Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: RTDX - an RTD eXperiment. Turn 9! First death! Mwahahahaha!  (Read 11915 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX - an RTD eXperiment. Turn 6! Masses of Mandibled Monsters Menace Me!!
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 09:12:58 pm »

I am still interested.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 10:05:07 pm »

IN

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2009, 07:17:13 pm »

That's all of us. Are you still GMing this, or did you get distracted by that mech game?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2009, 11:44:30 pm »

I would assume he either got distracted or took my somewhat late reply to mean that I wasn't interested.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:05 am »

No, I got distracted, but not by side-games. Real Lifetm is the worst time-sink created by the multiuniversal gaming industry. I'm still planning to carve out some time to keep working on this, though. You can still join the RPS tournament if you like, unlike other games I run it can survive even if I can spare only 5 minutes at a time on it. The others require several hours of uninterrupted attention to work with.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2009, 11:36:02 am »

Well, for what it's worth... TURN HERE!!

Some important news: I lost my matching sets of 3 dice (somehow ending up with 3 sets of 2 matched dice instead of 2 sets of 3), so I used it as an incentive to change my ways. 3d6 rolls are replaced by one standard d20, which I have recently acquired. The medium values are now 10/11.

------------      
Turn 7      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
   Now firmly believing in their safety, the four adventurers begin to settle down and try to do some training. Cheeetar picks up a few stones and puts them into the casket, intending to practice with it. But not two steps later, he trips over another stone, spilling the contents of the casket all over Nirur.   
   His concentration attempt foiled, Nirur goes berserk and throws everything he has at hand back at Cheeetar. Some coins and one of the rings were never found afterwards.   
   Meanwhile, Org and Errol decide that now would be as good a time as any to get some combat practice. Putting aside everything but their daggers, they stand up and start sparring. And though Errol quickly gains the upper hand, Org prevails when his ill-aimed slash cuts straight past Errol's defences and into his abdomen! Luckily, the cut is only superficial, and stops bleeding in a minute. Errol and Org both obtain some valuable experience from the event.   
Background: [9]   There's nothing useful to see of hear.   
------------   
Environment:   Day. It's warm.
------------   
Free items:   
Cudgel:   Somewhere in the area. Two-handed melee weapon. Deals blunt damage with +1L.
Copper coins x3:   Lost somewhere in the area.
Silver coin:   Lost somewhere in the area.
Plain bronze ring:   Lost somewhere in the area.
------------   
Locations:   
Boottrusses:   A tiny hamlet. Four wrecked houses, some broken fences, some trees, and lots and lots of grass here. A note is stuck to a pole saying that it was abandoned by the order of the Council of Lies due to a "Fiend of Assaults".
Green Field:   A vast stretch of grassland surrounding Boottrusses.
------------   
Character Status:   
Quote from: Cheeetar
Health:   Mild burns on hands.
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), Small casket (left hand), Buckler (left arm), Rags.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Health:   Unharmed.   
Equipment:   Buckler (left arm), Bottle (left hand), Dried Meat (right hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Org
Health:   Bruised.   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), purse (left hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Errol
Equipment:   Long Dagger (left hand), Bundle of 2 torches (in belt), Leather Greaves, Leather Belt, Rags.   

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX - an RTD eXperiment. Turn 7! Natural 20.
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2009, 11:47:04 am »

A revived RTD? I fear for the very fabric of the universe. Or something. Hurray!

I sulkily search for the lost items, while throwing angry glances at Cheeetar.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2009, 12:43:48 pm »

Go for a quick sneaky scouting session in the surroundings.

