be an alcoholic beverage, a miraculously preserved piece of dried meat, and a handful berries of varying shape and color. He can't possibly carry all of it at once, so he entrusts the berries to Org, and the group keeps walking.   
------------      
Background: [12]   The house is almost entirely consumed by the rapidly spreading fire. The smoke becomes darker, and is probably seen for many miles around now.   
------------      
Environment:   Day. It's warm.   
------------      
Free items:      
In Tiny Hamlet:      
Large Fire:   Consumes one of the houses. Rapidly spreads to the rest of the construction. Produces plumes of dark grey smoke.   
Rusty Iron Hoe:   On the ground. Two-handed farming tool, also melee weapon. Deals blunt damage with +1L, or slash damage.   
Rusty Iron Rake:   On the ground. Two-handed farming tool, also melee weapon. Deals blunt damage with +1L, or pierce damage.   
------------      
Locations:      
Tiny hamlet:   Seems to be named Boottrusses. Four wrecked houses, some broken fences, some trees, and lots and lots of grass here. A note is stuck to a pole saying that it was abandoned by the order of the Council of Lies due to a "Fiend of Assaults".   
Green Field:   A vast stretch of grassland surrounding the Tiny Hamlet.   
------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Cheeetar
Health:   Mild burns on hands.   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), Small casket (left hand), Buckler (left arm), Rags.   
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Equipment:   Buckler (left arm), Bottle (left hand), Dried Meat (right hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Org
Health:   Bruised.   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), Berries (left hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Errol
Equipment:   Cudgel (right hand), Bundle of 2 torches (left hand), Leather Greaves, Rags.   

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 03:31:50 am »

I investigate the bushes as well, for valuables. Emphasis put on boots, money, jewelry, backpacks, bags, hats, scythes or belts. While keeping up with the group of course.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:33:25 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 05:38:37 am »

I search around for usable leaves, and make them into bandages that could be used later.
While keeping up with the group.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8