Also, hooray. Revivation.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2009, 06:47:40 am »

I'll put the things that were in my casket back in my casket, and try to make it up to Nirur by helping him search.
I've played some mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2009, 04:43:38 pm »

Begin singing and talking to increase Charisma

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2009, 11:39:30 am »

Huzzah!
Note - the struck-out word was indeed typed before I corrected it. I guess we lack action. :)
------------      
Turn 8      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
   Deciding that simply sitting here is way too dangerous in their situation, Errol leaves his companions and goes for a quick stroll through the surviving surrounding grassland. While he's away, Cheeetar and Nirur combine their efforts to search for the items lost from Cheeetar's casket. To inspire them, and likely for his own sinister ends, Org has decided to bless the nature with the sound of his voice, singing a ballad in a forgotten language, from times long past. So clear was his voice, and so masterful was the performance, that both Cheeetar and Nirur became momentarily enthralled, their hands blindly feeling the ground before them. Org's song coninued, and o wonder! Little birds began to flutter around him, almost a dozen of them, of all of the rainbow's colors! They began to land on his outstretched hands, on his shoulders, on his head, in his... urk...   

In retrospect, no musical note, no matter how clear and beautiful, should justify leaving your wide mouth open for half a minute when little inquisitive birds are around. Completely concentrated on outperforming himself, Org doesn't care about anything until he tries to inhale and chokes on two ounces of meat, bone and feathers. Despite his panic, he almost manages to perform a Heimlich manuever on himself...  except the bird has its own reservations. Utterly confused, the poor thing scrambles its every resource in an attempt to climb! Scratching Org's throat with its tiny claws, the bird keeps forcing its way.. into him! All of Org's attempts to get the creature out fail, he desperately needs help! Thankfully, the bird is rather small, and still allows some air into Org's lungs with its struggles, but it won't be that way for long.   

Having their meditative state abruptly ended, Cheeetar and Nirur spend a moment to assess their findings before looking at Org. They total to eight copper and five silver coins, two plain bronze rings, and one plain iron bracelet. While they stare blankly at each other trying to figure out how that's possible, Errol returns from his scouting mission. He has good news and bad news. Good news - he found a village a short walk from here. Bad news - he also found a sneaky scout-looking person who hastened to run away when he saw him.
------------    
Background: [7]   For what it's worth, everyone notices Org is struggling to breathe. While scouting - more just wandering, actually - Errol spotted the remains of a cart, but it was further away than he planned to walk. It's on the way to the village, though.   
------------      
Environment:   Day. It's warm.   
------------      
Free items:      
Cudgel:   Somewhere in the area. Two-handed melee weapon. Deals blunt damage with +1L.   
Copper coins x3:   Lost somewhere in the area.   
Silver coin:   Lost somewhere in the area.   
Plain bronze ring:   Lost somewhere in the area.   
------------      
Locations:      
Boottrusses:   A tiny hamlet. Four wrecked houses, some broken fences, some trees, and lots and lots of grass here. A note is stuck to a pole saying that it was abandoned by the order of the Council of Lies due to a "Fiend of Assaults".   
Green Field:   A vast stretch of grassland surrounding Boottrusses.   
------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Cheeetar
Health:   Mild burns on hands.   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), Small casket (left hand), Buckler (left arm), Rags.   
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Equipment:   Buckler (left arm), Bottle (left hand), Dried Meat (right hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Org
Health:   Bruised. Minor scratches inside the throat.Severe breathing problems due to throat being clogged with a bird(Rolls d20 for survival, at -3). Pain (-2S)   
Equipment:   Dagger (right hand), purse (left hand), Leather Vest, Rags.   
Quote from: Errol
Equipment:   Long Dagger (left hand), Bundle of 2 torches (in belt), Leather Greaves, Leather Belt, Rags.   

Today's lesson: don't eat your food too fast. :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:41:27 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX - an RTD eXperiment. Turn 8! I tink I taw Org tinging!
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2009, 11:48:20 am »

Bang Org on the back. Keep torch ready for human sacrifice, just in case.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2009, 11:55:36 am »

In a non-permadeath setting, I could likely expect an action along the lines of "I lure the bird out with the berries", just to see what kind of hilarity would ensue. Let's see *rolls* {7/3}.. "You put some berries in your mouth. The bird in your throat doesn't react. The other birds form a phalanx and stuff themselves into your mouth. Tastes like chicken."

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2009, 04:27:24 pm »

I rearrange my rags to look more merchanty-like. If anything dye-like is around, I'll recolour my robes.
I've played some mafia.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2009, 04:45:56 pm »

I will drop the meat into the casket and perform abdominal thrusts on Org with my now free hand.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8